It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very strange hit almost EVERY seismograph in the US at the same time!!!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Just a little note. Me and many fellow DC hobbyists also noticed something wierd at the same time, and i'm glad I noticed this post!

My friend in Rock Falls received an enigmatic spike at exactly the same time on his home dosimeter.

Typically dosimeters detect x-rays, gamma-rays, etc. You know, radiation.
It's not uncommon for spikes and blurps to appear here and there anyway, even at abnormally high levels, based on surrounding events. For example, turning a microwave on will cause a massive reading spike.

however, considering the timing with this event, it may be plausible to say we've just bore witness to a sunfart!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

Are you talking about the same day the space shuttle returned? I remember thinking someone hit my house with a car since there was actual vibrations and a bam. I ran out side front and back and saw nothing. The following day I discovered nearly everyone I spoke to heard and felt the same thing. (central Florida) We all thought it was an earthquake but it was just the shuttle breaking the sound barrier.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

That's weird. I heard a loud bump or thump earlier, I ran out to see if someone hit the building and nothing was there.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seataka

wat do we know actually about the processes in earth's inner core...
in relation to magnetic fields.......

we all agree that earth is chancing rapidly no question about it...
if it is an cycle ,,,,,???? than the 2012 theory is not so weird..

if it is coming from cosmic events such as an nova ore supernova shockwaves..than that will be a new kind of sciense to discouver

fact is....technologic we are... we really dont understand the fysics of planets yet....

also if an member finds an anomally...please don't demonise her/him instandly...but lets all stay open for discussion..history has proven that one single clear mind can chance the whole beliefe in sciense...

we all know how long it took to proof the earth was round.. hihi

[edit on 30-5-2010 by ressiv]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
Both on the right track

WHAT IF: (if there was an instantaneous anomaly)

This is the gravity wave from the death of betelgeuse?

[edit on 29-5-2010 by seataka]

No prolly the gravity wave from the death of beetle bailey. Dummkopf

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There's a youtube video related to this topic....

I'm new, so I probably can't post links.

youtube dot com/watch?v=E1_kdZnr2NQ

[edit on 30-5-2010 by firecharger]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

That is just silly. A nuclear test, ANYWHERE on the planet, would register at different times, at different places. Besides- N. Koreas LAST attempted nuclear detonation, failed miserably.
This is a MUCH more difficult problem. I like the "gravitational wave" theory. The Universe is filled with a LOT of strange things- we have JUST begun to explore.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by firecharger
There's a youtube video related to this topic....

I'm new, so I probably can't post links.

youtube dot com/watch?v=E1_kdZnr2NQ

[edit on 30-5-2010 by firecharger]

Here, embeded it for you matey.

For future reference, here's the HTML tags for embedding a Utube vid.

[ yvid ] place Utube code here- with no spaces between [ ] quotes [ /yvid ]

(if you click quote on this post you'll see the HTML tags with your vid code as explained, do that with any others you'd like to post.)

So in this instance, simply added E1_kdZnr2NQ between those tags and presto...

No reason why you can't do that yourself as far as rules go, you just can't start a thread until you've posted a few times, 20 i think, nothing preventing you embedding a Utube vid to make a point etc, although methinx ye'll find it's been seen before in other threads, but that doesn't mean you can't repeat it.

If you think it's relevant, that's your opinion and this site has freedom of speech and expression, indeed.
(As long as it's respectful to parameters of ATS T&C's, there are some speech and expression limits when it comes to trolling and personal attacks etc.)

Peace. And welcome to ATS.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by DeltaPan]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I see from the fact this thread is still going on no-one bothered to check the readings on Friday when there was a large Earthquake in the Pacific, because if they had then it would have been instantly obvious that the same 'anomaly' occured then as well. As has been previously said, it's perfectly normal. Not, it's all a big cover up, move along normal. Just normal.

Originally posted by janglur
It's not uncommon for spikes and blurps to appear here and there anyway, even at abnormally high levels, based on surrounding events. For example, turning a microwave on will cause a massive reading spike.

What sort of Microwave have you got to register on a geiger counter/dosimeter? They don't generate ionising radiation, which is what a device to measure radiation is sensitive to. I'd throw it in the bin quick mate.... That or your mates dosimeter is actually something else!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Texas will have a 6.5 soon that most will feel.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ethericplane

Can we expect the P wave time stamps to be adjusted to coincide with normal spans or will there be something lasting to see?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sorry guys, my overweight auntie fell off her couch. You can all relax.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Wow...that's on par with the I farted post earlier
Still makes me laugh though.

What's worse is I had to edit this b/c I mispelled "farted" the first time.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Gibbon]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Most likey it is related to the news that there was a crack in the magnetosphere that occured yesterday, and it said it lasted for several hours.

On May 29th, the interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) tilted south and opened a crack in Earth's magnetosphere. Solar wind poured in and fueled a G1-class geomagnetic storm. Northern Lights were sighted as far south as Wisconsin:

spaceweather.com...

An article about cracks in magnetosphere:

science.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Most likey it is related to the news that there was a crack in the magnetosphere that occured yesterday, and it said it lasted for several hours.

On May 29th, the interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) tilted south and opened a crack in Earth's magnetosphere. Solar wind poured in and fueled a G1-class geomagnetic storm. Northern Lights were sighted as far south as Wisconsin:

Ok but something has to cause these 2 events, and I doubt these are random occurances

But yes they could indeed be random untill the cause and its propagation is understood.
Thanks for the links tho

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwasas
I see from the fact this thread is still going on no-one bothered to check the readings on Friday when there was a large Earthquake in the Pacific, because if they had then it would have been instantly obvious that the same 'anomaly' occured then as well. As has been previously said, it's perfectly normal. Not, it's all a big cover up, move along normal. Just normal.

We are on the same page
so I'm not arguing withya, but you missed this post back on page 18

Gosh another one
This event has been explained, I can't see why the discussion is still going on about other odd reasons for it, posters must be reading the first page then just posting their own opinions without reading the other 19 pages

[edit on 31-5-2010 by muzzy]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzy
We are on the same page

This event has been explained, I can't see why the discussion is still going on about other odd reasons for it, posters must be reading the first page then just posting their own opinions without reading the other 19 pages

muzzy

for starters , just chk the date in your post of the event on page 18 and then chk the date event in op on page 1.
If something again happened in vanatu, then these events cannot be explained that easily. can they?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by savvys84

Originally posted by muzzy
We are on the same page

muzzy
for starters , just chk the date in your post of the event on page 18 and then chk the date event in op on page 1.
If something again happened in vanatu, then these events cannot be explained that easily. can they?

You missed the point, the post on page 18 is about the Vanuatu quake, and it had the same effect as the Brazil quake mentioned on page 1, ie it showed on seismographs all around the world.
It happens every Mag 7+ and most quakes in the mid Mag 6's .
The lower Mag 6's tend to diminish in strength on the graphs the further away from the epi center the seismograph is.
Anything lower than 5.5 tends just to show locally ie within a radius of 3000km.

Check the page out right now, its showing the 6.0 at the Phillipines that occured 8 hours ago on just about all seismographs around the world, but to varying degrees, note how in the South East Asia area the line is quite large in height, but down here in New Zealand thousands of miles away its not so big.
Thats how seismographs work.
It took about 10 minutes for the P-wave to travel the distance and start showing on the NZ seismo.
Live Internet Seismic Server

You can cross reference the graphs with events using this page.
Live Earthquakes

Note: If you don't read this within 8 hours the line will be gone and you won't see what I am talking about.

I am not discounting that Solar Flares may cause earthquakes here on Earth, but I haven't seen any evidence of data to show this. By data I mean where is the list of the dates and times of Solar Flares? so that we can compare with data on earthquake events recorded.

Without data to prove it then its BS.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Muzzy Thanks. I see your point which I am quite aware of.
But the event talked about on page 1 made the whole earth lurch, or made the earth skip a heart beat if you will and imo it was no bloody P waves of phage.
There was something else which the presently known physics cannot explain.

Cheers

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by savvys84

I'm not going to convince you am I.

The only time the earth has skipped a beat so to speak was the 2004 Indonesian 9.0 Mag quake.

The Feb 2010 Chilean 8.8 quake came close too, I recall the siemographs on that Live Siesmo page were completly black the lines were so big, ALL OF THEM.

The Samoa 8.0 in March last year had very few spaces between the lines too.

I think the initial question of this topic has been answered, it was a quake in Brazil. The other issues, such as possible causes of it are another topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join