It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very strange hit almost EVERY seismograph in the US at the same time!!!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
just some food for thought but obama apparently sent a nuclear physicist to asses the situation in the gulf....is it possible bp set up a loop on their live feed because they actually did detonate a nuclear bomb to try and stop the leak and they didn't want us to see it???????????????????

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DewkDogg
I checked out the graphs and noticed Austrailia was not affected, but it makes sence...cuz islands float.
Something that shows up on every sisemic chart must have come from the direct center. I just hope north stays where it is and it was just a Planet burp.

I already linked to it on PAGE 6. But Australia was affected by whatever it was.

Australia has some showing up on the east coast @ Charters towers CTAO
and @ Marble Bar, Western Australia MBWA.

the only one it WAS NOT showing up on was @ NWAO

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Luckily it wasn't so big that it could be felt...I have to wonder though.., the larger an area an earthquake occurs, the less locally transmitted rumbling force is felt just maybe? So if the whole world had an 8.0 quake...it may feel like a 4 or 5.0 at the local level wherever you may be?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

I was wondering the same thing before reading this post.

And if this is the case, would this mean we could consider this THE possible Great Earthquake? If it were, we're in a world of crap.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This thread is still going?

Good luck guys.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by linux2216

My question is: why is there no output on the Florida seismograph? Florida would appear peaceful than Heaven.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by linux2216]

There was no data available for the Midwest U.S. where I am either. And we're on the New Madrid Fault. Although we feel tremors now and again from time-to-time. Very small, but noticeable to those who are stationary.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
This thread is still going?

Good luck guys.

It appears it has only been going on for the past couple days.

At least we're not a bunch of old head politicans, in some endless ongoing discussion over bills/reforms that make no sense and fail to truly benefit the people.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Persephone1

Point well taken..

A star for that.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Can someone check the current magnetic north of the planet as it has been shifting more and more each year. If a big shift occurred in a moment of time would it throw the readings off until the machines recalibrated? According to some scientists the magnetic poles of the earth flip every 5000 years or so. Where's the Mayans to explain their 2012 clock?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi
>
>
Again, the response from a friend

David

great questions; however, (grin) beyond my 'reply' intent.

> Interested in the reasons you put forth about what sets off seismographs. You state that it is energy and for a seismograph, earth's acceleration at the instrument site.

i started with the energy and acceleration quote because (iirc) it appeared some of the initial postings showed surprised by all the 'red dots', with the same time factor, +/- arrival, that appeared on the supplied (seismic) map.

> As you go on to talk about tilt - is this or could this also be wobble?

tilt can wobble.

> Would deceleration, which can also be rapid, be a factor?

yes, but there is a lot of discussion involved that i do not have time to get into, based on: some of the older, (scientific community) accepted, data is wrong, corrections have been made, and are on a list, waiting for inclusion. (smile) my OT response would be: when 'string theory' is 'more in place' certain 'things' will be easier to understand and explain.

>
> Interested also in your statements on linear time. I understand the illusion of linear time but am not quite clear how approaching the event horizon (assuming it will be zero) would give or could give a seismographic reading.

(iirc) i pointed to a post that included the name of the (imo) 'late and great' terrence mckenna, because terrence was a friend who would visit, thirty-five, plus, years ago, when he was in town.

i always felt terrence was on to something most folks did not understand, and we had a lot of great chats about 'this and that'.

this mention had nothing to do with "seismographic reading."

(OT, but somewhat related to "illusion of linear time")

here is a fun mp3 you may enjoy; especially the part about einstein, rosen, and podolsky's 'ERP effect' originated at princeton university during the late '30s: www.flyingsnail.com...

hth'n'best2u, ~@~

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ok...does anyone find it funny or strange in the least that the only place that seems to be 'unaffected' by all the 'red dots' on the map, seems to be North Africa? Not trying to add a conspiracy to this, but is there a chance that Iran has found some underground way to create earthquakes in different parts of the world? Is this possible?

I'm not going off topic. My questioning this, is related to the Iran president saying that he was going to wipe the USA completely off the map. Why would he say that? Could he possibly have found a way to create these earthquakes, and could be using it as a weapon?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seesinclouds

Whilst the thought of Iran , or anyother nation having the capability to remove other nations from the world is staggering and terrifying, I do not believe that , were the Iranians to have such a thing, that they would bother puffing out thier chests about it . They would just push the button, then watch for a couple of days while the seismic insanity rolled around a bit.
However, I dont believe they have such a thing. Have you ANY idea how many nations have threatened to destroy the united states of america? Im going to give you a clue, its all the ones that contain terror suspects, and have a lot of blast craters in them. It never works, it probably never will , not in our lifetime.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Still find it strange they are unaffected. And I DO believe that he would be arrogant enough to elude to what he could be capable of, without telling, and then push the button, and sit back, and watch as everything around them is being destroyed. Don't think they don't have the money to hire the smartest scientists around. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it isn't true. Don't put it past him.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Whilst the thought of Iran , or anyother nation having the capability to remove other nations from the world is staggering and terrifying, I do not believe that , were the Iranians to have such a thing, that they would bother puffing out thier chests about it . They would just push the button, then watch for a couple of days while the seismic insanity rolled around a bit.
However, I dont believe they have such a thing. Have you ANY idea how many nations have threatened to destroy the united states of america? Im going to give you a clue, its all the ones that contain terror suspects, and have a lot of blast craters in them. It never works, it probably never will , not in our lifetime.

This is the exact kind of thinking that allows stuff like this to happen. Wake up man. There are things going on around you, that even though you are strong, and looking to take on things head on, they don't always come at you headon.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Gosh look everyone, something very strange hit almost EVERY seismograph in the WORLD at the same time at 2010-05-27 17:14:52.2 UTC

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

It was a 7 mag quake in Vanuatu.

Come on people, wise up, these events have been going on for millions of years and will continue to do so.

BTW, its a Full Moon today

[edit on 27-5-2010 by muzzy]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with the Yellow Stone Caldera? (I would imagine if it's getting ready to pop there would be some deeper rumblings that could be felt across the planet.

(If so I wonder if the Oil disaster has anything to do with waking it up?)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Oh I fully understand the underhanded nature of the world as it is today . I think thats the problem we face at this time. I believe we are in far more danger from the actions of companies, and irresponsible sellers of arms , than we ever are from actual nations or thier insane leadership.
Its not arrogance to have a firm grasp of things. Iran for example relies on the nations it threatens for various things. Hell , the west sells arms to Iran when Iran is being a good boy, so it makes no sense for them to take a serious bite of the hand that feeds.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Heard about this giant solar flare that is about to hit us tonight or tomorrow (my birthday) with an ion cloud that will disturb cell phone calls and all that. As a physicist, I see a connection between the gravity of the sun and this simultaneous earthquake; it is a shift in space itself that earth felt, or in other words, we got a short sample of the gravity drain field at galactic axis which ripple up from the sun's influence. The sun is on galactic axis now, we are not quite there.

Very interesting topic!!!!! I'm glad you brought it to my attention.
What time was this event? And the data, was it exactly the same time everywhere?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmrmikee

Scuse me. But, are you suggesting that some how the sun was able to throw more than flares at us ? I mean, gravity is not typicaly thrown off by such things is it ?
Please outline what you mean by what you said in laymans terms?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

That link is now old, they update every 30 minutes. Did you save the page? What are the numbers in that left column, they don't seem to be rictor scale that's for sure.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

North Africa is one of the most stable areas in the entire world. If it weren't for the rampant disease and illness that grows there due to the climate, it would be the safest place to go in the entire world.

In fact, many of the "true" survivalists -- meaning scientists and such -- are establishing habitats in Southern Africa right now. This is because there is less of a chance of disease there, due to a more modern population, and still in Africa which means it is on more stable ground.

Further, it has been said that during a complete magnetic polar reversal, one of the most violent natural occurances on Earth, Africa would remain largely unaffected.

Perhaps this is why Africa was not affected? Just a theory.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by lpowell0627]

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join