It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Police States of America!!

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
G-8 Summit in Georgia is looking pretty dim.
US military hardware and personnel to be used against its own citizens?

The last time I looked, wasn't it against the law and the constitution of the USA for its military to act on its own soil? I am not an American but it sure looks like things are going for a crapper down South.

Check out the following link:

propagandamatrix.com...




posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
dude, you're talking about georgia. its been in the crapper for years along with my state which is a neighbor. this is the south...we have a lot of good old boys willing to fight for whatever the "group" tells them to. brainless...utterly brainless. spineless, too. (sorry, don't mean to be judgemental



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Huh? The military can act on US soil. What if we were attacked? Would they say "Hold it Hold It lets move out of US borders then we fight.
I believe you are confusing the CIA with the military. The CIA is not supposed to conduct activities on US soil.
As for the links......the name says it all PROPAGANDA... Sorry just don't care for Alex Jones.



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is moronic.
Exactly who do you propose pull security for this summit, Brinks?

Let's make something out of something, huh?



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
"Dim" is one way to describe it.

"The body bags have been shipped in, locals are running scared, and foreigners are being arrested and deported. Organisers of this week's G8 Summit are taking no chances with security. E Jane Dickson reports from a community under siege."

news.independent.co.uk...




posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
wackenhut coulda done it.



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
Huh? The military can act on US soil. What if we were attacked? Would they say "Hold it Hold It lets move out of US borders then we fight.
I believe you are confusing the CIA with the military. The CIA is not supposed to conduct activities on US soil.
As for the links......the name says it all PROPAGANDA... Sorry just don't care for Alex Jones.


no, the posse comitatus(sp?) states the military(applies to the cia also) cannot perform police duties or what they are doing in georgia, this is illegal and suspicious.



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The US military constutionally cannot conduct operations 'within' the borders.

This job was left to the US Militia, which was changed to the National Guard, and is constitutionally designated to conduct operations SOLELY within the US borders.


Now lets see....how many National Guardsmen do you think are in Iraq right now?

(If more than one, then it is constitutionally illegal)



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Even if the originall post to this thread was correct, on what basis can one claim this constitutes a police state. It seems that phrases like "police state" and "martial law" are thrown about quite loosely without any regard to the true definition.



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
This is moronic.
Exactly who do you propose pull security for this summit, Brinks?

Let's make something out of something, huh?


Although you carry the tag as 'Super Moderator', I tend to believe you are missing the point.

The need for such elevated levels of security is another matter entirely and is a perfect example of how the US government and their world domination freaks have deceived the general American public, and most of the world, into believing the unnecessary need for all of this paranoia. After all, it fits so nicely in with the Orwellian police state that if you are living in the USA, have the pleasure of experiencing. Get out and get a picture of it from sources other than CNN or MSNBC. The control of the American media from within its borders is a complete joke.

But security you say? And why? Oh, because there are 'al -Queda terrorists' out there who want to blow up stuff! Give me a break!

Again, the fake conception of an entity so labeled as 'al-Queda' is just another ploy played out against the all too gullible joe public. You don't believe that they were responsible for 9/11 do you? All by 'themselves'?

In Georgia, the citizen loving government and military goons have 10,000 men in uniform, tanks, anti-aircraft guns, aircraft and every other piece of crap that the good citizens of the US have paid for, simply so they can throw the fear of something happening into the general public's mind.

Instill fear = belief = compliance = absolute government control = Orwell reborn = USA 2004!! Hoooraaayyy!!

The only thing that will happen will be a few pot smoking hippies that care about the world and what the IMF, World Bank and all of the other Wall Street controlled dirtbags have in mind for the less fortunate in the world. All so you can wear your Gap loose fits, while driving your Escalade sipping on your non-fat mocha!

What a pathetic world this has become!

RIFH



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Even if the originall post to this thread was correct, on what basis can one claim this constitutes a police state. It seems that phrases like "police state" and "martial law" are thrown about quite loosely without any regard to the true definition.


yea, it doesnt constitute to a police state but it is rather odd why a state of emergency was declared for a protest and that military are helping police the area.



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Merovingianthe Orwellian police state that if you are living in the USA


this may be wrong but such things are rare, youre going off the deep end, really you cant compare the country to what orwell described, the government isnt that blatantly oppressive and decietful, our country isnt socialist like what orwell described, sure it has done some bad things but keep the reallity in perspective please.



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Everyone sing it!!!! What about this whole "national security" thing. Its just something that the gov. made up so the "people" can depend on them to help stop terrorists. And everynow and again there is a new "threat" or "warning" sent out by the gov. so they can say they are doing there job. What about the antrax thing? Did they ever findout who was doing that? The gas tankers stolen......Who did that? Just made up scenerios so the "people" can relax. The whole police state topic.....Its already here people. The gov. can track cell phone calls, monitor email, what sites you visit, what you buy(credit cards), bank information, and passwords. Soon bankers will try and stop the printing of bills and coins so we all can use "E-money" (credit cards, debit cards, travlers checks) WAKE UP



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
im not saying that the antrax scare was made up, just nothing seemed to be done about it.



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Even if the originall post to this thread was correct, on what basis can one claim this constitutes a police state. It seems that phrases like "police state" and "martial law" are thrown about quite loosely without any regard to the true definition.


Face it....you're in denial
If you live in the US you are unfortunately oblivious to what is going on (not speaking for all). It is much clearer observing from the outside looking in that this is what is happening.

The Patriot Act, Total Information Awareness, RFID, search and seizures, surveillance, dogs, cops, choppers and it's only going to get worse.

However, if the Ministry of Truth tells you, it must be true!



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxtrot_uniform
Everyone sing it!!!! What about this whole "national security" thing. Its just something that the gov. made up so the "people" can depend on them to help stop terrorists. And everynow and again there is a new "threat" or "warning" sent out by the gov. so they can say they are doing there job. What about the antrax thing? Did they ever findout who was doing that? The gas tankers stolen......Who did that? Just made up scenerios so the "people" can relax. The whole police state topic.....Its already here people. The gov. can track cell phone calls, monitor email, what sites you visit, what you buy(credit cards), bank information, and passwords. Soon bankers will try and stop the printing of bills and coins so we all can use "E-money" (credit cards, debit cards, travlers checks) WAKE UP


if people were actually that blind and believe everything their told, then they deserve what they get, seriously, but i doubt THAT many people are so stupid



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
just watching the news (cnn, msnbc, fox) you can tell it is getting worse and worse by the min. but I think America is going to be the country that jump kicks this thing in the butt for the whole world. Expect Iraq to be majorly involved.



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
some people are just happy in there sweet little lives that it just happens around them and they adapt to it. Like a cold blooded animal. No not that many people are stupid not to relize it they just dont. The government has "shielded their eyes".



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's just election politics and psy-ops. Watch for the riot-police around the RNC. The current administration wants to keep Americans scared. They want a percieved threat to cloud people's decision making process. Throw a couple of paramilitary images on the nightly news, and people get brainwashed into thinking that they need the government to protect them from the terror that is at thier doorstep, no matter what the cost. A terror that people have created to serve thier own agenda.



posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Merovingian
However, if the Ministry of Truth tells you, it must be true!


i dont recall any truth ministry or any one entity hiding everything and lieing about what they want us to know or stopping us from saying things they dont accept, you are paranoid.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join