It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil Gusher SOLUTIONS ONLY thread.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

They probably have moth balled ships that they could use for this purpose to essentially drop a dome to contain the leaks.

They would need a way to pump out the natural gas to keep the dome from becoming buoyant, which is the problem with the first attempt at putting a dome on the link.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

USS Enterprise will be decommissioned soon. Would be a great way to go out, saving the country and possibly the world.

I think if the ship was large and heavy enough, the methane clathrate may not be an issue. If the mud and cement arn't dense enough we could try copper. A ship full of 500,000 dw tons worth of pennies.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

reply to post by MikeboydUS

Here is a candidate:

Plans to sink Navy Ship as reef

Ship Bio Weight = 4,100 tons

[edit on 27-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Looks like next they will be going with a junk filler application.

Hope it works, although I wonder how long it will take to set up such a system.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Well there's no reason to believe that could happen, but even if it somehow did enlarge the outlet, it's not going to leak faster since it's still limited by the narrow diameter of the vein that goes from the ocean floor to the oil 3 miles below it. Then again, I'm no geologist.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just a quick thought.

As a result of the failed "Top Kill" they now have 2 High Pressure hoses attached to BOP as a result. Couldn't these operate in a reversed flow to siphon some of the oil/gas/pressure while fitting "Top Hat" or perhaps even after?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I'm sure they could. If they can pump higher pressure levels down in there than the well was pushing up, I can't see why they can't suck at higher pressures.

I'm still baffled that they used old low tech junk shot and then gave up without trying modern high tech 'junk' as we all came up with in this thread and the other.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Just stop lieing to the public AND START DRILLING ON BOTH SIDES OF THE WELL.

The oil companies know very well there is no other reasonable way to contain this issue,they have to start drilling now,they didnt consider drilling to this point because they are idiots---dont kid yourself IDIOTS.

What they are concerned about is the way the well is ANCHORED,imagine a thick milkshake,stick a regular sized milkshake straw into the cup and wiggle it around--notice how the thickness of the milkshake dictates how much you can wiggle the straw.imagine trying to thread twenty smaller straws together and then stick them down through the first larger straw and make them hit a dead center spot on the bottom of the cup.

If the large straw moves around a lot you will never hit the center of the cup bottom,every time the large straw shifts position the angle of the smaller straws being run through it changes and you go off target.Try it at home the milkshake is cheaper than the billion they already wasted.

The solution is to freeze solid an area around the large straw to make it more stable or solid,thenyou will have a sort of floating but stable AIMING STRAW IF YOU WILL.

Now we can hit the bottom of the cup,dead center and poke through the bottom to get at the oil.

Oooops,forgot that the area under the bottom of the cup is pressurised like a can of shaving creme,have to find a way to let out a little at a time.

Eureeka!!!we will attatch a shaving creme can top with a button on it to THE LARGE STRAW,then we will run the twenty little straws through the NEW TOP,down through the big straw and we will poke a little hole through the bottom of the cup,now when the pressure from the can under the cup is released it has to come through the little straw to get to the top and then it hits the top part with the button and we can let out as little or as much as we choose when we choose in a controlled manner JUST LIKE RELEASING SHAVING CREME.

Things are going just tickety boo,as long as the big straw STAYS FROZEN IN PLACE and everything else is sealed tight.

If something goes wrong with the top part after we are done and the shaving creme starts coming out uncontrolled,we have to stop the creme from coming out so we can put a new button top on and regain control of the flow.

First we have to blow something BACK DOWN AT THE SHAVING CREME IN THE CAN THAT WANTS TO GET OUT,to force it down,like blowing down through your milkshake straw.Then when we are blowing hard enough to keep the creme in the can we QUICKLY PUT ON A NEW TOP AND THEN LET ER RIP.

The main concern when we are replacing the top part is that THE BIG STRAW STAY FROZEN IN PLACE BECAUSE IF IT MOVES TO MUCH OR COMES LOOSE THE PRESSURE OF THE SHAVING CREME WILL BLOW OUT THE LARGE STRAW AND EVERYTHING ATTATCHED TO IT.

Then we may as well nuke it.

So what is really happening now is bp is or was initially praying that they could just replace the top like I just explained,problem is that it isnt working so well because THEY CANT BLOW DOWN THE MILKSHAKE STRAW HARD ENOUGH TO KEEP THE SHAVING CREME IN THE CAN.

And they ARE DEATHLY AFRAID that the big straw will be blown out of the cup from the great pressure.

The most reliable solution wasnt the first one they tried ,the first one was the popular and cheap one.
Now they have to set up more big straws to cut into the original hole and divert the pressure off to another line with a button top,possibly two lines with two tops,when they have at least two lines splitting the pressure they can then begin push the pressure back down in a controlled manner ,then they can control the well from the new line that has a good top,and then they fix the old top.

But this costs as much as drilling the first well,oops I mean ten times as much in an emergency,six billion ought to do it.

I happen to know a couple of great crews in Alberta that have the skills to consult on this baby.

But alberta is like Texas everything is big and expensive.So bring the six billion and lets start making hole.

Anyone with rig experience will understand that I am not following all of the proper steps and am skipping most of the important info,just trying to keep it simple,I really dont need to hear from any lifers trying to tell me how to get to the rodeo.Yall already know its not my first.

Let me put it to you this way,whoever did the casting for the movie Armageddon with Bruce Willis,WAS DEAD ON THE MONEY,the monkeys you saw that made up the crew sent to save the planet are EXACTLY LIKE 90% FO THE THE RIGGERS I WORKED WITH FOR YEARS.

I mean really these monkeys are operating these systems,and sorry to say I was a maverick and will tell you that I wasnt part of the old boys club,EVER.I came up the hard way,no favours.People ,imagine a retard from the missisipi swamps somehow bonking his head and waking up smart just long enough to learn to do a basic job,then NEVER EVER LETTING THAT JOB GO BECAUSE WHEN HE LEARNED A NEW TRICK AFTER SAY--TEN FREAKING YEARS---HE WOULD MOVE UP AND PUT COUSIN JEB IN HIS OLD SPOT,jeb will never work for Nasa.

My point is there are a lot of idiots on these rigs and there are no idiot police to save us,its like an imbred family that only rarely takes in new blood and then only to screw them long enough to keep the family surviving.Everyone stays stupid and no one can think on their feet,and that my friends is what a rigger is SOMEONE WITH THE ABILITY TO THINK ON THEIR FEET.

Sorry for our luck but good ole JEB ended up somehow driving BPs nice big rig,so to speak.Looks like he had a wee acident.

Fixing it is good but lets at least understand it was human error right off the bat.

Watch the tv show license to drill,it is about land rigs but if you have any rig knowledge and you watch the show you will see so many stupid things being done not just stupid but in some cases BROADCAST NATIONALLY, deadly,I have seen several roughnecks almost sacrificed by their stupid drillers with their stupid tool pushes watching the floor while they almost die.

The average viewer sees something slip out of a guys control and bump something else but they arent aware that WHATEVER IT IS ON A RIG IT IS DEADLY WHEN YOU LOSE CONTROL,a simple length of pipe out of control can break open a high pressure valve if it strikes it,kill a righand,of create a myriad of other serious dangers.

A simple mistake by someone who for whatever reason isnt on the ball can end up causing a situation like we have here,something as simple as one guy lieing about performing a regularly scheduled seal replacement that is done at one quarter of the seals life to ensure a large safety margin exists,you see this cat needed a cigarette break and he knew the seal was replaced WAY TO EARLY SO HE FIGURED HE COULD SKIP A CHANGE----problem is a week later the man on his opposite shift ALSO THINKS THE SAME THING,or possibly for some reason there is what they think an informed decision to delay that replacement with the understanding by management that there was a specific amount of life left on the seal----the safety margin that was screwed by the idiot.

One cigarette break by one idiot,combined with a circumstantial secondary decision made by management with incorrect feedback from the righands and BANGO ,here we are.

Any rigger can tell you what they need to do,the real question is why they havent started.

I must add that the upper management of these major companies are to blame for allowing underqualified personell to be in positions to allow these errors to happen,they are cheap and they sacrifice quality of employee for morons who will break every rule that exists to drill fast and cheap holes and in the process they endanger lives and the environment for a few dollars and a shiny safety award coffe mug.

Has anyone at BP resigned yet over this?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by one4all]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I thought that this was really interesting as to solving the leak.

www.nypost.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The incredible amount of pressure being vented presents a problem to this idea that I just linked to,you MUST COUNTER THE TREMENDOUS PRESSURE SOMEHOW.

The best "innovative idea is this one so if someone can send it to BP and then u2u me I will give more details but the meat of it is this,SPEAR THE WELL.

You have to find a way to get the oil contained ,the fluid contaminants,so you simply run down a drill string and spear the well bore so you can redirect the fluids up and out of the water into a large open container vessel or a combonation flare and fluid containment system.

The key is containment of the fluids before you shut the well in because we are wasting time and causing irreversable and significant damage as we spin our wheels.

We could also drill strategic quick bore holes around the well bore and try to fracture the formation with explosives and seal it that way,but big risk with that to,BUT IT IS VERY FAST SOLUTION.Drill,dump charges,cement,blow,just make sure you whipstock off before you plant the charges so the formation absorbs more of the impact and less pressure effects the cement plug.

Bp I think owes me one now,after a little thought forget the spear,frac er and right now,then use the time you have to make a suitable recovery plan.The problem seems to be letting the black gold go and losing the well totally,just collapse th formation into itself and let er go,write it off,before the entire world hears from this thread and understands you just have to frac the formation the well bore is run through.They are trying to save the well and its potential revenue, not the ocean and the environment,WAKE UP PEOPLE AND GET CRACKING---CONTACT YOUR LOCAL POLITICIAN AND TURN UP THE HEAT.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't know how logical it is but I will speak it anyway...

How about a huge very fine sieve to filter the oil from water...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Rare Earth Magnet Machine Gun

Now that they've removed the BOP the technical approach to jamming the main pipe with rare earth magnet (REM) is perhaps easier, it's just going to take a lot more magnets.

Instead of modifying the manifold-BOP hookups, now they just have to shove a long straight aluminum pipe down DEEP down into the main well pipe. Basically, a 1-2" tube for the machine gun inserted a good 1-2 miles down the well.

But also shove a 4" tube (or as big a tube as they can anyways) down along with it to pump cement.

When both are in place begin rapid firing the rare earth magnet cylinders (separated by plastic spacers). At first they would be marginal, but eventually after firing thousands of this at a high rate they'll begin sticking together and start clogging the well pipe.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It just occured to me that with the (I think it's 10") drill tube inside the well pipe that the idea I outlined above would have even greater odds of success than if it were just a wide open 19.5" tube.

I assume they can feed a pipe deep into the well as they do have a pipe insert interface in the "cap" which they're currently feeding dispersant fluid into. The only catch now is to get it down below 1000' as apparently some pipe fitting have ruptured.

I don't think they're trying hard enough, at any point. Low tech obviously isn't working.

Also, the 'machine gun' drive unit would be relatively easy to do using high powered electromagnets to repel the stream of 'Magnet Shot' down the line. A titanium pipe could endure just about any amount of force they could throw at it.

Another revision would be to use discs instead of cylinder shaped loads. Like silver dollars or poker chips. They'd be flatter allowing them to not get pushed up the well pipe as easy, and would provide a tighter strangle where they clog it up.

In any case, if you're trying to strategize a solution you have a intentionally leaky cap that has pipe insert interface(s), hooked to a well pipe that has a drill tube in the middle of it, if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Look what I just found in my emailbox, after 3 weeks:

We appreciate you submitting your Alternative Response Technology (ART) proposal to the Horizon Support Team. This note is to inform you that we do have your information on record and will be processing it as soon as possible. You will be informed of the disposition of your recommendation following technical review.

Thank you!
Horizon Support Team

THANK YOU! You're too cheap to hire enough people to sift thru all of the idea suggestions you requested!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Dear ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to think about and submit your proposed solution regarding the Horizon incident. Your submission has been reviewed for its technical merits. A similar approach has already been considered or planned for possible implementation. All of us on the Horizon Support Team appreciate your thoughts and efforts.

Sincerely yours,
Horizon Support Team

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I received a message from Mark Victor Hansen suggesting an engineering company may have efficient solutions for both stopping the oil gusher and for skimming the oil from the ocean, at least most of it, and processing the separation of oil from water onboard tankers.

Two videos of how this engineering enterprise foresees these possibilities are here: HowToSaveTheGulf.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the post!

At least you got a response, and at least you have tried, thank you for your effort. Out of all the solutions, I have seen one that worked in the past and, to me, makes the most sense.

Gulf Oil Spill 6 Week Solution, posted by freighttrain @ www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I am very glad I found this thread because I have an idea to stop it.

I am going to explain it the best way I know how, so you have to use your imagination a little bit ok, here goes.

Imagine McDonalds

You go into Mcdonalds and order a coke, you drink 1/3 of the coke, then you grab a fist full of those big fat wide straws and you start cramming them in there several at a time, pretty soon you will fill the cup up and the coke will come up through the straws. Think of a honeycomb.
Then once all the straws are packed in as tightly as possible then pour quick drying cement in the smaller holes around the straws to plug them up.

Addendum to idea: Create special piping wrap which would encase the pipe with plaster casting (this is the stuff they use on a broken arm, it's a dry wrap that they wrap around your arms or legs or whatever, then they submerge it into water, the material gets wet then the cast dries.) if they were to use this same material to wrap the pipes, then protect the wrapping with some sort of casing which could be peeled away after in place then the casting material would expand and create a seal.

Now of coarse this will have to be done with oil pipe.
Then attach hoses to each pipe and pump out the oil until it can be properly sealed. This might have to be done in numerous areas to capture all the oil. I'm also thinking this might be done with hoses they use when spraying plaster, but on a larger scale, and in reverse pumping not spraying.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by ShadowRamesses]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
A idea just popped into my head, maybe they could just start putting huge metal plates down on top of it, like you see when they are working on the streets when they are digging holes, then, cover them up when not working on them.

they would have to be massive in size and heavy enough to not be simply blown away from the oil pressure, once they dump a massive amount of plates down on top of the gusher, this will give them some backing to sort of work with, then maybe pour a mountain of cement, and I do mean a mountain of it and then go from there and see what this will do.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by ShadowRamesses]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The more I think about this the more I come up with ideas.

Imagine this : A huge metal cone, mountain shaped with a hole on top of it to control oil pressure flow.

once cone is in place cover the cone with huge amount of cement, once this is done you could get a handle on some backing to see where you could go from there.

It would be like an artificial hollow mountain made of huge metal plates, might have to be up to four inches thick, they better be scrambling to get to try multiple different ideas to try out and make work. Lets not stand around a stare at it, lets get busy and do something.

NO NUKES THIS WOULD BE HUGE MISTAKE!!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join