Surely, collectively we can all sort this mess out?
There's tons of ideas and details within ATS, but they're spread out across numerous threads and are therefore inevitably lost in obscurity.
I went several pages back and found no thread specifically about SOLUTIONS. Here is the place to chronicle them then!
Solutions are 6-fold:
1. Ideas to help stop or clean up the crisis.
2. Ways to make BP suffer the consequences so that they and their ilk learn from their mistakes of being sloppy etc. Make them FEAR the public
backlash and loss of profits! They have to suffer consequences to have any hope of them and others like them learning their lesson about being
halfarse. Children whose parents fail to teach them mistakes, or to recognize consequences are doomed to a lifetime of loserdom.
3. Ways to fix the government that facilitates these sorts of things. Response, etc.
4. Naming names of who should be run out of office etc for their role in all of this (specify solid reasons please).
5. Pinpointing the MISTAKES made so that the 'idiot geniuses' know what not to do. Apparently they need to be told.
6. Things YOU can do to not use as much oil. Policy concepts on par with Global Warming proposals will only lead to debate and will become
counter-productive at this juncture.
Please leave screaming and etc at the door. Lets keep this logical...
The best ideas (for stopping the gusher and cleaning the mess) can be submitted to the
BP Suggestions 'hotline'
, by anyone concerned. It would probably be
counter-productive to spam their 'hotline' with outcry that carries no solutions.
Please post any other good links for submitting or complaining or threatening (ethically) to help out others in letting the Establishment know that
they will be sorry for playing games with our earth and our 'civilization'.
Some Ideas I like as I wrote this thread:
1. One of my favorite ideas I've seen on ATS for fixing it is to robot weld an equal diameter pipe/valve (while open) onto the gusher pipe, and then
to simply close the valve.
2. For smearing BP I suggest factual
ostracizing. Emotionally spewing hype and falsehoods is not the best way to go. For instance, I've
pointed out BP's Brainwash Marketing to Kids
, while another member has a huge thread
chronicling BP's extremely long list of violations
3. Fixing the government. That could be a long list... but one idea I read on ATS in a different discussion was that all politicians should have to
wear logos on their suits, much like Nascar drivers, so that we know who pays them to do their dirty deeds.
4. loam has a long thread detailing "Obama's Katrina"
, but why stop with Obama?
What would be really relevant would be names of individuals or agencies that helped BP be so slack before during and after the crisis.
5. Here's an easy 'mistake': BP needs to be hung out to dry, or rather held down and drowned, for using
instead of more effective, less toxic dispersants.
6. Put together a biodiesel processor system. With the right planning, and a little luck you can build a system for less than $1000. Afterwards, you
get biofuel for about $1 per gallon that's better for your (diesel) engine.
So lets hear it all...
[edit on 25-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]