Latest 2010 information regarding Nibiru/2012 here

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Just my two cents here:

Everyone saying Nibiru or a Brown Dwarf cannot exist because of our laws of physics. However, we must remember that some of the constants that we use in our math and physics are through observations of the world around us and our Math may be derived from those numbers.

Let's say there is a Nibiru/Planet X/Whatever. If it exists, it's definitely been here for a while so thus would technically be integrated into our math constants through our observations without us actually knowing it. If it has been here, it's been affecting us ever since who knows when. It don't be affecting us the moment we call it to be real.

You also have to remember that scientists often have a habit of "rounding off" numbers because of "Significant figures"

Let's just say sometimes, all those numbers that we deem insignificant really is what we're missing.

I'm going to be honest, I believe there is something out there relatively nearby.. that we've yet to discover. However, There's nothing we can really do to prevent it if it does come here.

The best thing to do is to help people to live their lives and drive with your passions while you're here on this Earth.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

The reason we can say that Nibiru does not exist is that there is no effect from an unknown planet observable in the motions of the known planets. The known planets move as if there is no unknown gravitation force acting on the system. It could be that there is a planet out there somewhere, but it would have to be far, far away. If it were not far, far away we'd see the effect on the motions of the known planets.

It's an interesting suggestion that there might be something we do not know about. It turns out that is not correct. Quite a few different people have done studies of this type and all show that there can be no unknown planet sized objects within 70AU of the sun.

BTW, you're missing the idea on significant digits. You need to read up on that. It's off topic to describe it here.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I had the feeling you would jump on that almost flawless remark.
Perhaps that was'nt the best choice of words. Anyway, I would love to visit Giza. What do you think about the claims that the builders of the great pyramid knew about PI, PHI, and a pretty good knowledge of spherical trigonometry?(was it you that said the Egyptians knew trig?) It may not be flawless, but a HUGE effort was made to get as close as possible. How about the shafts? It seems it would be a big headache to include these in the structure.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Talk by Michael Tsarion on 2012 and the future of mankind.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Centurionx

The Egyptians invented trig to help them with surveying land after the Nile floods. They didn't measure angles, but they could lay out triangles which was the means of figuring out the land ownership. It was simpler than what we do today, but it began the interest in that area of mathematics. Could they do spherical trig? Not really. There were later improvements by the Greeks in Alexandria, but I don't think that is the time period you are referring to.

Numbers such as pi and phi can be made by construction and were not known values such as we know them today. Even today distance is measured by rolling a wheel. Every time this wheel is used to measure we are potentially entering pi into the result.
Measuring wheel

Placing the shafts in the pyramids was a headache. The builders used corbel arches to divert the force of the overlying material away from the shaft to avoid collapse.

Definitely get to Cairo and Giza and Saqqara and Karnak. It's really stupendous. It's amazing to see how simple technology can produce a structure that thousands of years later amazes us.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I got through video 1 - barely. Nothing there about 2012. A lot of baloney spouting, but no 2012 malarkey.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

See what I'm saying is that..

If the whatever thing that has been there has ALWAYS been there, it may have affected the evolution of our math as a lot of our numbers and constants are derivations from observations through experiments. If Something was out there...It didn't JUST appear... but it's been there. See what I'm saying?

So our "known math" may not deduce that something out of the ordinary is there... as it's ALWAYS been there.

And I do know what significant figures are. There is always that boundary for error when you do sigfigs. What I'm simply proposing is that what if the thing that w'ere saying may or may not exist lays slightly out of that boundary of error?

As you've said before, there were measurement errors causing scientists to believe somethign was pulling on the outer planets.

However, I simply cannot believe we can completely estimate the mass of a planet on a "Fly by"

I also have to wonder about the orbit of comets. and notion that it seems the more further out we get from our solar system, the most elliptical the orbits of the planets and anomalies seem to become.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

I see what you are saying, but that is not how math works. Sure the application of the math will use empirically derived values. That's how we get things to match up. All that is being used here is gravity. Gravity has a remarkable simple law.

If this law is used in computations we can predict the motions of the planets. The law was even used to predict an unknown entity. That was Neptune. So we certainly can use this model in a predictive way. It predicted what you called "something out of the ordinary."

In the case of significant digits you might be mixing 2 ideas. One is precision and the other is computations based on the original values. There is a limit to how well a number can be measured. The results of a computation should not report a value which appears to be more precise than the values used in the computation.

Current levels of precision make it clear that there can be no unknown planet within 70AU of the sun. That is for a small planet. A large planet such as a Jupiter sized object must be even further out.

However, I simply cannot believe we can completely estimate the mass of a planet on a "Fly by"

You should read how this is done. It is an interesting process and you should be able to understand the idea.

I also have to wonder about the orbit of comets. and notion that it seems the more further out we get from our solar system, the most elliptical the orbits of the planets and anomalies seem to become.

The planet with the highest eccentric orbit is Mercury.
Mercury - wikipedia

The orbit of Mercury has the highest eccentricity of all the Solar System planets

The planet with the lowest is Venus, which is nearly the same as the orbit of Neptune. Both have very small eccentricities.
Table of planets in the solar system

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ptenjakin
Just my two cents here:

Everyone saying Nibiru or a Brown Dwarf cannot exist because of our laws of physics. However, we must remember that some of the constants that we use in our math and physics are through observations of the world around us and our Math may be derived from those numbers.

Let's say there is a Nibiru/Planet X/Whatever. If it exists, it's definitely been here for a while so thus would technically be integrated into our math constants through our observations without us actually knowing it. If it has been here, it's been affecting us ever since who knows when. It don't be affecting us the moment we call it to be real.

You also have to remember that scientists often have a habit of "rounding off" numbers because of "Significant figures"

Let's just say sometimes, all those numbers that we deem insignificant really is what we're missing.

I'm going to be honest, I believe there is something out there relatively nearby.. that we've yet to discover. However, There's nothing we can really do to prevent it if it does come here.

The best thing to do is to help people to live their lives and drive with your passions while you're here on this Earth.

No, it wouldn't..
I'm pretty sure scientists don't include large brown dwarfs in their calculations of our solar system.
You're right to believe there's something out there relatively nearby, it may even be a brown dwarf, but it won't be here for a long long time, because it can't be within I think 320 AU of the sun? We would have noticed its effects on either the other planets or on our planet, and I'm not talking about earthquakes and volcanos, those are not signs of an impending brown dwarf. But hell, you're free to believe it's interdimensional like quite a few on this board, then it's not bound by any rules and could be here tomorow!

[edit on 30-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
A Jupiter sized object would be out 2000+AU. That is not due to gravity effects, but its reflecting sunlight. Remember that a brown dwarf is only 10 to 15% greater in diameter than Jupiter although it has a substantially larger mass.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
www.solstation.com...

The above is a list of brown dwarves out to 10 parsecs. If your destroyer star were out there it would be visible and confirmed legitimately by now. Because some of these pictures I see the Nibiru crowded touting are intrasolar.

Complete and total rubbish.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

NASA, Anglo-Australian Telescope Board and IPAC are controlled and censored by the TPTB?? Just a thought.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Do you have any proof of censorship?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Why are you obsessed with this thread and trying so hard to debunk anything and everything to do with 2012/nibiru? You are my evidence that there are powers of suppression at work stereologist, YOU are my proof.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by DrJay1975

NASA, Anglo-Australian Telescope Board and IPAC are controlled and censored by the TPTB?? Just a thought.

AH that old excuse rolled out in time of trouble when lala land is under threat from some real EVIDENCE!

Cant wait for 2013 going to be some real interesting threads when NOTHING has happened.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Why are you so obsessed with posting unsubstantiated innuendos? You are my evidence that enlightenment needs to be injected into this thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I believe.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

That was the worst video I've had to struggle through in a long time. No format, just images of impossible events strung together.

Ridiculous content:
1. Earth moon transfer of material
2. Impossible path of a fiery red object that we'd have seen decades ago
3. Impossible earth melting images
4. scenes from a bad movie
5. photo of the RADIO telescope at the south pole
6. scenes from another movie

What this video suggests quite strongly is that Nibiru is just a fictional account created for entertainment. Most of the content was movie scenes wasn't it?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE, has completed about three-fourths of its infrared survey of the entire sky.

"So far, the mission has observed more than 60,000 asteroids, most of which lie in the main belt, orbiting between Mars and Jupiter. About 11,000 of these objects are newly discovered, and about 50 of them belong to a class of near-Earth objects, which have paths that take them within about 48 million kilometers (30 million miles) of Earth's orbit."

Source: www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

That was a great post. I really appreciated reading that article.

These near earth asteroids are real and have the potential for trouble. What is interesting is that we can't detect the presence of these asteroids through gravity studies since they are far to small for us to measure their influence on the planets. Here WISE is showing just how much is up there and is really close by.

Here is another article discussing that there may be more of these near earth asteroids.
Lunar Crater Stats Indicate Hidden Population of Asteroids

WISE runs out of coolant in October. I hope things go well with the satellite till then.

Cheers

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join