It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest 2010 information regarding Nibiru/2012 here

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

no no no Ancient man is stupid and only modern man is god! They don't know what they are talking about!!

/sarcasm

Modern man also think they are gods because they know so much about space yet when new things come they seriously have the
look. kind of like how planets are spinning backwards in some parts of other solar systems.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

according to the mitochondria DNA, we are 200,000 years old. We are practically spanking new. But our records only go back what to 6000 years ago with ancient sumerians. So what happened to the other 194,000 years of mankind? How come then a global flood has been recorded with the sumerians? To say an object that causes a reset to humankind every 3600 years sounds plausible. It keeps us in check because mankind is an evil race. We are just full of corruption.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Ya were totally baffled that planets can spin in other directions than counterclockwise in other solar systems... oh wait we have one in our solar system! And a moon that orbits its planet backwards.. but we never could of thought it would happen anywhere else cause were so stupid compared to ancient people.

/sarcasm

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I applaud you iwan2ski. Thankyou for your comments.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Ancient people were smart. Realize that the level of math published in ancient Sumer was a higher standard than what is taught to most high school graduates. The Egyptians could do trig. The proofs of the Greeks were very interesting.

But each group stands on the shoulders of those before them. Knowledge is accumulated. Better theories are worked out over time. As dragnet53 points out the universe is an interesting place. Our model of planetary formation was based on studies of 1 example. Now that our technology has improved to the point where we can find and even study other planetary systems we find that the example of 1 was not a general case. That's not bad. It means that the universe is a wonderful and complicated place to study.

In some distant future there will be others that mock our contributions. There may also be those that claimed we knew more than we actually did. I believe that our understanding of the world is an incremental process of learning more and more.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretUsername

You better go back and reread the article.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This thread has peaked my curiosity.On the next clear night I'm going to take out my telescope to see what I can see.
It's not IR and nothing fancy.
IF ( a big if) I spot something and can get a photo,I'll post it here.At least it will give people a chance to scrutinize it further.

Cheers

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen truth
IF ( a big if) I spot something and can get a photo,I'll post it here.At least it will give people a chance to scrutinize it further.

yeah do 'er up, the more proof of this the better.

Also I'd like to say that I believe in Nibiru but I don't think it has any connection with 2012 and I doubt it will do anything bad, unless that really is where the Annunaki are from and they invade, now THAT would not be good at all.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well it was fun chatting with you fellow nutz! (lol) I'm on to other threads. I'll check in once in a while for anything new. Though if something new pops up I'm sure some new thread will be created and we will all migrate over there.

Keep the post civil and keep them fun! Later!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I found a compelling video of Nibiru/Nemesis & satellites recorded 5/17 from Puerto Rico...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ribaldmalarky

Wow nice find. Could it be venus or jupiter? weird it looks like it has 3 moons.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ribaldmalarky
I found a compelling video of Nibiru/Nemesis & satellites recorded 5/17 from Puerto Rico...

www.youtube.com...

Reminds me of this imgur.com...

From www.the-rabbits-hole.com

imgur.com...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

You called it Nibiru NOT the youtube poster it will be Jupiter, I cant believe he called it a star.

So YOU guys have to tell LIES about other peoples videos to keep your Nibiru myth going

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Sorry I'm almost 100% positive that is Jupiter. Loading up Stellarium going to May 11th not May 17th (he posted may 11th so doubt it was recorded the 17th) The night of May 11th at the time recorded the moon is where it was in the video. Around 5:20ish in the video it even looks like Jupiter. The moons look like lens flare.. but if there not the moons lined up like that on the night of the 11th here is a pic. And here is a snap shot from Stellarium including the moon.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
That's Jupiter. I've seen that view somany times with the moons of Jupiter lines up so wonderfully. It's a great sight and people should go out and view Jupiter just to see the moons. All it takes is a pair of 8x50 binoculars. Right now Jupiter is too close tot he sun to observe.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretUsername

Sorry I'm almost 100% positive that is Jupiter. Loading up Stellarium going to May 11th not May 17th (he posted may 11th so doubt it was recorded the 17th) The night of May 11th at the time recorded the moon is where it was in the video. Around 5:20ish in the video it even looks like Jupiter. The moons look like lens flare.. but if there not the moons lined up like that on the night of the 11th here is a pic. And here is a snap shot from Stellarium including the moon.

Good find and you can track it here too:
www.skyandtelescope.com...#

Sky & Telescope's JavaScript utility, which will open in a new browser window, shows the positions of the four Galilean satellites for any date and time from January 1900 through December 2100.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I guess it certainly could be jupiter based on that pic.

But to the liar who said the youtube video says it is of Jupiter, I think you may need to take classes in basic reading comprehension.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by ribaldmalarky]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I guess it certainly could be jupiter based on that pic.

But to the liar who said the youtube video says it is of Jupiter, I think you may need to take classes in basic reading comprehension.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by ribaldmalarky]

You called it Nibiru even the title of the video on youtube IS NOT THAT.
Did anyone say that the youtube video said it was Jupiter

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Ancient people were smart. Realize that the level of math published in ancient Sumer was a higher standard than what is taught to most high school graduates. The Egyptians could do trig. The proofs of the Greeks were very interesting.

But each group stands on the shoulders of those before them. Knowledge is accumulated. Better theories are worked out over time. As dragnet53 points out the universe is an interesting place. Our model of planetary formation was based on studies of 1 example. Now that our technology has improved to the point where we can find and even study other planetary systems we find that the example of 1 was not a general case. That's not bad. It means that the universe is a wonderful and complicated place to study.

In some distant future there will be others that mock our contributions. There may also be those that claimed we knew more than we actually did. I believe that our understanding of the world is an incremental process of learning more and more.

Well said, the universe blows my mind. I believe the ancients possessed fundamental wisdoms of the distant past, and we have forgotten who we are. Graham Hancock's 'Fingerprints of the Gods" has a chapter called 'A species with amnesia'

The great pyramid alone tells me there is more to our past then is either known, or just is'nt discussed publicly. The masonry work is almost flawless, like the Egyptians were building the perfect chamber for the perfect Pharaoh. It stands tall and mighty on the Giza plateau, laughing in the face of time.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Centurionx

I don't put any stock in Hancock's far fetched claims.

I also don't believe that the ancients had any great knowledge that has been lost. What I do believe is that they were intelligent. They invented written language. What most people do not think about is that the earliest written language was not like the form we use. Prose did not exist. The written material is lists of goods.

Have you been to the pyramids at Giza, Saqqara, Teotihuacan, or Monte Alban? The masonry work is not "almost flawless." These are magnificent structures. To suggest that they were built in a manner that cannot be duplicated or used unrepeatable methods is not true.

The ancients built structures that even today we marvel at. It shows they were intelligent and resourceful.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join