It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest 2010 information regarding Nibiru/2012 here

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwan2ski
in 2003, NEAT: a comet twice the size of jupiter rounded the sun and was only observed months before the near miss. This only shows us that even NASA and amature astronomers don't know and see everything.

A comet is a very small body with a very large cloud surrounding it; the actual mass involved is very low and that's why it doesn't affect the positions of any planets or minor planets. Nibiru, if it were real, WOULD affect the positions of planets and minor planets. You can't detect comets gravitationally, if Nibiru were real you could detect it gravitationally. However, since the planets and minor planets are where they're supposed to be we know that Nibiru doesn't exist and certainly isn't approaching the inner solar system.

If you have no usefull information on this subject, then quietly close the door behind you and let the rest of us work in peace. Thank you!

It's interesting to me to see who is trying to get those who disagree with them to stop posting.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Here's some mainstream news links to help you understand that there is a large object in our solar system that presents a grave threat to the earth - whether one wishes to call it Nibiru, Wormwood, Nemesis, etc.:

Search on for Death Star that throws out deadly comets

Nasa scientists are searching for an invisible 'Death Star' that circles the Sun, which catapults potentially catastrophic comets at the Earth.

The star, also known as Nemesis, is five times the size of Jupiter and could be to blame for the impact that wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago.

link: www.telegraph.co.uk...

Dr. Matese's homepage at University of Louisiana:

A substellar solar companion in the Oort cloud?

The following figure illustrates the scatter on the celestial sphere of outer Oort cloud comet aphelia directions in galactic coordinates. The pronounced deficiencies at the galactic equator and at the galactic poles are characteristic of the galactic interaction which is minimal at these locations. But we also note an anomalous concentration of points along a "great circle" which passes near the galactic poles. In an article in the journal Icarus, we have suggested that there is statistically significant evidence that this concentration, amounting to an excess of approximately 25%, could be caused by a companion to the Sun which aids the galactic tide in making Oort cloud comets observable. The companion is estimated to have a mass of 3-5 MJupiter and a mean distance at the interaction site of 25000 AU. If there is no substantive inner Oort cloud, a closer orbit is possible. Its location along the great circle is not presently predictable and that will present a problem for detection, but it is potentially observable in the radio using the VLA and should also be observable in the infrared at 5 microns using the next generation of space telescopes such as Spitzer and SOFIA. An object with these properties would be readily seen by WISE (Ned Wright's Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer), recently approved for a 2008 launch in NASA's Medium-class Explorer program of lower cost, highly focused, rapid-development scientific spacecraft. The estimated mass of the companion puts it below the nominal brown dwarf limit (~ 13 MJupiter ) where deuterium fusion can occur and would make it a planet in that context. However its location in the outer Oort cloud means that it is not possible that it formed in the protosolar planetary disk. The object could have been ejected from another stellar system and captured by the Sun in their complex star forming region.

link: www.ucs.louisiana.edu...

I sincerely hope that this information helps to understand that there is indeed a planet x, a nibiru, a nemesis, whatever you wish to call it, and it does threaten earth.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Karma_Chameleon

"To answer your question, if 2012 comes and goes and all is well, I will never believe in another conspiracy again........................ever."

I feel you! But, that is exactly what they are trying to do to us. The way dis-information works is by taking the truth and distorting it just enough so that when something doesn't pan out as we were mislead to believe, we'd give up and say it was all nonsense. Take Y2K for example, many were manipulated to believe it was the end of the world. Once it had passed without incident, people had a hard time believing anything else. I believe that something big is happening as we approach this 2012 date. It's like a "Quickening" of all things at once. I'm not sure if this means End of the World or just as we knew it to be.

I, like you, am keeping my eyes, ears and mind opened to the possiblities. I refuse to disreguard anything that's plausible without first doing my research on the subject.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ribaldmalarky

Here's some mainstream news links to help you understand that there is a large object in our solar system that presents a grave threat to the earth - whether one wishes to call it Nibiru, Wormwood, Nemesis, etc.:

A hypothetical object lurking out at 25,000 AUs from the sun does not fit the description of Nibiru at all.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

only exhibits of proof.

I think you are purposely misusing the word proof to be cute. There is still no evidence to support any planet sized object with 320AU of the sun.

Nibiru theoretically does not orbit within the known planets. That is why you would not find it there.

So you are saying that Nibiru's orbit never enters the orbits of the known planets.

Until recent time, planets were all bodies that exist in space

Pluto is 3% the size of the moon. That's why it is no longer considered to be a planet.

in 2003, NEAT: a comet twice the size of jupiter rounded the sun and was only observed months before the near miss.

Two huge mistakes here.
1. The comet size is not the same as the nucleus size, which was small
2. there was no near miss

Seems like you need to go back and redo the research you claim to have done.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ribaldmalarky

Thanks for bringing that post to light.

Let's get to the bottom of this matter and read what the scientists in question actually wrote.

Here is the newspaper account.
Search on for Death Star that throws out deadly comets

You do realize that Nemesis is out 25000AU. That's 1/3 of a light year away.

Nemesis is predicted to lie at a distance equal to 25,000 times that of the Earth from the Sun, or a third of a light-year.

There are 2 people named inthe article Professor John Matese and Brown from CalTech.

Here is the Matese article on which this newspaper account is written. This is the article submitted to ICARUS.
Persistent Evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in the

Oort Cloud

Anomalies in the aphelia distribution and orbital elements of Outer Oort cloud comets led to the
suggestion that ≈ 20% of these comets were made discernable due to a weak impulse from a bound Jovian
mass body (Matese et al. ( 1999)). Since that time the data base of comets has doubled. Further motivation for an updated analysis comes from the recent launch of the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE; Wright ( 2007)), which could easily detect the putative companion orbiting in the outer Oort cloud. Such an object would be incapable of creating comet “storms”. To help mitigate popular confusion with the Nemesis model (Whitmire and Jackson ( 1984), Davis et al. ( 1984)) we use the name recently suggested by Kirkpatrick and Wright (2010), Tyche, (the good sister of Nemesis) for the putative companion.

Now you finished with the following claim.

I sincerely hope that this information helps to understand that there is indeed a planet x, a nibiru, a nemesis, whatever you wish to call it, and it does threaten earth.

Whooops. You got it wrong. Matese is very clear to say this is not Nemesis.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Please someone explain how a heavenly body like a star can just casually dance through the inner solar system and not affect our climate and orbit in a globally devastating way. I mean if a new star just casually drifted towards us, past the sun, giving off enough like so that the sun doesn't block it out, then how on earth has the temperature not changed by tens of degrees? And why do we see pictures and video of this star on the daylight side of the planet, next to the sun, and then all of a sudden on the night side? Does it teleport too? Where exactly is it in the sky? What are the coordinates? Where can I point my telescope to see it?

Also I wouldn't be worried about it impacting earth. We'll all be dead LONG before that happens if there really is a second star. Is our magnetosphere even capable of fending off all the extra radiation? And what about the orbital changes in earth it will cause? We'll all either freeze to death or burn to death long before it even touches Earth. This is all providing it exists.

Oh wait I forgot, its conveniently placed in another dimension, which means it wouldn't even matter because it wouldn't affect us in the first place. Oh wait, I forgot. At the last second its going to magically transcend dimensional plains and destroy Earth. But even though its in another dimension right now, we can see it. Oh wait maybe only certain people with the ability to look through dimensions can see it? Oh wait there's a TV show about that called "Fringe". It must be the NWO sending us hidden messages about the truth for some reason. They hide the truth inside TV shows. Only people with the power to see through dimensions can read between the lines.

Reductio ad absurdum. wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
"Noun • S: (n) reductio ad absurdum, reductio ((reduction to the absurd) a disproof by showing that the consequences of the proposition are absurd; or a proof of a proposition by showing that its negation leads to a contradiction)"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

"It's interesting to me to see who is trying to get those who disagree with them to stop posting."

Please don't stop posting if you have something to contribute! Disagreeing is one thing, ridicule is another!

I welcome all debunker's ideas, however it's the same thing over and over and many of them are less informed than they know. My point is that we need a place to discuss such subjects without the ridicule. It's the manner of how you disagree that makes it civilized.

For instance, If someone shares information for the existence of this "Planet", you can politelely inform them where you "Believe" you have info that they might have over looked. Otherwise you are in the way of progress.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Two huge mistakes here.

"Two huge mistakes here."
1. The comet size is not the same as the nucleus size, which was small
2. there was no near miss

"Seems like you need to go back and redo the research you claim to have done."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are resorting to playing games by twisting my words!
1. I never mentioned the Nucleus size just the over all size, which was huge! "Twice the size of Jupiter"
2. The quote was pulled right from the news articale that stated a near miss with the Sun. I never said Earth. I thought that as you seem to know something on the Comet Neat you knew what I was talking about. But, in the end you stand corrected and still un-informed!

Funny part is that my first post was on the manner of why we come here. I did not say I was for or against this idea. I was only interjecting how people such as yourself come here only to disprove others instead of providing anything new.

If your intent was to sit on the internet all day going through threads you don't believe in or can't contribute to, then you live a hippocratical life style.

I don't know you and you don't know me. Why get so personal? I wish you well and hope you live a long happy life.

I could tell you that I'm in the military, worked on the B2 Stealth Bomber, and recently returned from Afghanistan as part of who I am and what Top Secret Info I've been entrusted. But, you or others would have no trouble trying to disprove who I am, would call me a liar and trying to get me to disprove myself. But, that wouldn't make what I said any less true and wouldn't prove the existence of Planet X, because the Top Secret info I have, has nothing to do with that subject nor any other conspiracy!

Actually I can say this on one conspiracy about the B-2 Bomber:
No, the B2 does not have anti-gravity technology or cloaking devises. And if alien technology was involved in the making of the aircraft, then that technology is common now a days and means nothing to conspiracy theories.

I only tell you this to give you an insight on who you are talking to. I may sound, as you say,"being cute". But, spending 11 years in the military working on billion dollar aircraft and dodging mortars in afghanistan is anything but cute! I've just learned to be civilized in a world filled with death and hate, because of people disrespecting others and ignorant ways of thinking!

Now, pick me apart. Twist my words. Call me a liar! Or lets have a civilized conversation about what you researched and found out and I would inform you on what I know. Even if we disagree it's still collaborating our ideas in search of the truth. I've might have overlooked something you know and vise versa.

Otherwise you are only here to make yourself feel better by trying to test what you know against others. That's being a bully and everyone would know who you are and what your agenda is!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am making certain that the posts are free of ambiguity. A large comet means very little. You use the huge as if this comet was different in some important manner. I dispute that it was anything other than a normal comet. It was not a near miss with the sun. Even if the sun were hit it would have had no effect on the sun. I never mentioned the Earth in my post. So please spare me the uninformed comment. As for statements about yourself I couldn't care less when it comes to this thread, although it certainly seems like you're leading an interesting life. I like to see that. But, please stick to the topic at hand.

For whatever reason you have worked yourself into a tizzy. Count to ten. Have a beer if you drink or a cold glass of water if you don't. If I could I serve you myself. Cheers.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by stereologist]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If such an object does exist that periodically passes through the solar system than surely there would be historical records and accounts coming from Ancient Civilizations.

Interestingly enough there are many, including mention of the passage of a celestial object.

Each of the below civilizations have similar accounts about great catastrophic events that virtually Wiped out their ancestors often repeatedly throughout history and there is evidence of these cyclic events.

Ancient Egyptians
Ancient Sumerians
Ancient Greeks
Ancient Chinese
Middle Eastern Cultures
Ancient Europe
The Mayans
The Aztecs
The Inca
The Hopi
The Cherokee
The Pawnee
The Utes
The Bella Coola and Tacullies
The Takahlis
The Ojibwas
The Wyandots
and Dogrib
The Eskimos
The Hawaiians
The Tahitians
The Andaman
The Maoris
The Natives in Menin
The Tatars

There are also many prophecies describing such events, here are some of them.

Prophecies

The King James Bible
The Hopi Prophecy
The Lady of Fatima
The Grail Message
The Mayan Prophecy
Native American Prophecy (Others)
Ramatis
Edgar Cayce
Nostradamus
Brigham Young
Veronica Lueken
Mother Shipton
Saint Hildegard of Bingen

You can read more about these Ancient Civilization accounts and Prophecies at this link comingearthchanges.phpbb3now.com...

More links
www.the-rabbits-hole.com...
www.poleshift2011.com...
yowusa.com...

Best Wishes!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

Wow. You're spamming the threads again. This is the same text posted in 2 places.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

ET MAN.....

Could you please edit your post & add some really big pictures & several videos?

Many thanks
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

Do any of these claims actually work out? No.
The events are not the same, yet you've conveniently tossed mismatched items together in the hopes that what? That no one would notice? Is that the idea?

Let's pick 2 of the groups and you tell us why they are the same. I'll pick the Cherokee and the Greeks because they are on separate continents and you tell us why you claim:

Each of the below civilizations have similar accounts about great catastrophic events that virtually Wiped out their ancestors often repeatedly throughout history and there is evidence of these cyclic events.

So why don't you tell us why your post makes sense. Can you do that for us?

I notice that your list includes a hoax which is Mother Shipton. I also notice that you include the Hopi prophecy which appears to originate from the 1960s. You mention the Mayan prophecy. Can you tell us what this is?

I did notice that this is a spam already posted in another thread. Posting across threads is frowned on.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Not sure what tizzy you speak of. Just because I write a long post doesn't mean I was upset.
I'm currently on my 2 weeks of down-time from returning from Afghanistan and since the wife and kids are working and in school, I have alot of time to waste.
I enjoy a good debate and would love to have a beer with you, while discussing our crazy theories. If you're ever in Baltimore let me know and the 1st beer is on me.

My only concern was keeping these threads civil for all of us to share ideas, for or against, without ridicule.

For the record:
I have never said I believe that Nibiru is real. I do find it a fascinating topic though. I only used Comet Neat as an example of how a huge interstellar body was missed being sighted until a few months of it coming very close to the Sun. I wasn't saying it was Nibiru, only that the arguement that if Nasa and amature astronomers haven't seen it or the idea "we would know by now" is not a good example of why it's not real.

My whole point was to say that if no one knows 100% whats true and whats not, then how can your "proof" (meaning the evidence you believe to be correct) that is used to disprove Nibiru is correct? Informing others what you heard or researched is a good thing. It's the manner in how you present your info that matters.

Most people who post info that supports Nibiru being real, hope others might be able to shed light on why it's not true by giving information they might have overlooked. Who really wants it to be true if the devastation that's attached to it is so great. People, are obviously coming here to express their thoughts because they feel like something is happening and Nibiru helps fill the gaps as a possible explanation for them.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

See that's the issue about comet NEAT, it was not huge. The coma became huge, but the nucleus itself was not huge. So I heartily dispute the claim that anything of any solid size coming into the orbits of the known planets without detection is possible. My claim is that no new planet can enter the orbits of the known planets. That has been my statement for a long time. I have made it abundantly clear that asteroids and comets are too small to be detected.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

I get what you are talking about. I have come acrossed thesse prophecies and cultures too in my research. I also find it very intriging how they seem connected. It does seem that if you insert Nibiru or a Planet X into the story it would complete the puzzle. I'm not saying this is proof, only that it does seem to full fill the prophecies quite well.

The Marian Prophecies all speak of a time of devestation in the future as a chastisment for man. Some even use terminology of another sun. A sign form the heavens. The Hopi speak of a great chastisment as well.

I've heard the Mother Shipton was a hoax, but it wasn't proven to be. Only that Richard Head admitted to making her up. But what if the visions were his and he created a pen name called Mother Shipton to avoid persecution.

Either way, very interesting stuff. Not Proof, but definitally worth looking at.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Wow. You're spamming the threads again. This is the same text posted in 2 places.

More intriguingly, it is the exact same post as Unity99's:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Hi DJW001,

More intriguingly, it is the exact same post as Unity99's:

No it's not an exact same post and if you read it carefully you will see that.

The provided list of Ancient Civilizations and Prophecies is of my own composition and Unity_99 merely used that in her post and if you review her post she provided the source-comingearthchanges.phpbb3now.com...

Best Wishes!

[edit on 26-5-2010 by ET_MAN]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The problem was that the Mother Shipton stories were written after the fact. That's why they are hoaxes. We have the events being portrayed as prophecies when they were written in hindsight. The 2012 claims to Mother Shipton were also written as prophecies of some time in the late 1800s. It is only recently that the so-called prophecies have been resurrected to mean 2012. Weird huh? It's as if people would think that no one is going to check things out.

BTW, not trying to put anyone down on this point, but a lot of people do not realize that comet's change size over time. I remember seeing Halley's comet over a 15 or 16 month period. It was stupendous to see this spot of light move across the background stars and turn into this great visible eye phenomena, and then shrink back to this wonderous spot of light in the scope as the comet traveled away from the sun.

What's interesting about NEAT was that it was discovered by NEAT, Near Earth Asteroid Tracking in August 2001. That was years before it surprised everyone with its beauty. There are really wonderful photos of the comet at the following link.
C/2001 Q4 (NEAT)
It's a splendid place we live in with all sorts of beautiful things to enjoy.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join