It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Government Pays Organization To Troll Political Chat Forums

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
I don't think there is a mass of them that work for Governments? But perhaps this article proves me wrong.

I guess that depends on your definition of 'mass'. The lavishness of $75k for but one topical genre is indicative of a potential cumulative 'mass' for ATS imo.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by circle 360

Again, the propensity of the 'adept' ATS members for singling out shills does not guarantee the shill-proofing of the casual reader or novice members.

Think of the collective and not just the intellects. That's the Illuminati's job.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

One way I have seen that some posters do that sends up flags is when they never bring anything to the table except for shooting down a topic.. I'll check their past posts and see them always in the negative and never supporting any conspiracy whatsoever, just trying to say there isn't one is all they do..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I knew those sneaky Canadians were up to something!

Seriously, I doubt the problem is limited to the Canadian government. I'm sure the US and possibly other countries have hired stooges out in full-force trying to shape opinion.

The problem is: sometimes that works.

Some people are gullible and will accept pretty much any information if it appeals to their sensibilities and seems to have come from a source well versed on the topic being discussed.

As for shills on ATS: it would be hard, if not impossible for the staff to even attempt to eliminate such influences. If I wanted to, I could make it appear as though I'm connecting from Timbuktu, and do it with relative ease. It's surprisingly hard to get rid of a determined troll permanently, even if you can verify with 100% certainty that the person is a troll.

The best thing to do if you suspect someone is a paid disinfo agent (or just your run-of-the-mill lulz seeker, for that matter) is to respond calmly, logically, and in a straight-forward manner. Trolls always eventually give up or paint themselves into a corner. Just be patient.

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Have you ever heard "the first one that smelled it is the one that dealt it?"

Just sayin'.

hehe, i get exactly what your saying here dude, and its something ive speculated on to friends and in posts here before.

too many people listen to everything jones/infowars has to say without even giving it a grain of thought!

We all know their are misinformants out their, and if you didnt its through your own naivety ...!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Excellent point and I indeed agree. I commonly 'profile' shills by viewing their profiles and screening their activity. There are numerous members who do little more than oppose theories without contributing much to the table at all. It's not that difficult to detect. At times, it can be surprising. Of course, one can only speculate and never accuse.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I doubt very much that the problem is limited to the Canadian government nor do I believe that they were the first to implement such underhand measures against the public.

The solution of course is the antithesis. I'm a HUGE advocate of adopting the enemies strategy and reciprocating it. In other words, a reciprocal shill society needs to be established whereby conspiracy theory investigators target mainstream sites to shill an alternative agenda/truth.

The sad thing is that this solution will be overlooked and I'm only kind enough to dispense my sage-like wisdom on an infrequent basis.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
too many people listen to everything jones/infowars has to say without even giving it a grain of thought!

On a scale of 1 to 10 on the shillometer, one being just plain shilly and 10 being shilltastic, how does Mr. Jones fare?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos
How much more proof do you require? Shills and dis-informants are a very real threat under the guise of trolls and the misguided. Don't think for one minute that communities such as ATS are immune from our share of manipulation.

It's a pity that ATS doesn't have the ingenuity and balls to begin profiling and removing the shills.

Obviously this has to be true, if you encounter a person that when faced with factual information, continues for ten post to criticism your topic,

Something is up.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos
reply to post by alienreality

Excellent point and I indeed agree. I commonly 'profile' shills by viewing their profiles and screening their activity. There are numerous members who do little more than oppose theories without contributing much to the table at all. It's not that difficult to detect. At times, it can be surprising. Of course, one can only speculate and never accuse.

Exactly, they have no desire to communicate, only purposely obfuscate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join