It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome or Warning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"An Arizona sheriff is calling on Mexican officials to apologize for what he says is a "threatening" advertisement. The ad shows a man wearing camouflage looking through binoculars with the words: "In Sonora we are looking for people from Arizona."

This is pretty surprising to me
. That Sonora would advertise such a thing, you'd think they would welcome our tourism.

The article later goes on to say

"We want to be very aggressive in our push, but we're not trying to scare anybody," he told FoxNews.com. "We're looking for the opposite -- we want everyone to feel very welcome here in Sonora."

Now I don't know about you guys but i'm pretty confused. A man in camouflage with binoculars thats looking out for Arizonans is welcoming?

I don't know sounds like a threat to me, what do you guys think?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Ya good luck... Anyone crazy enough to go to Mexico in this political climate and drug war should stay home and not even pay attention to whether or not the advertisment is welcoming or a threat. Bring your tourist money to my home state of Arizona...plenty of attractions here and you need not worry about your safety.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Wonder who really authored and paid for that advertisement ?

Maybe that needs some investigation ?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The ad was part of a two-part marketing campaign to promote tourism in the Mexican state of Sonora. The first part is what's usually considered a "teaser" as it is meant to catch a person's interest. The second part is considered the main focus of the campaign. It's a common marketing ploy. I sincerely doubt there was any ill intent. Just a bunch of advertising art directors and copywriters eating pastries and chugging lattes while brainstorming their next award-winning campaign.

Just wanted to add that chances are pretty high that this particular campaign was created by one of the big agencies that maintain offices world-wide. Don't be surprised if the main office happens to be U.S.-based.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by maria_stardust]

top topics

join