It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Offers Plan to Prevent War and Rescue Saddam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Russian President Vladimir Putin has stepped into the bipolar crisis over Iraq between the US-led and French-led world blocs with a dramatic proposition for averting war. In this approach, he sees eye to eye with the French, German and Chinese rulers and is eager to consult with the Schroeder on his new plan.

But first, he tried selling it to Iraqi ruler Saddam Hussein. For this mission, he fielded one of Moscow�s diplomatic heavyweights, Yevgeny Primakov. KGB chief Middle East resident in the 1970s, Soviet foreign minister and Russian prime minister under Yeltsin, Primakov is also a longtime close personal friend of the Iraqi dictator from the old days of the Soviet Union. Primakov landed in Baghdad on Saturday, February 22.

The candy for Saddam in the Russian proposal was that it could provide him with a lifebelt to save himself from being obliterated; although he would have to leave Baghdad with his family and ruling clique, he need not be pushed completely off the Iraqi political map.

Primakov was understood by our sources to have spent 10 hours on Sunday, February 23 with Saddam Hussein at his palace in Tirkit, flying home Monday, February 24, after they met for a final conversation.

Link - www.debka.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I haven't heard of that story yet . But if its' true ... I guess Russia can also wait in line behind Iraq & North Korea , and get their @ss beat too .

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It's absurd to think America or anyone can beat Russia's ass. They may lose 100 million people to do it, but they'd win any war against any nation.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I've got Sodamn Insane's "rescue" right here...7.62mm Full Metal Jacket...

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hi guys

In all the last few weeks, Hans Blix has been working his arse off to stop this place from getting fried by a nuclear blast. He has gone to Iraq countless times and everytime he comes to New York, he is met by men hiding in backwater diplomacy!!!

To put it bluntly...

IT AIN'T WORKING YOU BUNCH OF TUMSHIES!!!!

Get your butts into gear and send over some SEALs or something and bitchslap him back to the stone age!!

To stop this war, all they have to do is take care of the leaders and put in a peackeeping force to help organise the country until aid can arrive!!

I'd rather have a short quick war with minimum casulties than a full blown war with no-one surviving!!

Ps..still on drugs in hospital!

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The Russians are going to throw their weight around by taking the opposite position of anything we say.

We say "We're going to the moon" the Russians now would poo poo that.

They are like a crippled fat lady, and long for the days of the soviet Empire.

Sad thing is if this happend to the Soviet Empire, the population of Iraq instead of being about 22 million, would be about 25 million, as 3 million Russian soldiers quickly invade.

And the worse thing is, we'd be putting in 3 million of our own soldiers to stop the advance of "communism".

Finally the USSR is gone and USA can make decent decisions that benifits the world. But the world still thinks America is just taking the opposite stance of the USSR and vice versa, and is selfish.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Complety agree with you there!

Russia and France don't want to go to war because they believe that if they do..then they wont have equal control of who gets put into power when Saddam is captured!

The problem is that even without UN backup, US will still go to war, regardless of help from Russia and France.

Okay, so Spain and Britain are with the Americans on this one..but i don't really fancy going to war!

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I don't see why you don't.

Saddam kills over 300 people a week just to keep in power (actually the figure is probably more like 1000 a week, he killed 300 marsh arabs a week simply because they were marsh arabs, had nothing to do with keeping power, and that was over 12 years, 200,000 marsh arabs.)

I must profess, anyone against this war, is just acting the fool.

2000 years ago people killed eachother at the drop of the hat, civilization is justice in the law, not pacifism when people are dying.

The fact we've taken 12 years, means 2 million dead on our heads, but thank god, it really is on the UN's heads.

I think the subconcious reason the members of the UN don't want us to "liberate" Iraq, is they know letting Iraq into their fold as a new democratic nation, means they are going to have a very vocal and pissed off population to contend with. The UN screwed the Iraqi people so badly, I bet you one of the first things done by the New Iraq, is the representative is going to throw his shoe at France.

join