It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish Gasping for Air in the BP Gulf Oil Spill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

I really have nothing to say, there are no words sufficient. We are watching an extinction level event unfolding in slow motion, I'm afraid. Living here in Louisiana, I've been wondering how long before we start to see diaspora from the south.

[edit on 5/24/10 by jennybee35]

Those fish where fighting for air, you know what that says don't you. It says that much of the oxygen deeper in the ocean is depleted. I thought it was muddy water until he dipped his bucket in there and it was oil. We are #ed, truly. When this is finally over, we are going to have the entire gulf turned into a dead zone and the shores will be polluted to the point of not habitable.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What would people be saying if it was a natural fissure that opened up in the gulf, after an earthquake, pouring millions of barrels into the ocean?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Hi everyone, why doesn't BP drill several holes in the vicinity of the gusher in order to reduce / divert the pressure and to further prevent a hole errosion; once that happens the closure of the gusher would seem more managable.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
What sickens me, is that they have the technology to stop it, but they choose not too. For any of you who dont know what im talking about, consider this. The drilling machines used to drill out areas under Dulce, and Area 51, these machines drilling under the entire continent creating a network of tunnel systems connecting all the bases. AND consider the USO bases located in the oceans themselves. Both of those involve alien technology.

If the "metal box container" wasnt a big enough of a joke to tell the world that that is the extent of a "disaster plan" that BP or any oil drilling company of that size has in place- you have got to be kidding me. I have worked for MANY fortune 500 companies and they ALL have worst case scenario/disaster plans.

They could fix this, but they are allowing it to happen. The reason why has not unfolded yet, but soon we will see it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well it looks like our worthless bought off goverment is a sleep at the wheel. (BOUGHT OFF AT THE WHEEL THE TRUTH) Now the Gulf in a few more days will be gone ,the amount of leaked oil and gas now means nothing. Mother earth with the OK of GOD will exterminate humans on this earth for doing this terrible thing. Oil prices going up for you too pay for a mess that will never be fixed. Food prices and everything else will now raise and you will pay. People will die of the fumes of this oil mess and all the other poisons they have released. Most of all soon many people will starve that eat or counted on the bounty of the gulf for food. They will have to eat so food will soon be short supply from our country and other countrys that ate of our bounty will starve. And if you had all the cash for all the world 's oil it would'nt be a drop worth in the ocean of damage this has caused. I am asamhed to be an American today. God will not forgive them they knew what they were doing.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
And they will tell us to keep our gas caps tight and park in the shade. What a bunch of hypercrites.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Anyone know any details on Kevin Costeners HOPE. The 20 machines that seperate oil from water at 200 gallons a minute. If they do please post them the world needs some hope in this hopeless mess. US Gov. and BP has not heard for sure.!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

My opinion is that every consumer who buys petrol should boycott BP petrol stations until this oil spill is cleaned up. I bet that would have some effect on the speed with which it is being dealt with at present.

I believe it is being delayed by the powers that be, for a reason, which they will probably hit us with in the next couple of months, no doubt the first thing they'll hit us with is a huge hike in petrol prices. It'll be something they can use to instil more fear into the general populace by spinning some bollocks that all oil supplies are almost gone, or something like that. Somewhere, someone is benefitting from delaying the oil clean up. The question is always 'Who is benefitting from this delay in action?"

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I would also call for a BP ban just to show some symbolic 'middle finger' to them. The only one that can safe us now is a leader like JFK who really got the balls to get the real balls and responsible heads rolling. The current US administration is uncapable to rule the country; how in the world they envision a NWO - let me just laugh for an hour or so.

This ObAmA farce already went out of control and the f@cking Dick...I mean Chenay also needs to be taught a lesson of how to rule a country.
How could they possibly get away with this mess when we can be jailed for not paying a parking ticket. We have learned enough and suffered enough in the last decade; we became their puppets with no balls...but slowly we are cutting the strings that used to control our thought processes (...and the balls grew back eventually). Someone needs to pay them a lesson somehow, somewhere, sometime. God bless us all...and them too.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Maybe it is God's payback for all the depleted uranium, death and destruction America has spread around the middle east.

The cause of that was the American greed for OIL, and the butchery and mayhem around the world America is constantly using to steal it.

It would certainly be a fitting divine retribution if the whole of America were now to be permanently poisoned by that very same oil.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
What would people be saying if it was a natural fissure that opened up in the gulf, after an earthquake, pouring millions of barrels into the ocean?

I apologize in advance if this sounds rude, but what an inane question!

What do you think people would say?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by loam]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by circle 360

Either he is a quack or a money grubbing opportunist. Show me where he takes the initiative to put his machines into the water WITHOUT BP's "permission", and I'll retract any criticism I have of him.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Maybe it is God's payback for all the depleted uranium, death and destruction America has spread around the middle east.

The cause of that was the American greed for OIL, and the butchery and mayhem around the world America is constantly using to steal it.

It would certainly be a fitting divine retribution if the whole of America were now to be permanently poisoned by that very same oil.

Yes. Too bad America didn't innovate beyond the need for oil, leaving the ME to scrape a subsistence living in the dust and sand and all of the time in the world for them to kill one another over their petty religious differences.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The use of Corexit has got to stop now! You are very correct in that BP has to stop using a chemical that is much more dangerous than the oil itself.

Waterboard the BP Execs!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I apologize in advance if this sounds rude, but what an inane question!

What do you think people would say?

Nothing rude about that question.

My honest face to face opinion.

There will be one faction, that will have an awakening to the real ruthlessness of the universe we live in. The same awakening they had when people seen the comet crashing into one of our neighboring planets. Those people will just accept it as something beyond human control. They will just deal with it the best they can, and get on with their lives.

There will be one faction that will be declaring it to be a sign from god of the coming end of the world. When the seas run black. Just like they are already doing with this one.

There will be one faction that will declare that it’s a sign from mother nature that she is getting angry at us. Basically the same as the pre stated one, just take out “God” and put in “gaya” a different religion/god, same concept.

There will be a faction that states that the earthquake was caused by people pumping oil out of the ground, and that we should stop all oil recovery operations.

And there will be people that will excited at a once in a lifetime event, and will be excited to see nature in action.

You have seen many of those positions already stated on this forum/thread.

Of those groups, you will have subgroups.

One that will want us to try to plug the hole in the ocean floor, by any means necessary. However futile it may be.

One group that will want us to try to capture the oil as it comes out. (Real big dome anyone?)

One group that will want us to not touch it, because it’s an act of nature/god and we should just take our punishment.

One group that wants people to leave it alone, so they can see how the environment handles it on it’s own.

And finally, there will be a group that understands that if we don’t extract the oil under controlled conditions, it will just leave it down there, as a ticking time bomb. So the only way to make the situation safe is to pump it out of the ground fast as possible. To prevent the next big natural blowout.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Mr Tranny]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Now you want a conspiracy?

The initial reports of the flow being stopped when they first activated the BOP were correct. But the POTUS, mister O himself ordered it be opened back up.

Obama has a dilemma. If he pushes his green initiative. It will prevent anyone from harvesting the oil close to the united states. The oil will be left there as a ticking time bomb, for a big geological disturbance to release down the road.

He wants to see how good nature would handle a natural blowout situation. If nature can’t handle it. If it is even close to as bad as the people say it is. Then he will back off his green stuff, until the companies have time to remove all the oil from the geologic formations around the US, as a preemptive measure to prevent the possibility of an uncontrollable natural blowout in the future.

Mister O has probably agreed to pay them back (under the table) for any expenditures/losses. You may have show trials but no one will spend prison time.

After the “faulty” BOP is recovered. The government will say “All it will take to prevent this from happening again is, (fill in the black) and everything will be safe again.” They will officially require all companies to use (fill in the blank) and business will go on as normal.

If nature can’t handle the oil, expect to see a large increase in drilling permits to be issued after all the noise dies down. If it is real bad, you may even see him issue permits in Anwr. The last thing you would want is another Alaskan earthquake, that may cause oil to run across the valleys like rivers.

If nature can handle the oil and recovers in a year or two. Then expect to see him start pushing his green stuff hard, and cut back on drilling permits. It will be best, just to leave the oil where it is, and take a chance on a natural blowout.

Another thought. That big dome, and stinger pipe, would be ideal to try to capture oil from a natural fissure. A long dome that you could set above the crack in the ground. Or a small pipe that you can stick in the crack to try to suck it up.

It is almost like they used the situation as an opportunity to perform a practice run for the response to a natural blowout. A blowout where you have no pipe to cut off and try to attach to.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

No Words.

First the fish, then all marine plant life... while everyone is on stand-by passing around the puck.

Perhaps TPTB will finally bring in interplanetary forces to plug our gaping hole.

The opportunity seems perfect even if not orchestrated.

The plot:

Man creates a colossal disaster that threatens our own livelihood and future of all species on this planet. Unable to contain the damage, so called aliens step in to restore balance and save us from our self inflicted demise.

Humans place their trust on aliens and call for dissolution of all governments.

End Scene I.

Seems like we are ready for contact.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Sometimes these calamities are required to progress mankind urgently. Sorry to say but it is true.

You gotta add more to that.

How does polluting a major water body "progress" mankind?

In some odd way by forcing us to seek new technologies for energy or to go far out to cause a species to evacuate their home planet...I think thats what I picked up. (bp deserves a gift)

[edit on 5/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I agree with you. I saw on the news late last week that there is a guy in Louisiana (maybe it was an organization, but the news only showed one guy) who can make this polymer that makes oil stick to it, which pulls it right out of water, and turns the oil into a big ol' glob. He demonstrated this by taking a fish tank filled with water, pouring some diesel fuel into it, followed by the polymer (which is non-toxic), and pulled out the diesel which had been turned into a huge pink blob.

It was rather amazing. After seeing that, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why neither the Federal, nor state, or local governments, hadn't gotten a hold of this stuff.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
Now you want a conspiracy?

It is almost like they used the situation as an opportunity to perform a practice run for the response to a natural blowout. A blowout where you have no pipe to cut off and try to attach to.

I think that is exactly what they are doing. Have you seen the uptick in earthquakes as of late? It would only make sense that TPTB would try to practice before the SHTF in a major way. I don't think they have much time to practice though. It looks like TS will HTF very soon, less then 2 years perhaps.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join