It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish Gasping for Air in the BP Gulf Oil Spill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I saw this FOX News clip a few evenings ago and it shocked me . It struck me what I just saw could spread in a short amount of time. We are in trouble people, this is a dead serious disaster. Whatever extreme measures that are possible to cap this oil spill including blowing it shut should be placed in the highest priority. What I am referring to is 1:34 into the following video.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

I really have nothing to say, there are no words sufficient. We are watching an extinction level event unfolding in slow motion, I'm afraid. Living here in Louisiana, I've been wondering how long before we start to see diaspora from the south.

[edit on 5/24/10 by jennybee35]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sometimes these calamities are required to progress mankind urgently. Sorry to say but it is true.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Sometimes these calamities are required to progress mankind urgently. Sorry to say but it is true.

You gotta add more to that.

How does polluting a major water body "progress" mankind?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

It progresses mankind to realize his methods and believed needs have a devastating effect on earth.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have no words at a time like this. We are witnessing the death of one of the planets most fragile eco-systems..I'm absolutely disgusted.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You don't REALLY believe that BP or our government will progress because of this do you? Have we learned anything yet?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

It progresses mankind to realize his methods and believed needs have a devastating effect on earth.

Really ?

So after the 2 Nukes were used on Japan, Mankind did what ?

O yeah.

Build THOUSANDS more.

Mankind does not learn very well apparantly.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

You don't REALLY believe that BP or our government will progress because of this do you? Have we learned anything yet?

I cannot say if BP will progress from this but as humans, we will progress once the grand scope of the damage is realized.

Many people had to die in vehicle collisions to realize that seat belts and tempered glass could save many lives.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
I have no words at a time like this. We are witnessing the death of one of the planets most fragile eco-systems..I'm absolutely disgusted.

In order to appreciate any process correctly, you must see its results. You judge merely from your personal point of view, and you therefore regard those inflictions as calamities, because of the temporary injury they cause you; but such upsettings are often needed in order to make you reach more quickly a better order of things, and to effect, in a few years, what you would otherwise have taken centuries to accomplish.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Well I agree with you...

Hopefully people will re evaluate things and this can be reflected in policy.

I am glad drill baby drill and thalidomide have seen better days

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

55 days left to nuke the wellhead, after that it won't matter. Tomorrow is 54, then 53,52,51, etc.

Well?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

I'm afraid that's going to be our only answer and hopefully our savior.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
That water didn't even look oily. Thank you for posting the video, stopped watching the news for so long, I never get to see little clips like this. I am speechless.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

You shouldn't agree with me! Tell me I am full of snip!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
as an american i am ashamed of what is happening. this will affect the whole world and we caused it. this is truly depressing, i too am grasping for air.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
wow. no more oxygen in the water... that is, to say the least, disturbing!

it makes me sick to my stomach.

we should go back to hemp products.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
BP needs to be hung out to dry, or rather held down and drowned, for using Corexit instead of more effective, less toxic dispersants.
en.wikipedia.org...

They have to suffer consequences to have any hope of them and others like them learning their lesson about being halfarse and wreckfull.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

You shouldn't agree with me! Tell me I am full of snip!

You're full of snip!

Now, as to why you are full of it, I haven't a clue.

Enlighten me as to either side of the debate. Particularly, why 55 days? Is this the 90th day mark? Even if, why then?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I do not understand how this could happen,

Why would they not do a risk assessmet on such a big project?

Why would they not be prepared for a emergency ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join