It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Congressman: General Petraeus and Dick Cheney Treasonously Conspiring to Overthrow Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

'Constitutional crises' this man says.... and yet he was the one that insisted that the the original FISA bill was 'fair' and not an infringement on privacy, rights. This man is a complete hypocrite and considering his actions that caused him to resign earlier this year, I would not pass by the theory that he is distracting people.

I do believe there are a large number of conservatives would just love nothing else but to hold a coup d'état against this adminstration. We have had plenty of members on this forum in particular express their preference for such an event to happen, as for Massa's claim that this a was a plan between Cheney and Petraeus, he holds not water to the claim. While I hold a great dislike for Cheney and believed he is at large responsible to the mess this country had found itself in, I doubt he even has the energy to carry something like through, and even if he did he would not have much support. Even among conservatives there is a split as to the support behind Cheney over his actions for the last 8years (and Bush).

So yes, nothing to see here but 'talk'. Im sure we have heard plenty of other political figures make just as outrageous claims with nothing to back them up.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
You mean like the dems did during the Bush administration, by falsely declaring that military operations like "the surge" were failures,

Im sorry but the complete war in Iraq was a waste. I don't understand how or where the surge changed this fact of the matter. We spent thus far $700 billion, lost over 4000 american lives thus far, 100,000 and counting Iraqi lives and for what? Please, explain to us again what this war was for and what different the surge made to that effect.

'the surge' 'the surge', what is it about the surge that justified the war?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Your quotes come from Esquire magazine.
The headline in Politico.com is
"Petraeus shoots down Massa charge" They in fact call him a little crazy.

So are you infering that Esquire is correct and a reliable source, and Politico.com should be disregarded???

Considering the amount of times I've seen you call people out regarding their bad sources, this is a good one from you Skunk...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Thank you for following my posts so closely. Yes, I do hold Esquire and Politico in higher regard than the random extremist right-wing rabidly anti-obama hate blog. That said:

For my opinion on the veracity of Massa's statement, why don't you reread my OP.

The headline is indubitably factual.

Best,
SN

[edit on 5/25/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I did, but just pointing out for our ATS friends that you used a link to Politico but a headline from Esquire.
I think you also were selective in what part you posted, not mentioning the fact Politico pretty much called BS on the whole issue.

Which one of these sources that you think are both reliable is correct??

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

My understanding is that neither Politico nor Esquire think this is anything other than proof of Massa being bonkers (and I agree).

I only read the Politico article (which referenced the Esquire interview), and made the title for my post myself. Is it really a verbatim copy of an Esquire title, I wasn't even sure if 'treasonously' was a word, lol. I'll check now....

Best,
SN

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Interesting.. why the hell would a military General be attending a supposed economic forum .. hrmm.. did Obama attend Bilderberg before becoming President? We all know Bush's did, Clinton did and Hilary as well..

reply to post by Southern Guardian

Democracy is a Coup D'eta .. every 4 years. 2 years actually, if you count Congress.

I'd rather see a right wing government.. not a Republican government.. but a right-wing. Just like when Bush was in office Liberals wanted a left wing. Makes sense to want "your man" in office.

We spent thus far $700 billion, lost over 4000 american lives thus far, 100,000 and counting Iraqi lives and for what?

For what? .. Steal oil, bring in tax revenue from that oil, and stimulate the economy by employing tens of thousands of contractors, not to mention the contracting it's self.. It was a war of economics.. had we not gone to war in 2003, we never would have been lifted from the recession we had been in since 2001. You're right though. The war WAS a waste.. because ultimately the fighting slowed to a halt and there wasn't enough spending to stimulate the economy -- it crashed anyways. If the economy does not pick up, regardless of which camp sits in the oval office, there will be more wars.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Rynocerous7
The GOP would be wise to pick Petraeus....well actually anyone other than Sarah Palin would be much more palatable to conservative voters, outside of the neocons of course. The Sith Lord will continue to lurk behind the scenes.

Let's NOT forget Ron Paul
I think he deserves his shot
at the Oval Office and would do
this country a great service.

he is to old.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

To me it seems you just wanted to post a thread knowing that the sensational title would get you flags. Or was it just a joke???

I wouldn;t pull every ATS member up on something like this, only the ones that scream about correctness to other posts.

Quote from your source,

“Gen. Petraeus has not met with former VP Cheney to discuss a possible 2012 presidential nomination. Nor has he exchanged anything other than pleasantries with the former VP in their one or two chance encounters since VP Cheney left office,” Col. Erik O. Gunhus, Petraeus’ spokesman, wrote in an e-mail to POLITICO. “Gen. Petraeus has stated on the record numerous times that he has no interest in, nor intention of, running for political office.”

Read more: www.politico.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
*Yawn* You know I heard that Davros was plotting with The Sun to overthrow the Pope and install a Dalek with a particularly large hat and bring back sun-worship.

Come on, without any proof who cares? This thankfully former United States congressman is out of his mind and really has only accomplished adding a great cherry to his banana-split of insanity that he's offered the American people to eat.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
why over throw obama when you could just run against him in 2012. he is burning his chances at reelection as is so why risk something like that that would only make him a hero once it inevitably fails

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Totally agree. I just wonder why the OP gets a star for every post even when admitting he is misleading, lol.

Strange world we live in..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Who cares about stupid stars and flags? What do they get you?

Yes, Petreus denied the allegations. If there was validity to the story, would that be any different?

A recent congressman (destroyed by the mediaverse) says he was informed by four generals that Cheney and Petreus are planning to bring down Obama by throwing the war. That isn't appropriate conversational fodder for ATS??? OK, how about this: purple unicorn says obama actually born in narnia. Now there's one that will get stars and flags and indignation when questioned.....

Best,
SN

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

True and you may have actual sources for the purple unicorn instaed of hearsay.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Totally agree. I just wonder why the OP gets a star for every post even when admitting he is misleading, lol.

Strange world we live in..

Dude, why are you so jealous and hung-up about my stars and flags??? It's a weird thing about which to be so transparently envious.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

LOL, and you're a shrink?
10 minutes with me and you would know its not jealousy.
Maybe you should not start such BS threads.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

True and you may have actual sources for the purple unicorn instaed of hearsay.

I have reputable sources. This story is in Esquire and Politico.

My headline states absolute 100% reality. It is not sensationalist. You are conflating this with something like '100% PROOF OBAMA IS A VAMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Best,
SN

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

LOL, and you're a shrink?
10 minutes with me and you would know its not jealousy.
Maybe you should not start such BS threads.

Well maybe so, however I'm judging by my interactions w/ you here on ATS. This is not the first thread in which you have brought up stars and flags.

Best,
SN

P.S. And to answer your question in a previous thread, 'psychologist-king' is a play on Plato's 'philosopher-kings' from The Republic

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

True because I see a pattern with some posters.
But you being the Psychologist must know that because I think something is not right does not mean I am envious or jealous.

I could think of thousands of other things to be jealous about other than stars....

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I updated the OP to include references and a link to the esquire article:

www.esquire.com...

From a psychological perspective, I'd say it's pretty interesting. You should read it if you want. I'd say Massa really feels that he has knowledge that confirms the title of this post.

Best,
SN

<< 1    3  4 >>

join