It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Congressman: General Petraeus and Dick Cheney Treasonously Conspiring to Overthrow Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hmm, so supposedly the General in charge of the Af/Pak and Iraq missions is collaborating w/ Darth Vader Cheney to overthrow Obama in a modern US style coup. A lynch-pin of this conspiracy theory is that purposeful failure of the war effort is part of the plan.

Nonetheless, Esquire reports in its forthcoming edition that Massa told the magazine "Gentlemen, what we have here is a constitutional crisis … If what I've been told is true — and I believe it is — General David Petraeus, a commander with soldiers deployed in two theaters of war, has had multiple meetings with Dick Cheney, the former vice-president of the United States, to discuss Petraeus's candidacy for the Republican nomination for the presidency [in 2012]. And in fact, that's more than a constitutional crisis. That's treason.” Read more: www.politico.com...

Here is the article referenced by Politico from Esquire. It is actually a very interesting look at Massa, a man under siege, mostly, it would seem, at his own hands. Clearly Massa seems narcissistic and histrionic, however I would guess that he does believe his claim about Cheney and Petreaus conspiring to bring down Obama:

Eric Massa's Secret

To me it sounds like more crazy fun from the former Congressional Democrat (you know, the guy who brought 'snorkling' to our vernacular, thank you very much). Not much chance this is anything but proof of more than a couple loose marbles in Massa's head, but like I said, he does seem to honestly believe the conspiracy is real.

That said, Petraeus seems like the rare person I could imagine being a real challenger to Obama on the GOP ticket. However, it sounds like the general unequivocally stated he is uninterested in becoming a politician. Looks like Romney is still on-track for his dream spot as the head of the GOP ticket....

Best,
SN

[edit on 5/25/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Eric Massa is an idiot.

He just wants another 15 mins of fame now that the world has stopped caring he's a closet homosexual thrown out of office.

I highly doubt the the guy hand picked to be Commander of Armed Forces for the War On Terror is going to overthrow Obama.

Even then, why would Dick Cheny encourage this? He doesn't have any more political power that I know of.

Patreus would be a real challenge to Obama for presidency I agree, but he'd have to resign first and pass the torch.

Can't run for President and run a war at the same time.

~Keeper

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yeah, I agree. Also, as much as Patreaus seems like the perfect candidate, military men don't always make the best candidates. I kinda liked the idea of General Clark challenging Bush in '04, but that didn't really catch fire either.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

I don't get it? .. Cheney meeting with the General discussing his running in 2012.... is conspiring to "over throw" Obama?

How so?

Personally, I don't see him running at all.. last election they had a perfect opportunity to get a military man and they chose McCain instead.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Because the plan involves handicapping the wars in order to befoul Obama. Sorta like the deal Reagan made to have the Iranian held hostages held captive long enough to make Carter look awful.

Can you elaborate on the GOP picking McCain INSTEAD of a military man. To whom are you referring?

Best,
SN

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The GOP would be wise to pick Petraeus....well actually anyone other than Sarah Palin would be much more palatable to conservative voters, outside of the neocons of course. The Sith Lord will continue to lurk behind the scenes.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Sounds like Cheney wants to create a military dictatorship and make himself head of the SS like Heinrich Himmler to carry out the Rex 84 plan. The news is getting too spooky for me. I pray to all of the gods in the world I am wrong, but my grandmother is insistent on the fact the gestapo will soon be beating down our doors!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by belidged

Sounds like Cheney wants to create a military dictatorship and make himself head of the SS like Heinrich Himmler to carry out the Rex 84 plan.

You have quite the imagination.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Maybe Massa reads ATS...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, one of the talking head cable news shows outright asked Petraeus about his 2012 intentions, to the best of my recollection, his answer was vague-ish.

ETA: Petraeus In 2012? Speculation In Washington That General Will Run

Army General Keeps Speculation Alive

Where's Karl Rove? What's he working on these days?

[edit on 24/5/2010 by kosmicjack]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You have quite the imagination.

In serious situations I try not to be imaginative, I just try to put myself in the other persons shoes.

With Cheney having received contracts for ICE facilities for the past 10 years I'm sure he wants to put them to good use.

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rynocerous7
The GOP would be wise to pick Petraeus....well actually anyone other than Sarah Palin would be much more palatable to conservative voters, outside of the neocons of course. The Sith Lord will continue to lurk behind the scenes.

Let's NOT forget Ron Paul
I think he deserves his shot
at the Oval Office and would do
this country a great service.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I should have made myself more clear. When I said conservative voters I meant mainstream Beck/Hannity loving conservatives. I'm a fiscally conservative independent and Ron Paul would have my vote without hesitation, anyone being pushed by the MSM as a candidate sets off my BS censor.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well Obama could solve that by closing these retarded wars once and for all.

And Dick could help by having a catastrophic heart attack while he bones Satan
later on tonight.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Well Obama could solve that by closing these retarded wars once and for all.

later on tonight.

Yeah, then South Park could update Satan's relationship from Saddam to Cheney. That would be a great episode, Saddam and Cheney could surely use the chance to catch-up as they have so many friends in common:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4531e602c524.jpg[/atsimg]

Best,
SN

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
later on tonight.

Now that's funny! Don't forget to add the Emperor from Star Wars into the mix. On a more serious note Cheney will try and throw his evil influence wherever he can. Unfortunately we will feel the affects of his life long after he is gone.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Ahhh I get it.. I was under the impression it was just discussing running for President. As far as I know, the military is already sending the troop to Iraq to begin the withdraw of troops (which was something Obama promised) by the end of the year into the beginning of 2011.

And I don't remember the name of the General that some Repubs wanted to run .. he was a moderate, think his name was Tom something. He didn't have a very good relationship with the Bush/Chenny doctrine though.

Ultimately though, it's up to Obama as Commander in Chief to end the wars, regardless of what a renegade general does (assuming the story is true, which I don't think it is. The USA as a whole had a vested interest like in Vietnam, of prolonging the war as long as possible)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing that Obama haters sit around complaining, bitching and moaning about someone they don't like is in the White House. The guy was elected. Get over it and wait your turn, Republicans!!!!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by belidged

Sounds like Cheney wants to create a military dictatorship and make himself head of the SS like Heinrich Himmler to carry out the Rex 84 plan. The news is getting too spooky for me. I pray to all of the gods in the world I am wrong, but my grandmother is insistent on the fact the gestapo will soon be beating down our doors!

Can you imagine if Cheney was president? I wonder how many crimes against humanity that old dinosaur would commit. He'd make W. look like a saint...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
ive got you beat, i called this almost a year ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Bilderburger Petraeus in 2012

Im making the prediction and im gonna say that because of the coming planned economic collapse and more than likely domestic uprising here in the united states that general david patraeus, who attended this years bilderberg meeting, will be our next president in 2012.. obama will not be re-elected because by then our country will be torn apart and who better to hold it together in a totolitarian regime than a succesful military man like patraeus. any takers?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
reply to post by Rockpuck

Because the plan involves handicapping the wars in order to befoul Obama. Sorta like the deal Reagan made to have the Iranian held hostages held captive long enough to make Carter look awful.

You mean like the dems did during the Bush administration, by falsely declaring that military operations like "the surge" were failures, and by so doing giving help and comfort to the enemy like senator kerry did. Or by repeatedly introducing legislation to re-instate the draft in order to create dissent like dem congressman Rangel did?

IF a general was truly involved in losing a war to make a president look bad, that would be treason IMO. However, meeting with someone to look at his political options after retiring from the military is squeaky clean IMO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join