It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea puts military on combat readiness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
IMHO, If China supported or backed North Korea in an all-out attack on South Korea, it would be cutting-off its nose to spite its face.

China has far more to gain by staying on the side lines in any Korean conflict. It has trade with S. Korea, Japan and the US. It would no doubt pick-up a lot of trade/reconstruction in a devastated North Korea.

China's only concern would possibly be a refugee crisis across its border.

If a conflict did happen, I would not be surprised to see Chinese troops making a bid to annexe a part of North Korea to secure its Chinese/Korean border.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
oh Jesus.

What can anyone on this forum actually say about the NK or their capabilities!

The only thing we know for sure is what capabilities we have. And we like to think that our capabilities are a lot better than NK.

If our capability is sufficient will only be proven if a war does break out and we gain grounds without significant casualties compared to NK.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Talon

We'll see. If S. Korea goes to the UN security council it will put China on the spot. So far they have been relatively removed from the whole process, calling the events "unfortunate" and not backing the claims of North or South Korea. If sanctions or other action comes up in the security council any time soon we'll see where China's interests lie. We'll see how committed they are to Pyongyang. How will they balance a war in their backyard against several of their biggest trading markets (S. Korea and the United States) and an on again off again ally (N. Korea) if it comes to that?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
The North Koreans have the right to defend themselves! Obama needs to be impeached. This is like the Gulf of Tonkin, cannot repeat the same mistake.

What in the name of anything (insert deity here) does Obama have to do with North Korea and South Korea and a conflict that was ended in an armistice about ten years before Obama was a gleam in someone's eye.. (actually it's al ittle less then ten years but I digress) It's nothing that they could ever think of impeaching him over.

And how is NK defending themselves by shooting SK's ships and sinking them? No... this isn't simple defense of the nation, this is breaking an agreement made to end a war and posturing to get ready to what? Probably invade Seoul and do what they wanted to the first time around..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I think it must be dawning on Kim that it's now or never for NK.
A few hundred thousand infiltrator/assassination troops inserted into SK.
All the chiefs decapitated at zero hour, communication lines destroyed.
NK troops roll over border, 50,000 US troops taken prisoner and held as hostages, SK surrenders, job done.
Taliban and other groups communicating with Kim will be informed of zero hour and will perform simultaneous assaults all over the world to stretch US logistics.
China may decide to annex Taiwan.
Major conflict may begin between Kim Korea and Japan.
US may threaten China with war.
China may topple Kim dynasty.
Korea will be unified either by war or a coup.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The North Koreans have the right to defend themselves! Obama needs to be impeached. This is like the Gulf of Tonkin, cannot repeat the same mistake.

ATS, where the bad guys are the victims and the victims are the bad guys!

One second, let me prepare for the rest of this thread....

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Rowsdowerr]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

cannot repeat the same mistake.

Maybe you can't, But can we?
Oh yes we can!!!
Seriously though NK is always like HA! Then SK is like HAHA!
Then they go eat rice and fisheads or summatin.
I don't think this will escalate into anything.
(edit)
Something about Gulf Oil and Tonka Trucks.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by g146541]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
We have to entertain the possibility that Kim is considering this his grand sendoff to the other side of mortality. He's dying, he knows this. Nobody in that organisation can command a cult of personality like Kim Jong Il, so maybe he's just said 'to hell with it let's start a fight.'

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think a lot of you under estimate kim jong and NK. they had roughly 1 million troops in 2001, and im sure they have better hardware then you think they do. Also kim jong il is a mad man and like people said, hes nearing the end of his life so I wouldnt put it past him to do something crazy and start launching nukes, because he doesnt really care about any of the citizens in that country.

I dont think china will back them up though, we owe them too much money for it to be worth it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
WW3 anyone? But seriously, a war with North Korea wouldn't last too long with all are our ally forces surrounding them. China, Japan, South Korea, and more I'm sure

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
When it became clear to Hitler that he had lost the war, during the last days of Berlin, he felt that the German people had failed him, and deserved to die. This is typical of a criminally insane sociopath who sees everything in terms of himself, and who could care less about the well-being of his people. Kim Jong-Ill fits that profile perfectly.

I suspect that he fears that when he dies his nincompoop son will be ousted by a coup organized by disgruntled generals and a very miserable populace, and that his dynasty will come to an end. So like a caged animal, he is starting to lash out. He is very, very dangerous, and not to be underestimated.

Yes, it would be insane for NK to nuke SK. But we are dealing with a criminally insane leader, and virtually anything is possible.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

If anything, Kim would want to see a reunified Korea under his banner before he kicks off. And yes, his son is an idiot.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

i dont mean to attack you but why defend people who do nothing but threaten the world time and again? the North Koreans do not contribute anything to the world but at the same time consume so much aid packages. atleast america contributes to the world. a lot of world changing scientific exploits take place in america.... the only place in the world right now that can house some of them. i would even support china to an extent as they too contribute to the world. people call america a disease but the real disease are those who wish not to make any real contributions. IMHO (and this is very opinionated) i think of North Korea as that neighbor who lives on welfare, deal drugs, and doesn't want to get a real job because why should they.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dontblink

I am not so sure about that. It is hard to read the mind of someone who is criminally insane. Such individuals have an ego that it out of control, and the only thing they really crave is recognition as some kind of "great" person. Kim may be satisified at being "infamously great" by unleashing his nukes and securing his place in history. The question is whether or not his generals will go along with this certain destruction of the entire nation. He has already purged anyone who might counter his authority (Stalin did the same thing), but there may be some hope that an internal revolt might happen before he pulls the trigger. I am not saying that a nuclear exchange is a sure thing--but anything is possible when you are dealing with a nut case who has nukes.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedarklingthrush
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You're taking him too lightly. If North Korea pulled an all out invasion the South would be devastated.

Yes our equipment is much better, but its all tied up in other areas ATM.

If the North pulled a full ground invasion our troops would probably just evacuate. There's no way the South could stop the 1.4 million strong North Korean army.

You're right the US army would be over run in minutes by a stampede of 1.4 million starving people running like hell to get away from NK.

SK's best move now would be to get some extra staff in immigration fast, cause their population is about to swell by 1.4 million people

Korg.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT.

The american people are sick of wars as it is, there is no way the american populace would NOT riot if they decided to enact the draft for a cause that most Americans do not believe in.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I find it disgusting that some people like Kim are still alive. What good is he to the world or his people? He's like a Goa'uld - arrogant, self-centric, with the need for world domination. Why there has to be war? Why can't there be peace - everywhere and always? Why can't the world be united and in love with each other? Kim is like a tick, he won't let go of his terorristic dictatorship until he bleeds on his knees. Even if they captured him, I'm sure he would blow him self up suddenly just to be happy in his crazy head. People need to be free, safe, equal. Human beings are not some garbage. If this wacko pushes the button and let's the nukes fly and go boom - there's no turning back, globally. I hope it doesn't happen, but there are moments like this when I am ashamed to be a human and ask myself - "Is this really neccessary?". If s*** hits the fan, in the end it will be up to the Galactic Federation of Light to stop us from destroying ourselfs, because that cannot and won't happen. But that's the worst case scenario. Anyhow, I hope for the best at all fronts. This world madness needs to end, it's just wrong.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
USA: "Hey Kim! calm down we give you some rice and money"
N Korea: "O reary?"
S Korea: "wut?"
USA: "ya rlly"
S Korea: "Don't beray rus!"
N Korea: "Rokay i rove you guys"
USA: "Good..good.."

*N Korea accepts..America then nukes N Korea*

the end.

Until i see or hear about a tank battle or troop incursions this is nothing but hot air.

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by marsvoltafan74
WW3 anyone? But seriously, a war with North Korea wouldn't last too long with all are our ally forces surrounding them. China, Japan, South Korea, and more I'm sure

Is it possible that NK has the Oniks missile or some sort of variant of it? If it does then the huge nuclear complex in SK could be in danger as it could be a target. If the Oniks missile is dropped from the air it can't be reliably stopped, especially fired in salvos.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
the daily living situation in NK is precarious; people are broke, starving and even confidence in the government is beging to falter. more dissedents being killed (or more reported anyway)

is not possible this whole "attack/ war" on SK is an attempt to mask the true goings on to the people of NK. what better way to make people forget they are hungry and desperate than to plunge them into a war (real or fake) with their neighbour.

if people think war is about to break out any minute then will they really be that bothered about complaining about their hunger or poverty??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join