It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Has Been called Into Middle Tennessee

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
A fungus issue like this has come up in the upper NW part of the US as
well and here is conformation of it.

Hypervirulent tropical fungus spreads in NW USA

So far a small number of ppl have died, but as it spreads that will
likely go up.

according to that article u posted it says

No one knows how the species got to North America or how
the fungus can thrive in a temperate region, experts say.

in response to that statement I present this theory.

the Navy wants to take over the two training areas currently
used by the Oregon Air National Guard. This includes the entire
coastal air space and coastal waters of Oregon.

www.salem-news.com...

But a number of local scientists and environmental groups
say the Navy shouldn't go forward until it completes a more
comprehensive report on environmental impacts

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

So how did this fungus in the NW USA get here??
And how did this new strand of MSRA get into Middle TN.

I bet the US Navy knows
and they aren't talking

I wouldn't be surprised
if this was intentional

and let's not forget the radiation leaks
into the water supply in NJ.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

and let's not forget the large oil spill explosion.

And let's not forget the tanking of the economy
and the Wall Street market fall outs.

I believe America is under attack.

Attacking the people with fungus and viruses.
Poisoning our drinking water.
Destroying our eco system.
Bankrupting us into oblivion.

The question is ....
attacked from WHOM ????

this has to be internal
as Al Queda doesn't have the
resources to pull this off.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Wild oregano oil will kill MRSA on the spot. I've read stories online, and a fellow member had a spot on his nose some time back. I mentioned the oregano oil. He tried it and reported back two days later saying it was nearly gone! Not kidding. Apparently, it worked that fast! I use oregano oil for many things. 1 drop makes an excellent mouthwash.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Our family has always used honey on serious burns. The healing is rapid with no scarring. Thank you for this tip about Manuka honey. It sounds much better than regular honey.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jdawg9909

I was diagnosed with MRSA about two years ago. Went to the hopsital with what looked like a spider bite and them who whole left forearm swelled up. It comes back from time to time now but I put manuka honey on the boils when they start to form and they always go away now. If I dont treat them they will fill up with puss and become painful.

My home gets regular visits from white-tail spiders and they seem to have an affinity for me. Their bites can take years to heal, as they form holes which mend at the top and then decay into jelly again, and then you have to start over.

Manuka honey and Jellybush honey, (the Australian version, and even stronger,) are the best treatments I know.

This MRSA is not a joke and it is spreading like wildfire. It would not suprise me if this thing was manmade to sell antibiotics. The spontaneous appearence of it leads to me to think so.

We can't assume that anything is natural these days.

I almost died from the stuff and am now having better success with natural remedies and will continue to go this route. One thing I have been experiencing the past few days is mild dizziness and I cant seem to kick it, so hopefully when I start the monolaurin and hydrogen peroxide treatments tomarrow i will permanently get this stuff out of my blood stream.

I deeply wish you well.

You might like to try a few drops of pure tea-tree oil in hot water with milk, good honey and nutmeg at night. I've been finding that helpful. Thursday Plantation tea-tree oil is the best I know.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dixie70

I see, thanks for the info Dixie.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

If it was anything VERY serious you would already be under investigation. If it was anything VERY VERY serious, you or anyone else wouldnt be able to warn, inform, or otherwise "tattle" on anyone. Im calling BS on this one.

Nice try though.

Lookeey, lookeey the sky is falling.

BTW I nearly died from an infection of some sort that I recieved as a gift from lady Katrina, I had an IV solution (delodn, not sure the spelling) but I do know it was top-shelf pain meds, pain remained, and the scar still hurts, yrs later.(they called it staph, accompanied by a high grade fever) And everytime somebody mentions this kind of crap its literally a pain in my a#$. (the 2" long by over an inch deep scar on my upper left buttock throbs as we speak)...

Whatever

[edit on 26-5-2010 by psyko45]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I did a few clinical rotations in Nashville, TN. My time there I used to see several cases MRSA. I don't find this hard to believe at all, many of the patients that are prescribed antibiotics do not use the entire course and resistance develops. Some these patients readily admitted to selling their antibiotic prescriptions, it is pretty sad. Resistance can not be combated if patients do not comply to the full course.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
MRSA is definitely very contagious. Nearly half the world's population is a carrier of this bacteria without even knowing it. However, most people do not develop any kind of infection unless their skin is irritated by something.

A friend of mine from New York recently went on a diving trip and was stung by a jelly fish. Not thinking much of it, she didn't take it seriously when the 2 spots where she was stung (on her abdomen) started to develop into boils.

Within a couple days of getting back to the states, she was in the hospital having surgery to drain fluid from the abscesses (which had grown to 4 by 6 inches!) and was put on some powerful antibiotics. If she had waited another day or two, these could have been life threatening.

After putting the pieces together, the doctors realized she had become a MRSA carrier a few months before when her daughter, who lives in the UK, had contracted it and passed it on to her mom while visiting her in New York. The jelly fish stings were enough of an irritation to set the ball rolling and the bacteria spread like wildfire very rapidly.

MSRA, and all staph infections, are not something to play around with.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

great post. we all are trying to understand what's happening around us. Some are more into conspiracies than others. Let keep with the facts. Thanks for keeping us informed.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Methicillin was only used in labs (and it really isn't anymore) because of side effects and its chemical instability. If no bacteria were resistant to it, then it would still be used as a drug of last resort, such as vancomycin. But it isn't. Further, MRSA isn't limited to methicillin resistance, it's just a generic term used to illustrate resistance to the penicillin family of antibiotics. It's bad because it's immune to a variety of treatment options.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There are different types of MRSA. My mother has a staph resistant MRSA that attacks the lungs and organs. She has been fighting it off and on for 10 years. Hers NEVER goes away. It is just dormant for periods of time. One of my daughters has MRSA in her blood stream. Contacted it from a brown recluse bite. This type of MRSA is PAINFUL!!! She and my mother are both allergic to the one known drug that can control MRSA. When my daughter went septic they had to give her benedryl and steroids to allow her to take the meds in IV form. She will forever have it in her blood stream and something as simple as a cut can cause the MRSA to go active. By the way we use to live in middle TN ( about 30 min from Nashville). My daughter still lives there and my mother lives in TN too..... I will be very interested to see what comes of this info on the CDC

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr

Grats on getting your friend fired. If the story is even legit.
P.S. - Please don't be my friend

Oh, good God! My friend is not going to get fired. I was making a statement to prove a point that in the event I was investigated I have nothing to hide. Get over yourself.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Excuse me, but you said...

Originally posted by Melissa101

Originally posted by Marrr

The person that informed me of this is on the hospital staff and has been warned that because of HIPPA they will lose their job for exposing the issue. The local hospital is trying to keep it under wraps until the CDC directs them of when, if or how to disclose.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Marrr]

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Multistate E. Coli O145 Outbreak Confirmed in Southern U.S.
At least 11 ill, 1 dead

www.foodsafetynews.com...

The E. coli O145 outbreak that killed a 21-month-old girl in New Orleans on May 31 is connected to at least 11 illnesses across the southern United States, multiple state health departments confirmed with Food Safety News today.

The Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee state health departments say they are working with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to investigate the outbreak. The CDC has not yet released any other information related to the investigation, but a spokeswoman said states are in various stages of investigation while CDC plays a supportive organizing role.

So far, health officials do not know the source of the contamination, but many say the contamination vehicle is likely food. Food Safety News does not know if any other states may be involved in the investigation.

"At this time, we continue to interview new cases as we are notified of them," a Georgia health department spokeswoman wrote in an email. "We have detected no food items or environmental exposures that are statistically associated with illness at this time. This investigation is ongoing."

The confirmed cases are spread across the following states:

Georgia (5 illnesses), Louisiana (2 ill and 1 dead), Alabama (2 illnesses) and Florida (1 illness).

Officials in Alabama and Florida confirmed with Food Safety News that the pulse-field gel electrophoresis patterns -- the E. coli's DNA 'fingerprint' -- matched between the E. coli O145 clusters.

Additionally, a spokesman for the Tennessee Department of Health said that one Tennessee man had suffered an E. coli O145 infection around May 1, but he could not confirm if that infection was related to the outbreak in other states.

The confirmed outbreak illnesses appear to have first began in mid-April to early May.

As of June 4, E. coli O145 is one of the 'Big Six' E. coli strains now considered an adulterant in ground beef and non-intact beef products by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Mod Edit/See Link: Posting work written by others
edit on 6/8/2012 by kosmicjack because: fixed tags

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join