It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Has Been called Into Middle Tennessee

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by Havick007

Are you crazy! MRSA is highly contagious and passes very quickly from person to person. Your link said nothing about it not being contagious.

Just so you guys know Methicilin is a type of antibiotic that is used only in a lab setting specifically for the reason that other bacteria cannot develop a resistance to it. This is why MRSA is a big deal, because it is resistant to an antibiotic that no bacteria should be resistant to. Bacteria can develop immunities to antiobiotics if they are treated and the bacteria is not completely wiped out of the system. The bacteria that has been treated but not killed will produce a generation of bacteria that is resistant to the drug it was treated with. This is why doctors say to finish your antibiotic regimin and why antibiotics are available by prescription only. Without monitoring by an MD bacterial infections would develop immunities like crazy and we would not be able to treat them.

Anyway, unless a large scale quarantine, such as an entire town, is in effect I'm sure its nothing to be concerned about. MRSA outbreaks happen and can and will be treated. Its possible the hospital just ran into a bacteria that has developed a new immunity that has not been cataloged.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 933K5T4R
reply to post by Retseh

ha ha ha....maybe she was just regurgitating info, if thats the case pretty poor if this was just a copy paste job, congrats for catching that...i guess its hard for some people to have original ideas

OK! You can not have your cake and eat it too... How many times has somebody posted original material and right away everyone is demanding a source, but then if you do copy something from another location to bring it to peoples attention you get the old "cut and paste" crowd griping about about not being original material? Come on guys, we cant have it both ways.

OP please keep us abreast of any further developments.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
This is also appearing on Godlikeproductions as well.

ALERT PEOPLE: CDC IS RUSHING INTOTENN

But I have not heard anything. But if the CDC is called in their has to be a larger all around reason. MRSA is known to spread to person to person quite easily. It is a very serious form of STAPH. But the pain medicine not working is confusing me. Usually pain medicine would greatly reduce the pain of MRSA; however, in more serious and advanced cases the MRSA is so far along that the medicine no longer helps. If these children have MRSA or developed MRSA today or yesterday the pain should be able to be controlled quite easily. But then again we have to take into account the amount that can be pumped into the child. If the doctors were to do anything a combination of Augmentin & Bactrim would easily fix this up rather quickly. They are weak seperate when trying to fix MRSA, but combined they are a force together. I am honestly not sure this is 100% accurate; maybe your friend got the details wrong? I'm not sure, but we will certainly see.

And as stated earlier that an Ecoli outbreak was really recent. VERY recent like 3 days ago:

The latest case count is 26 confirmed and 7 probable cases related to this outbreak from MI, NY, OH, PA, and TN.

Local and state public health officials in Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee are investigating human illnesses caused by Escherichia coli (E. coli) O145. CDC is supporting these investigations and facilitating regular communication and information sharing between the states and with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

As of May 20, 2010, a total of 26 confirmed and 7 probable cases related to this outbreak have been reported from 5 states since March 1, 2010. The number of ill persons identified in each state with this strain is: MI (11 confirmed and 2 probable), NY (5 confirmed and 2 probable), OH (8 confirmed and 3 probable), PA (1 confirmed), and TN (1 confirmed). The reported cases in Tennessee and Pennsylvania do not reflect expansion of the outbreak but retrospective identification of cases using the PulseNet system – these cases are part of the original cluster due to the original implicated lot of lettuce from March.

Among the 30 patients with available information, 12 (40%) were hospitalized. Three patients have developed a type of kidney failure known as hemolytic uremic syndrome, or HUS. No deaths have been reported.
CDC Reports

[edit on May 24th 2010 by TheMythLives]

if you read the glp post and the Op's post here there almost 100% the same person posting it.
the one on glp is from canada..makes me wonder where the op is from..
smells to me like someone is spreading fear and getting a kick out of people squirming.
see look...

The op said...
Hello all or ya'll. I just received a phone call and was given some disturbing news that I thought is worth sharing. I do believe this information is credible otherwise I would not post. Someone that works at a local hospital informed me that there are several children in ICU that have a form of MRSA, it is 100% antibiotic resistant, the children are in pain and the pain medicine is not helping. The CDC has been called in. I do not have any source at this time because I was told in confidence. The person that informed me of this is on the hospital staff and has been warned that because of HIPPA they will lose their job for exposing the issue. The local hospital is trying to keep it under wraps until the CDC directs them of when, if or how to disclose. I was told that I would be kept updated and I will share any further information as I receive it. Thanks and keep safe. Melissa101

the op in glp thats in canada said..
I just received a phone call and was given some disturbing news that I thought is worth sharing. I do believe this information is credible otherwise I would not post. Someone that works at a local hospital informed me that there are several children in ICU that have a form of MRSA, it is 100% antibiotic resistant, the children are in pain and the pain medicine is not helping. The CDC has been called in. I do not have any source at this time because I was told in confidence. The person that informed me of this is on the hospital staff and has been warned that because of HIPPA they will lose their job for exposing the issue. The local hospital is trying to keep it under wraps until the CDC directs them of when, if or how to disclose. I was told that I would be kept updated and I will share any further information as I receive it.

why would a person in canada be having someone tell and worry them even if they was told this?
the truth is it's the classic spread enough bs with no proof people get spooked.

my money is they are both the same exact person...

don't sweat the petty stuff & don't pet the sweaty stuff...and learn to smell a bs story from a mile away folk's...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by TheAmused]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I think you are right.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It is disheartening when folks don't take the time to read previous posts on a thread before they make accusations:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why is it so hard to believe that someone from glp who frequents these forums simply chose to plagiarize the OP? It happens all the time you know. Most importantly, since the OP due to the timestamps could not have possibly copied from glp, what possible difference does it make in the context of this conversation?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
op is a liar
op needs to stop fearmongering

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Who cares about who plagerized what..it doesnt matter. I am just glad that this is a topic bc this disease is spreading rapidly. This isnt aliens or a conspiracy, this is a real thing that can kill you! I wish there were more topics like this on here...

As for whomever(on page 4) said that honey is stupid, I assure you that you are very incorrect. You need to get Manuka Honey(which is available on Ebay or at health foods stores) I dont care if you have to beg, borrow, or steal, get a jar of this stuff and apply it directly to the wound and bandage it. Within three days the would will be gone. It is a natural potent antibiotic. I do think that this substance has greatly improved/saved my life.

I would also recommend coloidal nano silver and nasal misting with hyrogen peroxide(3%). This will help build immunity and oxyginate the bloodstream.
MRSA attacks those with a weakened immune system.

Any fool knows big pharmaceudical companies will pump you full of pills without a second thought, this includes antibiotics. These same antibiotics weaken the immunity as the body becomes over reliable on them. The key is to build up your immune system. I would agree that a single regiment of Bactrim DS will prove to be effective but after this you must learn to build up your immunity naturally.

EDIT" I would respectfully ask the mods to delete all references to plagerism and to keep this thread on topic!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Jdawg9909]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

A fungus issue like this has come up in the upper NW part of the US as
well and here is conformation of it.

Hypervirulent tropical fungus spreads in NW USA

So far a small number of ppl have died, but as it spreads that will
likely go up.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
I live in Tennessee as well. So I did a google search. Nothing except some random stories about e coli. www.google.com...:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn

MRSA is not a virus. As for the flooding, MRSA thrives in hospital settings. If the place has flooded it wouldn't be open until it was clean. People carry MRSA all the time. MRSA is normally not an issue unless a person is already seriously ill. That is why hospitals are breeding grounds for it-sick people.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by antonia]

There are multiple strains of this bacteria, some of them being fairly
new to the scene.

Info in regards to multiple strains is listed here, some are worse
than others.

MRSA strains

So while the common strain may exist on you at all times it is not
one of the killer strains.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Melissa101 thank you and god bless your soul friend. Its getting stranger by the days.
2nd

[edit on 5/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Calling in the CDC is not a huge deal guys. I am a retired RN with emergency medicine specialty and we called them in routinely. Its protocol when you cant treat an infection or virus by standards and when the symptoms arent quite right or when you cant define the culture . ESPECIALLY when it concerns children you call the CDC. Its also pretty common that pain meds dont work adequately with MRSA depending on the strain and the severity of tissue damage. Ive had MRSA more than once and its scary stuff.

One thing I dont understand on this site is the crazy fearmongering. The CDC is a very valuable tool when dealing with infectious disease.. they are there to be called and we all NEED their information. Ive dealt with them personally countless times and its nothing mysterious or rare.

As for the OP.. her friend either isnt a very experienced health care worker or it was blown out of proportion. HIPPA doesnt pertain to this conversation either. You CAN call whomever you want and say hey, make sure you clean your kids stuff as there is a mrsa outbreak in the area.. nothing illegal about it and nothing to scream in the streets about. We had people come in with bubonic plague and leprosy for God's sake and the alarms werent sounded. That was in New Orleans where Im from in 2005 and it happens quite a bit. Look it up.Knowledge will keep your heads on my little chickens!

Calm down and think rationally.
I rarely post but this story irked me. There is enough out there to be legitimately worried about... dont make up nonsense.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The OP earlier mentioned a connection that occured to her in regards to another poster who said they had a doctor flown in from Atlanta..... really its simple: the CDC headquarters is in Atlanta. There is a pretty good chance that any CDC official will be coming from Atlanta.

Honestly without some kind of verifiable source, I have to take this with a grain of salt. Sorry. I just can't take the word of an anonymous nurse second hand.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

It is disheartening when folks don't take the time to read previous posts on a thread before they make accusations:

Why is it so hard to believe that someone from glp who frequents these forums simply chose to plagiarize the OP? It happens all the time you know. Most importantly, since the OP due to the timestamps could not have possibly copied from glp, what possible difference does it make in the context of this conversation?

The OP's post predates the one on glp by 40 minutes.

I am betting the person at glp copied and pasted it to glp from ATS.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I checked with the doctor at Vanderbilt who would be involved if there was a resistance issue outside of the ordinary and he said there had not been any unusual cases. That said the story could still be true as they may have decided against transferring the patients to Vanderbilt.

Assuming this is true and has not been exaggerated or misdiagnosed, it would seem to be a pretty significant issue. Apparently MRSA can be more virulent than other strains of staph which does not make a lot of sense to me but my friend forwarded me some papers on this. And a strain of staph that is resistant to all antimicrobial agents would be pretty significant.

- PM

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

If there is anything going on in the Tennessee hospitals that requires the CDC to respond, it is not going to be MRSA. While it has been on the rise lately, Methacillian Resistant Staph is nothing new. Most people, especially health care workers are colonized with the bacteria. It resides in the nares mostly. However, unless a persons immune system is already compromised there is not much to fear. I have worked with many patients that had MRSA, I have been colonized most of my career and did have an active infection after a spider bite. Its true that MRSA is resistant to Methacillian (hence the name) but medications like vancomycin can wipe out an infection with relative ease.

As I said at the start, if there is anything to worry about at this hospital, MRSA would be one of the least problems.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I just want to say thank you to everyone for your support and understanding. I have no idea about the other post on the other site. I have not even taken the time to look at it, cause it is irrelevant IMHO. All I know is I got a tip and wanted to share it because I believe we should keep each other informed as times get (well for the lack of a better word) crazier. I wish others were more involved in finding out what is going on around them and letting us know, this way we can stay on top of things again as things get crazier. We all know most of this stuff does not hit the news so I feel like ATS is a network of family that cares about getting the truth out there. That is not to say ATS doenst have some black sheep trollers but all in all most of us are good folks trying to piece together the reality of our world today. And at the end of the day most of us are just trying to survive these ruff times. So again thank you and God bless.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Hey TheAmused, I saw the same thing. the GLP and the OP statements are clearly the work of the same person or a plagiarizer. But then I saw this article. Take a look, i found this while doing some research on this topic. Flu like virus sweeps through Indian Lakes Elementary Whether or not the OP is lying or not is not the primary objective anymore. The article I present to you comes from the Henderson County Star news from 5/18/10. Can anybody from this county or near by counties confirm or deny this article? Clearly some thing is happening in TN.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

About 100 students from Indian Lake Elementary became ill on Thursday and Friday with flu-like symptoms, including headaches, abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. School officials notified the Board of Education and Sumner County Health Department, which launched an official investigation over the weekend to determine the source of the outbreak. Preliminary tests confirmed on Monday that the illness was a strain of Norovirus, a highly contagious virus that causes acute gastroenteritis in humans. Water ruled out as source of illness Hendersonville Utility District officials conducted four separate tests of the Indian Lake area’s water supply on Saturday to make sure the water did not show levels of coliform, an indicator that the e. coli bacteria or other fecal contamination is present. “All tests came back negative, so we feel pretty confident that the source of the illness is not the drinking water,” said Mark Bramberg, operations manager for the Hendersonville Utility District. Health department investigates Public Health Department officials interviewed several affected families and collected stool and vomit samples to try to determine if a common food or activity linked the students or pinpointed a possible cause, said Andrea Turner, spokesman for the Tennessee Department of Health. Turner said on Monday that the department’s investigation was ongoing and additional specimen samples will be collected for further testing.

Source included in my above post.

Anybody have any idea what the Norovirus is?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Quetzalcoatl12]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Grats on getting your friend fired. If the story is even legit.
P.S. - Please don't be my friend

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12

About 100 students from Indian Lake Elementary became ill on Thursday and Friday with flu-like symptoms, including headaches, abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. School officials notified the Board of Education and Sumner County Health Department, which launched an official investigation over the weekend to determine the source of the outbreak. Preliminary tests confirmed on Monday that the illness was a strain of Norovirus, a highly contagious virus that causes acute gastroenteritis in humans. Water ruled out as source of illness Hendersonville Utility District officials conducted four separate tests of the Indian Lake area’s water supply on Saturday to make sure the water did not show levels of coliform, an indicator that the e. coli bacteria or other fecal contamination is present. “All tests came back negative, so we feel pretty confident that the source of the illness is not the drinking water,” said Mark Bramberg, operations manager for the Hendersonville Utility District. Health department investigates Public Health Department officials interviewed several affected families and collected stool and vomit samples to try to determine if a common food or activity linked the students or pinpointed a possible cause, said Andrea Turner, spokesman for the Tennessee Department of Health. Turner said on Monday that the department’s investigation was ongoing and additional specimen samples will be collected for further testing.

Source included in my above post.

Anybody have any idea what the Norovirus is?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Quetzalcoatl12]

Its a nasty virus you've probably heard about on the news... recently its been in nursing homes, day cares, and cruise ships. Nothing deadly unless you have other severe complicating factors, just feel like you are going to croak. Its the Norwalk-like virus.. AKA the dreaded stomach flu!
Right now we have a noro going around my town. Several grad ceremonies are being put off due to so many kids being sick at once. Ive had one type or another too many times to count given my profession and how contagious it is. Trust me, you've more than likely had it more than once yourself unless you live in a hermetically sealed bunker.

This kind of stuff happens everyday and all the time... you just hear about it more because you're searching and seeing whats actually out there. Now if you hear of a midsize smallpox outbreak... THATS the time you can be concerned and run in circles screaming.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join