It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Has Been called Into Middle Tennessee

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Sorry for the short post, but does all of this remind any one of a bad zombie plot?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Aziroth

If it's any ease to you MRSA is preventable. If you keep your kids washed up and practicing good hygiene they should not get it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I got this nasty stuff about 4 years ago after a weekend at the lake...although I may have contracted it from the gym too...or possibly the tanning bed. Anyhow, I got it on my calf and it was extremely painful. My calf swelled up to twice it's normal size and the "head" of the lesion was about the size of a quarter. Disgusting, I know.

I went to the Dr. and was given antibiotics to tide me over while a culture was run to determine the strain. Needless to say, the antibiotics did not work. It took me about 2 months to shake it off and get rid of it for good. What is left is a horrible scar on my calf, which resembles a gunshot wound.

Hopefully, my body had developed the natural antibodies needed to ward off any repeat inoculation.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My fiancé has family there. My daughter and I made plans to go with him in June to meet the rest of the family before the wedding.
I will ask him to talk to his family about this, maybe they heard something.
His sister works in a doctors office.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I live in Nashville and work at Vanderbuilt and I have heard nothing about the CDC being called in anywhere in Middle Tennessee. Often times, there may be a CDC consultant called in on odd situations but as far as a huge CDC call up, I would say your source should re-check their facts.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
if it's 100% antibiotic resistant, it's not MRSA (IV vancomycin kills MRSA).

If you developed vanco- resistance , then it becomes VRE (vancomycin resistent entercoccus) which is treatable by only a few drugs.

So all I am saying at this point is that, if it's 100% resistant to everything, it's gonna need a new name.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by imafreespirit
I am a survivor of MRSA. I had a double bowel resection and contracted it in the hospital. It was a new anti-biotic resistant strain also. I spent a month and half in a coma in ICU. Everything they gave me was "experimental". Not sure exactly what all it was, but I know that I can never have the same medicine again. I actually died for 7 minutes. They put me in some special roto-bed. When I finally came to, couple months later, the doctors told me that they had no idea why I was still alive. They told me that it was NOT any of the medicine or anything else that they did. I had a doctor from Atlanta flown in to Columbus Ohio to treat me. Yep! The CDC was in charge of treating me. I survived but have alot of complications.

ATLANTA! I did not think it was relevant before but that is where the RN stated they had called the CDC in from she said "The CDC was called in from Atlanta). This helps to validate what I was told, thanks! I am so thrilled you pulled threw, God bless you.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
..sorry

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

As i said before it is not contagious, if it is MRSA.

www.medicinenet.com...

Can also be treated

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
A New MRSA Defence

Makes me wonder what they could find if they were actually allowed to work and study this.

Another hard pill to swallow i suppose..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
Hmm...no more MRSA than usual at the MED or Methodist here in Memphis.

10 minutes from Memphis here. My daughter went to the gym and within 2 weeks she had 2 LARGE boils on the back of her thigh which looked just like spider bites but I knew exactly what it was.

I opened them up and used MMS on them several times a day and both were gone within 10 days or so which was interesting because TWO of her gym friends also got it and it lasted for over a month and was extremely hard to heal. Only one friend went to the hospital. Really discusting stuff.

Did want to add it left horrible scars.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Re: the footlong slugs: there are arrowhead flatworms around North Ga, and I imagine TN. We found one a foot or longer last year, and had never seen one before. One could think they were slugs. We thought that at first. They are plenarians- they eat slugs.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Marijuana extracts kill antibiotic-resistant MRSA without a high.

Why?

Awwwwww

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this as MRSA is definitly a can be killer...but what people need to know is that MRSA usually occurs inside hospitals there have been rare cases where MRSA has been cotratced outside health care facilities but most of the MRSA infections...or staph infections happen inside hospitals and rest homes, gyms and schools where there are questionable hygiene issues... I believe the CDC was probably called in to evaluate the hospital for any lapse in health codes or intrument usage since the infection rate was quite high, more than likely they are performing an investigation as well as helping distribute ani-virals...will look into it more since this has not been on local news yet...at least not that ive seen

[edit on 25-5-2010 by 933K5T4R]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
"colloidal silver" may or may not cause Argyria (silver toxicity/turn blue)

"nano silver sol" will not cause Argyria even if the entire bottle is consumed.

colloidal silver has a ppm of like 3000, whereas silver-sol is somewhere around 10.

also the progress of "colloidal" technology has advanced quite a bit since it first came out. theres 3 types of silver

"colloidal" which is mixed results
"ionic" which has better results
and "nano" which shows the best results.

the company that patented the process for making the "nano" silver, was asked to give presentations to both congress and nasa to prove their claims that it will cure malaryia in 3-5 days

from what i can tell about the stuff, it was found to be rather ineffective back when it was "colloidal" (in the 90's), but since has earned a few EPA and FDA approvals as "nano" (not that that means anything...)

i have some on hand, but have yet to find anybody to test it on since i bought it

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaBravoSierra
I live in Nashville and work at Vanderbuilt and I have heard nothing about the CDC being called in anywhere in Middle Tennessee. Often times, there may be a CDC consultant called in on odd situations but as far as a huge CDC call up, I would say your source should re-check their facts.

After reading all this and no one else being able to confirm this or have even heard about anything...I'm thinking this is a local hospital that probably doesn't see much and is overblowing a localized event. Or it is just a rumor running around a hospital. Small local community hospitals are kind of notorious for panicing over something they have never seen before...but is actually not uncommon.

But being so close to Vandy...don't you think any local hospital would call Vandy first before calling the CDC???

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by super genius
all collodial silver will do is turn them blue.
2nd line.

Sorry, you are wrong here colloidal silver will not make you blue. I assure of this, I have been taking it for years and am not blue. you are confused with the other type of silver.

CS, has natural antibody properties, and I have heard when placed on the sores themselves, it does help.

Let's clarify exactly what MRSA is. It is Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus. A bacteria that will not respond to your Penicillin type drugs. Typically treated with Vancomyicin.

It is very contagious, breeds in hospitals and the elderly and immuno- suppressed are the most susceptible.

It is not anything like what you would see in an E-coli infection. MRSA typically effects the skin or mucus membranes. E-coli is a gastrointestinal bacteria.

There is another super bug called VRE Vancomycin-resistant Enterococci
Here are the facts on Vre.

Enteroccocci are bacteria that are normally present in the human intestines and in the female genital tract and are often found in the environment.

These bacteria can sometimes cause infections. Vancomycin is an antibiotic that is often used to treat infections caused by enterococci. In some instances, enterococci have become resistant to this drug and thus are called vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE).

Most VRE infections occur in hospitals.

link:www.cdc.gov...

Vre sounds much more likely what they are dealing with. You would have similar symptoms to that seen in E-coli.

Vre, is very serious as well.

Thanks,

Pax

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 933K5T4R

Actually, some strains of MRSA are often caught outside of hospitals. HA-MRSA (Hospital Associated) is usually found in places where people are immuno-compromised.

CA-MRSA (Community Associated) is found in places like colleges, gyms, and other locations where people typically come into close contact with each other.

HA-MRSA and CA-MRSA are made up of different strains.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Melissa101

As i said before it is not contagious, if it is MRSA.

www.medicinenet.com...

Can also be treated

I checked your link and could not verify your statement.

As a nurse who has cared for many with MRSA I know it is is very contagious. Our patients were always placed in strict isolation, and the doctors and nurses wore isolation gowns, gloves, mask and booties.

we used disposable dinnerware, stethoscopes and any other instrument that went in the patients room so it could be tossed in Bio-hazard bag.

All visitors were required to wear same isolation garb.

Unless there has been different strains of MRSA lately, it is virulent.

Cautions should be taken.

Thanks kindly,
Pax

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I've contacted several nurse friends here locally in the Memphis area that work with children and a few in Nashville to see if they are seeing any increases in this type of issue.

I'll let you know when I know

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join