It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Testosterone Makes People Suspicious of One Another

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Testosterone Makes People Suspicious of One Another

www.wired.com

Testosterone is linked to aggression, competition and social status. Now scientists have found that the hormone also reduces naive individuals’ confidence in others.

“Testosterone reduces trust just enough to make people vigilant and careful,” said psychologist Jack van Honk of Utrecht University in the Netherlands, who led the study published May 24 in Proceedings of the National Academy of Science
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blogs.discovermagazine.com

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Testosterone... It may very well be the fuel which keeps this website strong and healthy. Whether or not this is a good thing is a matter of subjective opinion however a direct correlation has been drawn between levels of testosterone and how trusting we are of other people. I am hopeful that we have some control over this however testosterone is a powerful hormone and one which may be beyond the realms of our control.

Remain vigilant.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

Pretty interesting, it makes me wonder whether this effect has evolved as we become a more social being?

Back in the days of caves and hunting I wonder if we had a reason to be suspicious of those around us. However in today's world I think we need a bit of 'waryness' about us, especially as so many people in society are out for number one. Of course, you'd have to be a believer in Darwinism to accept this theory.

Although as a passing observation and possibly a narrow minded sweeping generalisation - it does seem that the more 'macho' men do come accross as the more suspicious/jealous types.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

Hah? "Naive" is not a term I would use to describe someone who has little confidence in people.

Refer to world.

Enjoy.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
So what are they saying? we should masturbate alot? i mean, to my knowledge thats the oly wa to bring testosteron levels down..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This is the most bull i have ever heard. I have low level of testosterone, and i have been passive all my life. But i am also very cautious, so testosterone has nothing to do with being careful.

These reports are dumb beyond belief sometimes.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
This is the most bull i have ever heard. I have low level of testosterone, and i have been passive all my life. But i am also very cautious, so testosterone has nothing to do with being careful.

These reports are dumb beyond belief sometimes.

How so very passive of you andy.

I agree whole-heartedly.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Exactly, high leveled testosterone males i have seen in my life, are surely the ones very open to people, and such.

I think its the other way round.

I doubt testosterone levels has anything to do with being cautious around people.

top topics

join