It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration Problem Solved!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Kinda reminds me of the 'ole south'. I wonder if they even make minimum wage? That's Federal law too right? Just not applied for illegals on farms.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

First offer a bounty of $100 / Per illegal Reported and Deported.

Since law enforcement cannot profile the Citizens sure as heck can.

Yep, most citizens think ALL Mexicans are illegal.

Point blank, your solution sucks and just another epic failure.

It does nothing to address the real issue and only helps to further ignorance.

Enjoy your thread!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Our gov't lets them in if they go thru the process. We have to many of them already, the ship is sinking. The mexican gov't says if they leave it is illegal to come back and they go to jail. Instead of going to jail, they keep trying to come across the border to U.S.A. Both these laws need to change on both sides. MAYBE they will stay over there if they fix there country also.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I never said mexicans I said illegals. .... Playing the race card again.

Some mexicans are illegals
Not all illegals are mexican

Wake up.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Now just because i picked mexican, i just as well could of picked any other country or nationality. This is ONE problem of many issuses here and it is the issues to deal with. So if i talk about a gov't involved, i will say what country it came from. ok

[edit on 24-5-2010 by nite owl]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

There are also British, Spanish, Hondurans, Cubans, Nigerians, Chinese, returned ex pats that gave up citizenship and many others.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

Well if states had the Law Passed like AZ they could bill the Federal Government for all cost assoiciated for Arrest and Deportation.

If the Fed says they won't pay the state can seize federal land and do what it pleases with it.

I personally thing that is a great idea! I mean, the FEDs waste billions every year, make them pay the bill for doing what they refuse to do. All Sates really need to make laws against illegal immigration of any kind. And enforce them.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

OK... lets go with this for a bit... On the possibility of making it policy to offer bounties for illegals - offering a bounty to find and expell these people whether they be mexicans or canadians, cubans or venezuelans...

Lets analyse that.

Payment of a government fund to outsource/privatise expulsion from the USA (or for arguments sake any country with border integrity issues). Wouldnt that lead to an undermining of the integrity of the police forces? WOuldnt that mean that people working on border control would have an incentive to make sure that more people whether illegal or not would be deported?

Who would get to make that determination?

If this is such a good public policy idea, why not privatise police, fire fighters and ambulance drivers and make some incentive for them to arrest people, to put out fires, take people to hospital... see where Im going with this??

Economic incentive in the hands of the private sector almost always gets rorted and innocent people hurt in the process. (Wall street anyone?)

There is a very basic concept in economics called Gross Domestic Product. A countries Production Possibility Frontier can only shift to the right (that means grow - economic growth) if there are a couple of things happen. The first is innovation. The second is population growth.

I find it absolutely amazing that you people jump up and down and scream like hillbillies "They took our Jobzz" when in reality, theyve actually caused a very real and quantifiable shift in the countries PPF, making it possible for the xenophobic gun-totin ignorant masses who refuse to deny ignorance, to buy their flat screens and F trucks.

How about a little thought on your part. From mine all I see is racism dressed up as nationalism dressed up in stupidity. Education never goes astray.

All the best

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by daptodave

YEAH, gross domestic product. population and innovations, buisness grouth. The population is overwhelming the buisness sector because they go over seas for cheap labor, less taxes, no medical exspenses, and other reasons. This is why we need to stop illegals from entering our borders. THANK YOU FOR THAT ONE. Like i said , there is more than one issue going on here.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I dont follow your logic. Your going to have to explain what you mean in a bit more detail.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daptodave
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Payment of a government fund to outsource/privatise expulsion from the USA (or for arguments sake any country with border integrity issues). Wouldnt that lead to an undermining of the integrity of the police forces? WOuldnt that mean that people working on border control would have an incentive to make sure that more people whether illegal or not would be deported?

All you are doing is reporting what you observed if it leads to arrest and deportation you get a reward. They could even offer the reward as a Tax credit.

Ever heard of crimestopers. Report criminals get a reward for information that leads to an arrest? They reward up to $1000.

Who would get to make that determination?

If they get arrested or deported? The Local LE would decide on arrest. The Feds would decide on deportation. When they fail the State will deport and bill the feds.

If this is such a good public policy idea, why not privatise police, fire fighters and ambulance drivers and make some incentive for them to arrest people, to put out fires, take people to hospital... see where Im going with this??

They are already private. They are all subsiduaries of the Corperation that we call Government. This is why there is no transparency in Government. Coperations keep secrets. But I digress.

Economic incentive in the hands of the private sector almost always gets rorted and innocent people hurt in the process. (Wall street anyone?)

Better Idea?

There is a very basic concept in economics called Gross Domestic Product. A countries Production Possibility Frontier can only shift to the right (that means grow - economic growth) if there are a couple of things happen. The first is innovation. The second is population growth.

Legal immigration and reproduction is population growth.

I find it absolutely amazing that you people jump up and down and scream like hillbillies "They took our Jobzz" when in reality, theyve actually caused a very real and quantifiable shift in the countries PPF, making it possible for the xenophobic gun-totin ignorant masses who refuse to deny ignorance, to buy their flat screens and F trucks.

I would comment on that but it would get this post deleted.

How about a little thought on your part. From mine all I see is racism dressed up as nationalism dressed up in stupidity. Education never goes astray.

First its not Education, its indoctrination but thats a whole other topic.

People play the race card now days when the cannot fourmulate a valid arguement or admit they are wrong.

Illegal immigration is not a race issue its a safety and economic issue.

Since we have open borders anyone can sneek in even Osama bin laden.

Entering the Country illegaly is a crime and they should be held to account for it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Since we have open borders anyone can sneek in even Osama bin laden.

Entering the Country illegaly is a crime and they should be held to account for it.

The crime is a misdemeanor and they are seldom charged. Please tell me what other misdemeanor do you hold to such high standards?

I'm sure you will have to do some research on that one.

Open borders- World population is around 6.7 billion. Subtract the 312 million living in the US and you have about 6.4 billion.

If we have such an open border, how have we managed to keep the 6.4 billion out?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by SWCCFAN

The crime is a misdemeanor and they are seldom charged. Please tell me what other misdemeanor do you hold to such high standards?

That is irrelivent the issues is our safety and Economic stability.

Open borders- World population is around 6.7 billion. Subtract the 312 million living in the US and you have about 6.4 billion.

If we have such an open border, how have we managed to keep the 6.4 billion out?

It's a long damn swim for most and not crossing a land border they cannot sneek in so easily. Have you flown overseas and returned to the US?

Its a Pain in the ass for citizens, and if you are a foreignor visiting you better have a good visa. If you lack doccumentation and cannot povide it you are sent back from where you came.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daptodave

If a job can only hire 300 employees but hires 5000, do you think that they will stay in buisness? BUISNESS VS. POPULATION. America has only so many buisneses for all its people. OK, so if we take out of the equation the illeagals, maybe an american legal will have a job. LAWS: ALSO, maybe if the gov't of mexico changes its law, that the peoples will not be scared to go back fear of arrest and prison. IT'S ILLEGAL TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY OF MEXICO. So when the mexicans come back, they go to jail. LAWS: Maybe if U.S.A stopped letting more people in, maybe the buisness sector can catch up, if the buisneses stay in the U.S.A. I could go on with other issues. You see that is the problem, so many ISSUES. with illegals.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I've often thought that a way to curb it was a "citizen snitch" program.

Police can't profile (which is good), but if American citizens were compensated for reporting KNOWN Illegal hiring work sites, or KNOWN Illegal Immigrant workers, the work of any LEO agency would be almost entirely at the citizen level.

Sort of like citizen bounty hunters.

I.C.E. has a call in/report hotline, but it's not efficient enough. I spoke to a guy at I.C.E. and he said they are SWAMPED with calls. Thousands per week in California alone. They don't have the man power to respond to all of the calls though.

So there needs to be more to it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
We can just nuke Mexico, no problems, blow that muther lover up, bungadee!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Sounds like the Mexican and American Governments have a lot in common. The both have border problems and they both selectively enforce their laws.

Maybe we should just annex Mexico and tax the crap out of them too.

A better Idea Close the border only have crossings at check points. Line the un-fenced border with signs every 50' saying in English and Spanish:

You are Entering the United States illegally turn around now or you will be arrested. You are not in Mexico anymore and are in violation of US Law. Failure to comply may also result in the use of deadly force should you proceed past this point. Return to Mexico and Use a Legal Border Crossing.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
We can just nuke Mexico, no problems, blow that muther lover up, bungadee!

Well that won't work. That would require the murdering of innocent people. While this a common practice of the US Government and Others, we should not sink to such a low level.

This post is intended to provide discussions about solutions. Not Genocide.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
700 Hundred miles of border to watch?

Hmmm Let's take 1400 troops (2 per outpost). Build a fortified wooden tower/outpost for around 4,000 each (wholesale package deal from contract of course). Erect ONE outpost every mile. Train them all to be snipers. Erect warning signs saying that our military has Shoot to Kill orders.

NOBODY will ever come near that border again. Problem solved, let's have a beer.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I don't know why such a simple solution wasn't thought of sooner.

You would think somebody would have tried using citizens as paid government informants by now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join