It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hating the "Rich"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I'm not hating all rich people, but I do hate what I called "spoiled rich brats".

The 30 year old college freshman with the Morgan Stanley credit card that pays it's own monthly balance with dividends from her trust fund.

Don't you love these people? At Dead shows...and in bars....skipping from one life path to the next, never getting a bill, churning up regular people left and right in her wake?

Yea, she dumped me.

[Edited on 13-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
liberals and commies resent anyone whos better off than their onw lazy-give-me-money- for-doing-nothing asses

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The rich take up to much space with their big houses big cars that take up the parking. It�s selfish. When I drive past houses that belong to the rich I see all those rooms and think wow they must have a big family, but that�s not true in most cases, so they have all that room, and then I think of the homeless. The society in which we live sucks. The dog eat eat dog world I hope will one day be part of the past along with the homeless.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I don't resent rich kids or rich people their money because they did something to get it, whether it was work to build it or pop out of the right chute into the jewel encrusted hands of a rich mother. If I had money, I'd take care of my kids if I had any, and my family. My "If I Win The Rediculously Huge Lottery" list always begins with making the family members and close friends solvent homeowners. All debts get paid, homes get bought and doctors and dentists get a wave of sudden business. *L*

I don't resent rich kids for not knowing any better because it's how they grew up, just like I'm a product of how I grew up. I'll dislike them for bad attitudes or cruelty, but for not knowing what it's like to choke up 3 days before payday.... can't do it. They just don't know and if life is kind to them, they never will. For rich people who got it the right way, no resentment. Some people aim to build a nest egg and some aim to build an empire. Neither should be thought of badly for reaching their goals, in my opinion. But I do dislike those who have stolen their wealth, especially from those who worked and earned it honestly. But then I dislike anyone who steps all over people and takes from them unjustly.

I figure in the end the rich have the same problems as many others.... cancer, alcoholism, drug abuse, alzheimer's, child abuse, etc. And everyone ends up dead in the end, so we're all vulnerable to the same downfalls of the human condition. I guess it would be better if they didn't look down on those less fortunate and if those less fortunate didn't look down on them. Heck, I'm broke and there are still gonna be people who think I have it made compared to them. Somewhere -I'm- the hated rich! Cool!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
KrazyIvan, you'd be my role model, if I wasn't mine already. I'm so cool.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yeah, it's funny. All the people who resent rich people "Just happen" to be poor people, and lazy people. I mean I feel for the lone person who supports a familly, works 12 hours a day at a crappy job for 9 dollars an hour. Sometimes things aren't fair. But generally if someones rich they worked hard to get there. It's capitalism, and our fee-market system. If you're willing to work hard to earn money, you'll earn it. If you decide to sit on your lazy a$$, never work, use other people, and complain about how much your life sucks...you probably got there yourself. I'm 17, and work at a movie theatre. I'm actually somewhat mad at myself that I didn't get a job earlier..it sucks sometimes but it pays off.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The poorest of the poor & the laziest of the laziest spend 24/7 on ATS/BTS. It makes them feel so important, NOT.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kode
The rich take up to much space with their big houses big cars that take up the parking. It�s selfish. When I drive past houses that belong to the rich I see all those rooms and think wow they must have a big family, but that�s not true in most cases, so they have all that room, and then I think of the homeless. The society in which we live sucks. The dog eat eat dog world I hope will one day be part of the past along with the homeless.

So I guess if you had money you would buy a busted old Pinto and live in a ramshakle apartment right?

Hell no, anyone who has money is going to enjoy it, and they would be crazy not to.

We live in a world of haves and have nots and nothing is going to change that.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well, the thing about most of the homeless people is that they could EASILY earn at least enough money to live in an apartment. Most of them are either too lazy to work, and perfer being homeless over working, or they're crazy. All the homeless people I've bumped into have been crazy. And yes, that is sad that nobody is there to take care of them. But it's not sad to see a sane homeless person. Sure, I feel bad for them and want to help them but in this country (I'm in the U.S.) you could get a job, and make enough money. My uncle and father are perfect examples. They both grew up very very poor. Well, now my uncle has 20 million dollars to his name, and my dad's pretty well off as well. (Yes, I live with him but that doesn't make me well off because it's not MY money). The way they did this? Simple, hard work. My uncle started off mowing peoples lawns. He then hired people to help him. After a while he realized there was money in repairing broken equipment. He started off a small company. That company grew (With great help from my dad) and eventually became a big company. He then sold that company for 20 million dollars. Of course, you have to be a little...heartless to earn that kind of money sometimes. He didn't give my dad a dime, even though my dad was a key part in starting that business. My dad is happy where he stands though. Hard work pays off, and that's why I like capitalism. Then of course there are the disadvantages of musicians, sports players, talk show hosts etc. etc. being millionairs because there are people to support them (Free market system)

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well, I think the balance is to have a healthy amount of compassion for these people, but also a good amount of anger for those that drag themselves down.

I find that people worse than homeless people, is plain old discusting people. Live with raw chicken on their counters, dog poop on the floor.

I lived with one of them before and I'll tell you, they will never succeed because their life is like their house, AFU

top topics

<< 1   >>

join