It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Reunites With Gorilla He Raised

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I ran across this video and could not find it on ATS so I thought I would post it because I was moved by it. I am not sure what kind of Gorillas these are but I don't know if I have ever seen such sentience in the face of an animal. Those things are beautiful and the hugs were touching. Can you believe he finds the gorilla by calling alongside the river?
I know sometimes people think raising wild animals is detrimental, and I agree, with the exception of orphaned young animals. What always makes me nervous about wild animal and human relations is that when the animal returns to the wild, they have developed a trust for humans and it breaks my heart to visualize any creature that trustingly approaches people only to find out the people are there to kill it. I believe it is better to adopt an orphan with a chance to rejoin it's clan is better than a whole clan being taken out by poachers to begin with. Poaching sucks!!!!!!!
Peace

Reunion Of Man And Gorilla Article
www.happynews.com...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Wonderful story! I'm glad they didn't tag-to-track the animal like many do when released.

The background music made it even more touching which, played into the emotional subconscious which, wasn't necessary overall so.... I'm just pointing that out

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What a great video. I could watch this over and over again. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I have always wanted to work with gorillas, but living in South Georgia, I never have had the chance to, though I am always in amazement when reading about them, or watching videos such as this. Who knows, maybe one day I will be able to relocate and take my love and respect for wildlife with me.

Thanks again.
S&F

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Star and flagged, great story, great find.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Star and flag for you. We could use more positive posts such as this on ATS.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think our downfall is to believe that animals arent intelligent in a greater way because they cannot speak or communicate with us but i believe they understand one another by other means.

Have men no other method of communicating with one another than by speech? And the dumb, what do you say of them? The animals, being endowed with the life of relation, have means of giving one another information, and of expressing the sensations they feel. Do you suppose that fishes have no understanding among themselves? Man has not the exclusive privilege of language; but that of the animals is instinctive and limited to the scope of their wants and ideas, while that of man is perfectible, and lends itself to all the conceptions of his intelligence.

It is evident that fishes, emigrating in masses, like the swallows that follow the guide that leads them, must have the means of giving one another information, of arriving at a common understanding, and of concerting measures of general interest. It may be that they are gifted with a sense of vision sufficiently acute to allow of their distinguishing signs made by them to one another, or the water may serve them as a vehicle for the transmission of certain vibrations.

It is evident that they must have some means, whatever these may be, of comprehending one another, like all other animals that have no voice, and that nevertheless perform actions in common.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
What an amazing reunion.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
To me, this is a miracle. Thanks for posting this amazing video of this beautiful animal.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Good video as posted previously!
Of course forms of communication exist in numerous species of life on earth.
And from the thread below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One can only imagine.......

[edit on 25-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well,there has been many experiences of people raising wild animals from babies and then releasing them back into the wild.

Almost every time when years later they see each other in the wild the animal responds to the person like a friend.

Animals are not as stupid as they appear.

I have a dog who barks differently for each one of my daughters friends it is at the front door or just walking up the sidewalk.

I can tell who it is just by hearing the bark.

A well known picture of a guy with a mother polar bear and her baby can be found on the internet.

What is not talked about is the reason he was able to get so close.

He raised the mother when she was found as a orphan and she recognized his voice, even years later.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
What a wonderful story. Thanks so much for posting it. After reading several depressing posts on ATS, watching that choked me up, but in a good way.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by virraszto]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Thanks for all the kind words guys! I am glad to have shared this and I hope it raised a few smiles and warmed a few hearts.
Shadow Herder, I hear you and agree. I have often found words to be superflous, and I have always wondered about our "undeveloped" communication abilities.
It is my opinion that we have so many barriers to other forms of communication. We are so distracted, medicated, toxified(pineals flouridated), that we rarely get a chance to exercise our potential higher powers, imo. Yes, it is a sad attitude to discount the intelligence of animals , as well as taking a position of dominant superiority over them.
I believe the birds and fishes you mention operate in a collective fashion, like you said, cueing in either visually or perhaps with some other sense. Whatever they use, it is pure and effective, unclouded and certain. I am reminded of the importance of listening and observing being just as essential as talking.

ANIMALS ARE SMARTER THAN WE THINK
ngm.nationalgeographic.com...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just wanted to bump this for another run, it really is awesome, and reeks with heart warming sentience.
WARNING: This interaction may cause tears of joy!

Peace,
spec
edit on 24-5-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I just wanted to bump this for another run, it really is awesome, and reeks with heart warming sentience.

Peace,
spec

This is so sweet! It brought tears to my eyes.

I love animals! They have feeling and emotions, just because they don't speak human doesn't mean they can't feel or remember or love!!

I shared this on my FB...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It brought tears to my eyes.

Me too mblahnikluver, me too!
Glad ya duggit, thanks.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I love the story, i love the video (the one in the OP is deleted...but you can find one on YouTube by searching).

Somewhere, in the middle of the jungle, that man has "someone" that loves him. No matter what. As a man who has a close bond with his dog, that is very, very touching.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Video is terminated... I heard the gorilla got hit by a bus tho, bummer...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I just asked a mod to insert new vid in original op. If not, I will add another post.
For now, here it is:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Somewhere, in the middle of the jungle, that man has "someone" that loves him. No matter what. As a man who has a close bond with his dog, that is very, very touching.

Nice sentiment texan, and yea the gorilla's sentience in their reuninion is undeniable. This was one of those magic moments I am glad to have witnessed.

Thanks for the reply,
spec

new topics

top topics

join