It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help with a ufo.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

awwww i feel all warm inside and i do not think it is the tape worm anti-biotics.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by depthoffield
well, i bet that the flash on camera was used (automatically probably).

reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hi, MMN

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Ventessa

2. ORIGINAL IMAGE WITH EXIF DATA:

Note: Use slider bar

so we have:
Flash: Flash fired, compulsory flash mode
and
exposure time: 1/250

well... the flash WAS indeed used as i guessed.

and a bug flying 10 km/h at just 1.5 meters away from camera, means 10000 meters / 3600 seconds, or 2.77 meters/second.
During our exposure time which is 1/250 sec, (the time the exposure system is acting, letting ambiental light to be recorded on the senzor) the bug is moving therefore 1.1 centimeters, giving an elongated blur, the dark part we see it.
The flash is started ussually at the begining of the exposure action, and is lasting less time, maximum 1/500 or ussually 1/1000 seconds or even less...so, it (strongly!) illuminates the near bug in a half or quarter time, meaning the blur length is 5 or better 2.5 milimeters. So, the bug is moving from left to right in the OP image.

We see this (aprox) 1:4 ratio in the image:

well, the above calculus is aproximative not taking in consideration the length of the bug itself, but esential is the idea behind how technique works

Esentially, we have a double exposure, with different time intervals, when the flash is used, and if objects in image are moving, we record different aspects.

Just for fun, my button evolved in some kind of a moving thing:

On the other hand, it could be an alien ship, but we will never know that.

Personally i let this kind of samples behind, simply because i can't rule out the much common "bug-flash system". Inconclusive.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Fount it..another example of similar "UFO", even much clear:

UFO-Fake-or something else?

topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...

sample:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

Depthoffield.....

Fair dinkum I love your stuff!!!!!!!

I also now understand your explanation as to the appearance of the "bright spot + dark streak".....it took me a couple of go's but now I get it!

The op's Mum is lucky it wasn't one of these bugs!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44981590ca4f.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
depthoffield - I agree with MMN - you're scarily good at this stuff!! Very impressed...

Naturally, with such a small object, it is impossible to be definitive, but crikey mate - your suggestion is right on the money.

May I ask ... have you done photogrammetry in a serious way, or is it just a hobby? (..that you have taken to a much higher level than me
)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Fair dinkum

This was un-translatable for me or google but i understood the rest, so

Cheers!

Originally posted by CHRLZ
May I ask ... have you done photogrammetry in a serious way, or is it just a hobby? (..that you have taken to a much higher level than me
)

Hi, CHRLZ!

No, just a hobby (photography, basic optics and understandings or at least thinking of how stuff works) together with an engineer background.

Cheers!

=========

As for both of you, keep doing your good job here, i don't have time to read much of what is said here on ATS, but from what i read, i agree with both of you and like the way both of you think.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Depthoffield

Fair Dinkum

"Meant truthfully & genuinely"

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join