It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FDA's secret : Half of all Sunscreens Actually SPEED up the spread of SKIN CANCER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
G'day ATS,

I came across this and felt compelled to share it with you, just as the Northern Hemisphere approaches summer.

Study: Many Sunscreens May Be Accelerating Cancer

Almost half of the 500 most popular sunscreen products may actually increase the speed at which malignant cells develop and spread skin cancer because they contain vitamin A or its derivatives, according to an evaluation of those products released today.

AOL News also has learned through documents and interviews that the Food and Drug Administration has known of the potential danger for as long as a decade without alerting the public, which the FDA denies.

Hm, of course they would deny it!!

In their annual report to consumers on sunscreen, they say that only 39 of the 500 products they examined were considered safe and effective to use.

Some problems include:

* The use of the hormone-disrupting chemical oxybenzone, which penetrates the skin and enters the bloodstream.
* Overstated claims about performance.
* The lack of needed regulations and oversight by the Food and Drug Administration.

But the most alarming disclosure in this year's report is the finding that vitamin A and its derivatives, retinol and retinyl palmitate, may speed up the cancer that sunscreen is used to prevent.

for advice on Sunscreen, please go to the Environmental Working Groups site found HERE.

All the best ATS

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I believe it that is why I try and use as many store bought products as I possibly can things such as sunscreen, Pain pills ect.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well That is the plan isn't it? Cancer is big Dollars for big Pharma. It makes sense to me.

Evil Bastards.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
LMAO, People should have figured this out by now. Ever since they introduced sunscreen in the '70's, skin cancer has increased
The people who have been controlling this world have not been very nice.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

for advice on Sunscreen, please go to the Environmental Working Groups site found HERE.

Linked page tries to get your $ and personal info.

Green scum site. Ripoff.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Chakotay]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
News like this makes me feel quite smug about being a recluse who has avoided the sun his entire life and therefore hasn't needed sunscreen.

Rev

new topics

top topics

join