It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Disclosure, Will there be a panic? I doubt it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
They are doing the same thing I do when I am scared to tell my girlfriend that I cheated on her. They hype it up in their mind.

A few things might change and a few things might come to light but we would still remain this type of society unless we promoted another type of living. People still suck from the motherly tit. We all do because of these people messing with our foods. We are basically a dumbed down society. We expect someone to spark some sort of crusade before we actually do anything so why should we expect the world to change and expect not to be actively involved?

Disclosure can happen and undoubtedly will. The world won't change much it would just cause another "Obama Election" type situation. They could gradually tell us like they have and then go public with it.

It would be nice if they could just disclose the entire situation because in the light of truth with so many inquiring minds collaborating about conspiracies and such we could be told what our situation is and what the goal is and then eventually work to some sort of solution. Assuming these people aren't trying to create cannons in space to fend off benevolent being's or some other psychotic purpose.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This here is trully amazing. STEREO
Telescope Behind COR2
Resolution any
Display slideshow
Start and End Dates
20100521 end 20100524

What i would like you to do is watch the slideshow with the above selected. Play the slideshow as fast as you can.

There on the right hand side of your image is the start of what looks like a massive object.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
see no change of shape?
Heres the mid section
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
Keep an eye on that "flare" that stays the same shape
The object is massive you MUST watch the slideshow and running as fast as possible. Its clear especially as it nears the end
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

see? never changes shape? Look at the stamp at the bottom of pic?

Dont Believe me? Look yourself

[edit on 24-5-2010 by jazz10]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You cheating on your girlfriend compared to disclosure?!
Did you only disclose that you cheated or did you give her
every single move/account/detail of the actual cheat.

Disclosure is much deep than 2nd base.

Whatever they tell us will only be a fraction. They are not very trust worthy.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Thats a mothership

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

What would people Panic over?

It's not going to happen.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just one word: Project Bluebeam

There won't be discloure unless it could be used to create a panic. Imho the whole ET claim is based on that and several related projects.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think it depends entirely on what is disclosed. I think the world would continue much the same if it was revealed that there really are saucer shaped space craft visiting earth and that govenment officals have met with these aliens. Stories along these lines have been told in sci-fi for longer than the recent disclosure trend.

Other so-called hidden truths would probably cause more panic but I can't see any world leader admitting they're a reptilian shapeshifter.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PositivelyDetermined

It would be nice if they could just disclose the entire situation because in the light of truth with so many inquiring minds collaborating about conspiracies and such we could be told what our situation is and what the goal is and then eventually work to some sort of solution. Assuming these people aren't trying to create cannons in space to fend off benevolent being's or some other psychotic purpose.

Hello,
I can only speak for myself on this matter.
If "they" disclose what has been lied about to us for however long, I will want these liars condemned to death forthrightly.

I doubt it will be the "masses" panicking.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't know.... I tend to believe the world would go crazy. The majority of people have concrete views on the world, their understanding of their lives and place in the universe. It would DESTROY every concept they believed their whole lives and most people can't recover from that type of trauma.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by drock905]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Guys, there is a fair chance there is nothing substantial to disclose. Keep that in mind.

But lets say somehow, the entire world's governments have been able to keep this a secret and let it out........the talking heads would get right on it pontificating on the chances of them being liberal or conservative, the conspiracy nuts would instantly have 1000 new conspiracies to occupy their time...and the rest of us would just hit snooze on the alarm clock a few times and then head off to work just like we do everyday.

There will be no panic.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
By the time they announce disclosure people are going to be so indocrinated that won't believe it's true. If a space ship shows up, their psyche will explode.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I don't think people will panic. I think everyone will be too involved in nuclear armageddon over oil, religion, politcs, etc., to even notice any disclosure.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
You cheating on your girlfriend compared to disclosure?!
Did you only disclose that you cheated or did you give her
every single move/account/detail of the actual cheat.

Disclosure is much deep than 2nd base.

Whatever they tell us will only be a fraction. They are not very trust worthy.

Fully concur. I don't think disclosure is going happen. If it "does", all it will be is some more farcical dribble. If a picture akin to the mothership hovering over the White House in 'Independence Day' was to eventuate, the implications of such a massive upheaval would be diverse. However, to suggest that society will not be rattled by said upheaval only implies a lack in education of sociology, psychology and related subjects. Society quite resolutely has its foundations cemented in symbols and beliefs expressed in outlets such as religion. With the introduction of such a confounding concept as the existence of ETs, many basic beliefs and morals would be questioned on an enormous scale. My guess is that the fundamental levels upon which society operates will be largely altered...

Originally posted by BlankSlate
I think it depends entirely on what is disclosed. I think the world would continue much the same if it was revealed that there really are saucer shaped space craft visiting earth and that govenment officals have met with these aliens. Stories along these lines have been told in sci-fi for longer than the recent disclosure trend.

Other so-called hidden truths would probably cause more panic but I can't see any world leader admitting they're a reptilian shapeshifter.

YES, my thoughts exactly. On the latter point you made, that's the reason why I don't think disclosure will ever happen, on any major scale.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
thread already up
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
I don't know.... I tend to believe the world would go crazy. The majority of people have concrete views on the world, their understanding of their lives and place in the universe. It would DESTROY every concept they believed their whole lives and most people can't recover from that type of trauma.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by drock905]

As far as pure economic and social upheaval - I'm betting that the Industrial Revolution (say 1850-1910) caused much more of that than any eventual disclosure will, especially if it's a "half disclosure" of the "there are things flying around that appear to be intelligently controlled, they have been for a while, we haven't been able to make any contact with them, they appear benign" type (which may actually be true).

I'd at least put an Industrial Revolution-type economic and social upheaval as the maximum that disclosure would cause, if it were "we've made contact and are joining the Galactic Whatsadoofis, the trading ships will be landing in Kansas, France, and Guangzhou"-type.

What particular group of people do you have in mind that would "go crazy" because of this - other than the group of people represented at this site who, as has been noted, would have approximately 1834 new threads ranging from "the greys are the light are the peace, elevate your vibrational frequencies" to "stockpile food, water, and ammunition, the ETs are the antichrist!"

...wait, actually, that's business as usual.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
I don't think people will panic. I think everyone will be too involved in nuclear armageddon over oil, religion, politcs, etc., to even notice any disclosure.

I hope they disclose free energy technologies first, then everyone will calm down, the nations wont need to fight over oil and power, then after that they should hit us with UFO disclosure.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by rajaten]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
depends on what is actually known and what is actually revealed. how far down does the rabbit hole go?

it'd be nice to think that it would be much like the ending of a star wars movie... heroes having their song and throngs of jubilant beings dancing in the streets, but it's probably gonna go down more like getting frozen in carbonite and sold to the highest bid...

new topics

top topics

join