It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia boots Israeli diplomat over fake murder passports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Australia boots Israeli diplomat over fake murder passports

rawstory.com

SYDNEY (AFP) – Australia said Monday it would expel an official from the Israeli embassy after finding the Jewish state was behind fake Australian passports linked to the killing of a Hamas operative.

Foreign Minister Stephen Smith said Australia remained a "firm friend" of Israel but no government could tolerate the abuse of its passports.

"The government has asked that a member of the Israeli embassy in Canberra be withdrawn from Australia," Smith told parliament, without identifying the official.

"I have asked that the withdrawal be effected within a week."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jta.org
www.google.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Hunt for 'hit squad' with British passports accused of executing senior Hamas leader
Breaking: UK to Expel Israeli Diplomat Over Assassination

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is the second instance, of which I am aware, of an Israeli diplomat being kicked out of a host country after it was alleged that Israel forged passports linked to the Hamas leader assassination (the other being the UK, link to related thread is included in OP).

I am glad these guys are finally being held accountable for at least some of their actions. You can't just go around identifying yourself as another countries citizen when you most certainly are not especially when involved in such an act.

Also from the OP article:

"These investigations and advice have left the government in no doubt that Israel was responsible for the abuse and counterfeiting of these passports," he said.

Smith said this was not the first time that Israel had misused Australian passports, but he declined to comment on the other occasions.

"This is not what we expect from a nation with whom we have had such a close, supportive relationship," he said. "These are not the actions of a friend."

"The government takes this step much more in sorrow than in anger," he added.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Just wondering: These are the chosen of god?

It says in the good book v1.0 "by thier works shall ye know them"

They don't seem righteous to me.

join