It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costa Rica's Arenal volcano erupts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We have another one Erupt

COSTA Rica's Arenal volcano has erupted, spewing geysers of lava, ash and toxic gases from its crater and forcing the evacuation of the national park where it is located.
The 1633-metre-tall cone-shaped mountain in northern Costa Rica shuddered into activity at 4am this morning issuing eight successive rivers of lava that flowed down its steep slopes, National Volcanology and Seismology Observatory expert Elicer Duarte said.
He said nobody was at risk from the eruptions but authorities as a precaution evacuated the Arenal National Park, 80km north-east of San Jose.
The Arenal Volcano is one of Costa Rica's major tourist attractions and the park has scores of hotels, restaurants, nightclubs and shopping centres.
No estimates were given of how many people were inside the park when the eruption began.
Arenal's last major eruption in July 1968 killed 89 people. Smaller eruptions have occurred at least six times over the past 35 years.

Edit - Sorry here is the link - www.news.com.au...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by JaquVanCouger]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't see a link

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by warisover
I don't see a link

Here's a LINK

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Costa Rica regularly has eruptions.
When I actually spoke with relatives in CR they would tell me about the tremors and volcanoes erupting.

The earth is amazing.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
it seems like more and more volcano's are erupting and everything is basically happening in place for something to happen like 2012 but can this really be true...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by domenquebaker
it seems like more and more volcano's are erupting and everything is basically happening in place for something to happen like 2012 but can this really be true...

I would say: Live for today as if there is no tommorow.

While at the same time: Prepare for the future as if you would live to 100+

Enjoy every moment.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Interesting...within the past week there was some ATS member from northern England (perhaps Scotland) who said that he / she had a dream about an upcoming eruption and he / she posted it saying one would be recorded...kudos to them.

new topics

top topics

join