It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello from vienna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just wanted to say hello.

I live in Austria/Vienna, my interest here is alternative energy, ufo technology (don't care about ETs or CTs here very much) and everything related to information warefare & psyops (9/11, media & hoaxes)

Other than that I am into electronic music (own about 4K worth of gear) and math (number theory and relations to physics and computing)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kybertech

Austria - cool!

Welcome on ATS!

Have fun!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There is a lot here at ATS that should interest you. Get those first 20 posts out of the way so you can get out there making threads.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Hey now...

Other than that I am into electronic music (own about 4K worth of gear) and math (number theory and relations to physics and computing)

Have you ever thought of applying your math to your music, or vice-versa..?

Either way, enjoy ur time here and make sure to research before posting...it will add more to your contribution and prevent bickering - though the bickering is fun at times.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Hi kybertech, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Members Music Pod Casts

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

[edit on 24/5/2010 by Sauron]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
Have you ever thought of applying your math to your music, or vice-versa..?
Well, yes and no, finding a proof in calculus is similar to transpostions in invervals. see metamath.org. But rythm is somewhat unrelated.
I want to do the other way around for a long time, but there is no gear for that its really to bad because there is already a sound theory from euler about intervals & rythms based on rational numbers, very simple formula where you can calculate how "well" something sounds based on prime numbers. But midi works on irrational intervals (tempered tuning) and even pitch bend messages work that way.
Other than that memorizing the first few fibonacci and prime numbers helps alot in useing a step sequencer

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS friend! Your welcome to post on any thread you want.

top topics

join