It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Suicide: 8 Easy Steps to Sabotage A Nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is a speech given by former Colorado governor Richard Lamm at a convention in Washington D.C., dating back to 2005. Although half a decade has passed, his words are hard hitting and sobering. Considering the controversy surrounding the current immigration bills being proposed, I'd say this man's opinions are very relevant.

You dont have to agree with everything being said here, but at least read what this man said, and think for a moment.

Richard Lamm breaks down 8 easy ways a nation can cause itself to collapse.
Im sure in 2005 it sounded a little far fetched, but considering the recent events, I'm sure many of you will find this eerily on point.

I'd like to hear everyones thoughts on this, but please, lets keep it civil.

Here is his 2005 speech:

We know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado. In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week there was an immigration overpopulation conference in Washington , DC , filled to capacity by many of America 's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor by the name of Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, 'Mexifornia,' explaining how immigration - both legal and illegal was destroying the entire state of California . He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream.

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States . He said, 'If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America . It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.'' 'Here is how they do it,'

Lamm said:

'First, to destroy America , turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country... History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar, Seymour Lipset, put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy.' Canada , Belgium , Malaysia , and Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy , if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, Corsicans and Muslims.'

Lamm went on:

'Second, to destroy America , invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. Make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal; that there are no cultural differences. Make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due solely to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

'Third, we could make the United States an 'Hispanic Quebec ' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multi-ethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentricy and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.' Lamm said, 'I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America enforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities.'

'Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school.'

'My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology.' I would get all minorities to think that their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority.'

'My sixth plan for America 's downfall would include dual citizenship, and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precept. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games.. A common enemy, Persia , threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell. 'E. Pluribus Unum' -- From many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'Unum,' we will 'Balkanize' America as surely as Kosovo.'

'Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits. Make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate. Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multi-cultum, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America , it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them.' In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed.

Finally he said, 'Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book 'Mexifornia.' His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America .. If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book.'

There was no applause. A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Even barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity.' American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as corporations create a Third World in America Take note of California and other states. To date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book '1984.' In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: 'War is peace,' 'Freedom is slavery,' and 'Ignorance is strength.'

Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy is deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially The American Dream.

This can be verified here: Snopes

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ridiculous.

Canada has had struggle and turmoil because of bilingualism ... granted ... but failure? Not even close. In fact I would say it makes the country stronger.

It helps to keep Canada a nation of multiple political parties. Not the 2 party fiasco that is killing US politics. The Democrats and Republicans don't agree on ANYTHING. That's the game they play.

In Canada there are 4 or 5 parties that don't agree on anything. At the very least, there are more ideas on the table.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Almost like it was planned.

What the hell am I saying, it was planned. Just as the economic destruction was planned. Just as everything is planned.

Those that do not want to wake up, go stick your frelling heads in the sand. That is where they belong.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Star and Flag my friend
This is an excellent find.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

What the hell am I saying, it was planned. Just as the economic destruction was planned. Just as everything is planned.

Those that do not want to wake up, go stick your frelling heads in the sand. That is where they belong.

True, its kind of creepy though to see it so blatantly obvious.

Makes you wonder what else we'll find out...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Totally agree.
In the Marines we had a saying called the 6P rule: Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. This was well planned out.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Anyone who takes a brief moment to study the policies of the current and recent adminstrations can easily deduce that these people are not and have not been working in the best interest of the United States of America and it's people.

Ever find yourself wondering why our government seems to do so many blatant and obvious things that are counter productive and dangerous to the nation and our way of life?

It is because they are doing it on purpose.

This country has been sold out, and I don't know exactly who's agenda these people are working toward, but rest assured it aint our's. If you get the feeling that things are being done and policies are being implemented specifically to harm this country - you are correct.

And this current adminstration has taken political correctness and diversity and used the race angle to stifle all logical and even keeled debate on the matter. The race card has made it virtually tabboo to even approach the subject for fear of being labeled bigot and having your name and reputation destroyed.

I agree with the gentleman from Colorado wholeheartedly.

Edit spelling

[edit on 24-5-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Shouldn't Gov. Lamm's theory work at the state level also?

Here in the Land of Enchantment, New Mexico; Spanish speakers were here long, long before English speakers arrived. We are pretty much a bilingual state and we seem to be doing OK with no signs of destruction or cultural meltdown.

I personally love the multiculturalism very evident in New Mexico with the Native Americans, Hispanics and Anglos. We all get along pretty well together. My black friends from outside NM are astonished at the easy goin, live and let live, non bigoted lifestyle we enjoy here.

Here's break down of NM's demographics.
newmexico.usn.myareaguide.com...

Perhaps Gov. Lamm should have read this thread by Sdog.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Vaya Con Dios, Amigos

[edit on 26-5-2010 by whaaa]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Disgusting and Racist.

Time to grow up and get over the fact America is meant to be a multi cultural nation.

That's all I have to say about that.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I've had a theory slowly coagulating in my head for quite a while, and this thread has finally caused it all to fall into place.

Ever since the first Rothschild went into business in the 15th or 16th century, they've been financing wars, usually on both sides. They've financed the rise of various governmental systems from Napoleonic tyranny to Marxist/Leninist communism to Nazi fascism to British and American democracy. They've also financed the downfall of most of the governments that they've put into place.

Why have they done this? Simple. They want for every possible system of government to be seen to try and fail, so that when they finally come out of the shadows and take their place openly as the government of the whole world, they can say "Look at history. Everything that any nation has tried in the past has failed. You have nothing left. Our rule is the only way."

They will reinforce their rule by screwing everyone but the top layers of the elite out of their money so that the little people will not have the resources to rebel successfully. It's a year and a half away. The United States of America, Europe and Asia are on the way out. One more world war and then once the great disruption of 2012 is out of the way, they will emerge from their bunkers and consolidate rule over the vastly reduced population. In a thousand years, we will have as a people forgotten that there ever was any other form of rule.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Time to grow up and get over the fact America is meant to be a multi cultural nation.

Not to mention the fact that there will ALWAYS be translators.

You want more jobs? Support the translation industry!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Multiculturalism requires more and better love, that is for sure. America doesn't seem to have it lately with the Illuminati undermining her. The lower classes will be the first to suffer and the Illuminati seek to create class wars, national wars. international wars, and total perpetual war.

This is because they thrive off misqualified energy.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

That chilled me to the bone. Like something right out of a science fiction book. How can the poor ever rise above the insanity?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Loved this article. Some truly original thoughts about what's happening to the country, far more so than what I'll ever get from a TV.

But here's some observations about the directions of this thread...
whaaa said this...

Spanish speakers were here long, long before English speakers arrived. We are pretty much a bilingual state and we seem to be doing OK with no signs of destruction or cultural meltdown.

And GorehoundLarry Had these deep thoughts, to contribute towards the spirit of free debate...

Disgusting and Racist.

Whatever, "pink" and "blue" is all I have to say.

Meanwhile...
But when we ask who is responsible, for making people feel ashamed to critisise immigration (at a time when it, public unemployment, and local discontent) is all rising and suffering from bad finachial, managment, warpcrafter, and Night Star go and blame some mysterious Rothschild Family.
They're part of the problem, I'm sure. But isn't the real enermy the mindless PC "thoughts" posted on this Forum? I.e. That centrally promototed, pre-scripted, mass accepted, TV-private media, ideology, that been pumped into Almost every American home.

The rich and powerful are responsible too, but often they've been "misguided" by whichever political force, happens to be dominant, across the two party system.
At the end of the day, all we need to is subtly influence those we disagree with. It's nobody's fault that they swallow enermy propaganda, because few people have wished to be in the wrong.

I've noticed changes on ATS, and across as society as a whole. So we can promote ideas-politics, and therefore promote a wider change, directed for the good of us all.
I just advise others to do it carefully; I'd say it's better to have a job than to e.g. loose it for saying something unpolitically correct. On the other hand its better to think freely, than start "editing-restricting" you're thoughts, that could only make peoples, brains, more stupid (-easyier to control!).

new topics

top topics

join