It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show me the non existance of dragons!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
How can everyone say that dragons don't exist? What supports these claims? There must surely be evidence to back up these peoples claims. Please be so kind as to share this with me.

+7 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Proving a negative is impossible.

Show me the proof that unicorns dont exist...
show me the proof that bigfoot doesnt exist....
show me the proof that fairies dont exist....

I guess it turns out that every single thing ever imagined is real, becuse it cant be proven otherwise....

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A quick look in any direction and not seeing giant flying fire breathing lizards is probably the best evidence that they dont exist. This works wherever you are in the world by the way

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
How much of this earth has been expored, do you think?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Some flying dinosaurs did resemble dragonlike creatures and I dont think they found or talk bout them all. Now wether they spit hot fluid or flammable liquids or acids is another question.

[edit on 5/24/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
How can people say that god don't exist? What supports these claims? There must surely be evidence to back up these peoples claims. Please be so kind as to share this with me.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragiero
How can everyone say that dragons don't exist? What supports these claims? There must surely be evidence to back up these peoples claims. Please be so kind as to share this with me.

Here you go - there are no dragons!

Now you show me that there are.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

How much of this earth has been expored, do you think?

Again, I can use this argument for anything. "We haven't explored every inch of the earth, therefore must exist. "

This is the most ludicrous way to go about things imaginable. Only positives can be proven. Negatives never can.

link   
Is this a parody of "prove god doesn't exist" threads? That aside, proving a negative is a logical fallacy I believe, not to mention that the people responsible for proving anything would be the people who believe in it in the first place. If you can't prove the existence of something, then it probably doesn't exist.

link   
I've got one in my garage. want to come and see it?

www.godlessgeeks.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Someone simply saying that there are no dragons doesn't mean that there aren't any dragons.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Someone simply saying that there are no dragons doesn't mean that there aren't any dragons.

All I have to say is that I really hope you have a point behind this and arent really this naive.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragiero

Well actually, like others said a negative requires no proof. You cannot prove an absence of something. You must prove a positive, or in this case an existance of something.

So, saying that dragons don't exist is proof enough unless you can prove a positive and bring forward proof that they do. The same thing applies other topics, which I won't get into.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Have you ever seen a dragon?

Can find a photo of one on the internet? Are there any scientists that claim to have unearthed dragon bones or skeletons?

If no, then for all intensive purposes, as far as we know, Dragons don't exist.

Not in this day and age anyway. Trust me, if they did exist, we would have found one, or seen one.

You ask how much of the earth is explored, on land almost all of it, what's not explored is currently being burned down and explored.

There is no way that GIANT FLYING creatures would remain hidden...

So like I said, right now, they don't exist, because there is no physical evidence to say they do. And like other's explained to your already, you can't prove a negative.

~Keeper

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

To your post title:

No

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragiero

I don't think you're catching it.

Saying "Critter X exists" and then challenging someone to prove that it doesn't is horrible logic. Remember a few posts ago when you were told that you can't prove negatives?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Every year there are many, many thousands of reported sightings of dragons whether they are on these sights or elsewhere? How many of them do you think are lying?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Every year there are many, many thousands of reported sightings of dragons whether they are on these sights or elsewhere? How many of them do you think are lying?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Ummmm, those are airplanes....

seriously, WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Post a link to a story about somebody spotting a dragon.

Please.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join