It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traders - get ready to buy tomarrow afternoon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Level II traders.... check out the big boys up ticking from the broader market... we are being stabalized around 2% decline..

Looking at CAT shaping up.
yea, the big boy stocks are looking real good.
pay attention to XLF once you see it come off the lows - the volume will pick up.

10:04 Bloomberg - lessoned the tension with a bright spot that moved the markets 10 points... and it evaporated as fast as the story.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What is this chart of BTW ? It should be indicated.

The DOW Index ? Dow index options ? Euro/USD ?

If you have a cross of a major moving average, you also have a high probability of approximately 80% that that general trend in the direction of said cross will remain in place.

Looking for a reversal in the prevailing trend based upon the bottoming of a stochastic indicator only is somewhat risky.

Because in a trending market, it can remain on the bottom for sometime without ever indicating a reversal.

Remember , the trend is your friend.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
yea, but that is why you look at all the bases before putting your hard earned money on the line.... if you chart the ETF's you see the patterns of the broader markets - for stocks to go up banks need to rally -
ok, then you look at the currency charts
ok, then the metals, oils, technology etc... and you form an opinion
and based on that opinion what is the most likely outcome.
its like instrument flying if your a pilot - you have to trust your guages.
and that comes with experience and well its the same thing as when your in a grocery store - which product fits your budget and need.
you just change your need from food to money.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
10:34 AM
bloomberg is using the double dip scare - and I am seeing firming of the markets for a controlled spike down.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
got a fill on FRE, still waiting for fill @.87 on FNM.

and notice the tone of the markets are shifting to less bearish and more
leveling.... Now we get the news that will take us higher, me thinks somewhere around 2:30 - 2:45 area... so pay attention...

and notice we are 1.75% down.... under 2%
and 10 yr. has firmed around 11AM
XLF is climbing back from the open...

it sure looks like a rally set up to me.... at 12:34PM

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
ok, we are at 14:30PM,
the markets are off their lows.
nothing positive as of yet to rally off of.

*** 14:51 nothing - no news - but the markets are creeping up.
maybe a rally into the close..... we are waiting for something -
notice the news stories seem to be re-runs, we are waiting for
breaking news - good - good news to break the trend.
after all the charts are saying catch this falling knife and well
so far everything is shaping up to do as the charts say.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It looks like the W pattern is breaking down, so here we go, or atleast that is what the charts are saying (SPX). we did not get any report to rally off of. still 45 mins to go... well at least I got one good fill.

the ETF's look ready to rally, the SPX broke the W pattern and looks like it will not close above the 200 day. so we will pay closer attention to 1045 area on the S&P... lots of support down there.

4:33PM, well wasn't exactly as I hoped for, but the markets - came back into the close... so sort of like a key reversal without the key reversal...
I still see higher markets from here... so lets wait and see, my shopping list of 12 buys, only 1 got filled... FRE and I have a about 50 - 50 of getting filled on FNM... it was using .88cents for support not the typical .87cents... but it aint moving fast - so I will just wait till I get it at my price.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
A&E's Called the Markets to bottom yesterday, after reviewing the various indicaters, my original claim appears to be correct - it just didnt happen in a typical way, but the charts did correct themselves overnight as you can
see... the second leg of the W came back up to leave the W in Play.
(they do this to scamble the novice software trader. I use my brain as computers have a hard time with graphic understanding.

So, I will be doing a point by point just like yesterday...
in an effort to shine light on this media, money - government working together to part you from your cash. (your money 401K - brokerage - blind retail trader)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
So where are all the posters that poo poo'd me as usual - they cant handle the truth. but they sure throw monkey wrenches into truth - and I guess that is my main draw to ATS - the critic's - or Agents

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Well, to be honest, your "W" looks more like an "h"...

We have yet to see anything "sling shot the markets back to where they should be" (your prediction), and when it comes to "where they should be" that's quite a subjective "should" in there. Many still feel the markets aren't done with their descent.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

ah, do you see the W forming, yes(?) ok, now either wait for it to happen or go back and look at what happens when a W forms under the 200 day moving average...OK - see a pattern... yes .... does the W mean a slingshot... hummm, answer your own question, ok.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
your constantly looking for hard answers, dont - because by the time your have the FACT - you just lost a huge percentage of the move.
and every time someone tells you they know where the market is going - is only looking at the trend, and usually that person buys after 20% price increase - in which, someone will want to take a 20% profit ... and so on...
you just got to know what to look for... FOLLOW THE MONEY it leaves a trail to where you need to be. Flying a Plane using instruments is about as close as it gets to making money in the markets.. and the signals are mostly graphic (pictures) of the future. when everyone is convinced of something - well, limings come to mind.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
an example of understanding the market speak....

Durable Goods Orders this morning climbed - good right...? well not so fast. they also said Transports were down.

Did you catch the important information....?
NO - ok, well in Market Speak, if durable goods orders are increasing and shipping those goods is decreasing - that means orders filled but not shipped. AKA Inventory Build -|- Layoffs Coming. (or Bull *hit Rally)
so expect the 200 day moving average to be where they will turn the markets back down to resume the decline. so dont get all giddy on catching this temp - bottom.

just a little experience nothing more - I will add this to my knowledge base. as to the things that make the markets move. remember they are rigged.
and I am just exposing thier conspiracy against you ... and I have not met that bar just yet. so bear with me. I know what I'm doing - I just wish all of you knew, what I know.

* I pick where I buy -
* I put a stop just under the buy as insurance (no more than 5%)
* and I will not chase anything - it comes to me or I pass...
* with understanding comes confidence, with confidence comes money, as money comes you gain experience, with experience you have understanding.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
11:26 Bloomberg - confirmed the durable goods orders information released earlier - they put an excited trader on about his call for a
double dip ression with inflation... ah~! ok, when they tell you the truth its from a fruity spokesperson, so you give it less weight to when they put a 3,000$ suit on a pig that says words that you like. now you become mentally jaded. turn the box off until you know whats coming without listening to the box tell you what just happend - when its too late to use.

*oh, the reason I listen to bloomberg is because I do get good information before the action in most cases they report the street talk. where as CNBC is more of a manipulating channel - its like they are using information to make money with of something. if they tell you to buy - look at the daily stochastic and the weekly stochastic it should be on the bottom curling up if he is any good... so verify information is a big thing that comes with experience - just like looking at all the indices and sectors and currency, metals - oils - miners ... and depending on your time frame selection you form an opinion of where the markets are, you also know where the extremes of the market are - you know where the money is flowing towards. you wil see like Tech down, BioMedical up, on a down day - that tells you to look at that stock as money is flowing into it - money in stock up. its that simple. has nothing to do with anything they are talking about - its all about what that corp is going to do with the money - R&D means 24months before reward, increase footprint means new locations with mean cash flow. etc. etc. you just need to understand what the stuff means, just a different way of processing the same information.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
1212: PM the only thing that is noticibly absent is forward momentum the market appears to be stalled right here - the market talk is bullish, and the market stocks appear to be softening ... we are above 1080 S&P prior support if it holds tonight then that a very good sign. if we close below - look out below. it may even break before the closing bell today.

anaysis: we are waiting on somewhat good news -or- very bad news.
and mums the word, the markets think its good news but they are not sure. is how I'm reading it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well Anti-Evil, I guess you realize that you are just a young pup that is still learning about the stock market. That's okay. All of us old dogs have been there and done all of that stuff already years ago, if not decades ago. We found out the stochastic charts and all of that other fabulous garbage is nothing but garbage.

All you have to do is look at the true economic indicators and you will know what the markets are really going to do. The real economic indicators are right on the front page of most newspapers. Its also in the headlines here on ATS.

Right now the economic indicators on both fronts have bad news about weakening of currencies and BP destroying our ecology and peoples livelyhoods that depend on those ecologies.

Until the oil is stopped ruining our back yard pool, the Gulf of Mexico, then I'd bet stocks over all will continue to fall. When the oil leak is fixed, then there may be a recovery of stocks, but it will be a slow recovery; and the recovery will mimic the length of time the oil spills. The longer the oil spills, the longer it will take for stocks to start going up after the oil leak is stopped.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

the market players/traders are all still on their hyper-ventelation High,
after the lawmakers defeted the proposal that the banks stop operating their derivatives windows...

it seems ALL the "steal-the-shirt-off-your-back" options that are at the disposal of the market-makers/primary-dealers
are still operational (not declared illegal), the naked shorts are still fair game, the forward trading practices (unethical at least) are still the status-quo...

so the inmates are still running the Asylum !
aided & abeted by ~our lawmakers~ most bought-&-packaged by the Lobbysts of certain financial power houses,
-->> don't think that the FED or Treas. do not use 'Lobbysts'
as much as private equity groups or banker elites !!

the temporary 'floor' is here...only because the masses have not demanded heads-to-roLL ...just yet

& the swarmy elites/brokers/fast traders/gamers/et al
think they have the masses over the barrel

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Good calls, Anti-Evil.

Market is up big today but it will seek equilibrium and go down again as that's the trend.

I'm not a sophisticated investor but fortunately I've been bitten slightly less than I've won. I wish I didn't keep missing so many long and short opportunities.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i dont play the stock market but love to hear what everyone is thinking. please keep it rolling.

Thanks,

Camaro

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join