It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd Booos Commencement Speaker Who Criticized Arizona Law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Palin is no conservative.
But wait, if the media says she is, and she says she is, she must be!
What is a TEA Partier? Is Palin TEA Party?
No.
But wait, if the media....

That is the problem with labels. They really don't mean anything, because a powerful group will adopt it and turn it into something like cow manure. Except cow manure can be useful in gardening.

These students booed, but they should have WALKED OUT. That would have gotten the point across with more class.
So to speak.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Ohhhhhhhh ..... it's against the T&c ... gotcha..

I'll just take your word for it.. but skimming through the pages and I don't see to many people siding with the campus police or the ambassador.. I don't see anyone in this thread thus far specifically, and I myself did not post in the thread (I support the students, their religious beliefs aside.. which I assume because they are darker skinned you believe are Muslim) ..... so again.. why are you trying to go down this route?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
C'mon, that's against ATS policy and you know it.

Is enlightenment against ATS policy?

No but calling members out on the board is.

Like RP knows. That was meant to be a lesson. That's what you DON'T do.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I'm glad this Progressive piece of trash got boo'd .. at a University I find it surprising, she had 4 years to brainwash those kids at any rate.

It got me to thinking, this toon had 4 years to brainwash these graduates. Yet from the response given to her, they showed no signs of being brainwashed. That means that somewhere at that university, there is someone who is getting the opposite message across to these young adults. It could be their parents, otther teachers who have read the laws, or these brave souls who take the evidence for what it is & not manipulated for what it could be.

Hats of these noble minds, they have a bright future ahead of them as they stick to their principles.

See, the thing is there are still many many many professors in universities teaching the students to think. They are teaching to look over everything, doubt it a bit, question what is given to them and to not just take what is told to them as the word.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You are correct sir it is wrong to silence a voice however, it is wrong to FORCE your opinion upon my ears. These students were hostages to the speech; otherwise they could have exercised their rights to not be spewed with crap and got up and left. But this could have jeopardized their getting their hard worked for diploma. This is why they, "The Majority" exorcized their rights and were asked to be silent.
If you want to exorcize your right to assemble then make your own assembly and don’t spring board off of someone else’s.
Students 1 Teachers 0.
Good game though.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

You either have to be an ultra liberal, America hating, communist sympathizing, race card playing eco-terrorist diversi-tard or a bigoted, war mongering, flag waving, Jesus loving, evolution denying, bible thumping nazi-con.

The thing with what you say regarding the extremes, they are not portrayed equally. The left extreme is given the most passes on coverage as where the right extreme is given the utmost of coverage.

I don't belong to either extremes, I consider myself more right of center. I do value my gun rights, my freedom to practice the religion I believe in, smaller government that should be focused on security and not taking over industries, & I am an ardent supporter of Immigration enforcement. My support for immigration is not based on being a kilingon, permethian, rakhari, etc etc. or bigoted in what color of the spectrum you are.

Its individuals that come in here to repeat the talking points of racial profiling that are bigoted as that is all they want. They want to continue the racial divide, when there is no such thing.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Who decides what is "crap"? Who decides for the students what is "crap"? Maybe they would like to make up their own minds and not listen to "crap" at all. Including some of the "crap" here.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Who decides what is "crap"? Who decides for the students what is "crap"? Maybe they would like to make up their own minds and not listen to "crap" at all. Including some of the "crap" here.

You can decide to stay out of what you consider crap, no one is forcing anything on you.

As far as the "crap" the students/audience lashed out against, there were no teleprompters there to coordinate that effort...it was a random response of unity against ignornance.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by g146541

Damn good question. It seems when someone is against this law everything they say is crap. I'm not against the law, but I don't mind if someone is and they do have a right to say that. I'm not going to call them a moron anymore than I call most of the people harping on the II subject here morons (I don't remember ever doing that). I will refute the points when I feel they must be refuted, but that is all. People need to remember we are human beings, as such we should act civil. If you don't agree, well you'll get over it,

As for the venue, it's up to the school to decide if that's appropriate. If they were ok with the speech then there is no more to say about it. The kids can boo if they want. I don't do such things because I think it's rude, but that's just me.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

...it was a random response of unity against ignornance.

Where you watching the same video as I was? After the mention of the AZ Act, the audience pretty much successfully shouted down the booers. I only saw "unity" for about 20 sec. Secondly if you want to go there, the film was taken from the side, right side to be exact. Did you notice the whole auditorium at the end? The PARENTS were in the bowl. The students were on the surface. One could go so far as to say, "Thank Dad, for ruining my graduation. Happy?"

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

As for the venue, it's up to the school to decide if that's appropriate. If they were ok with the speech then there is no more to say about it. The kids can boo if they want. I don't do such things because I think it's rude, but that's just me.

The speeches are not screened for content, a speaker pretty much has a free reign on what they can say at the podium with some general guidelines about not offending race or religion.

A dose of reality was served at this ceremony, something that this speaker might remember for the rest of her life or just forget about as soon as she leaves the premises.

Booing is not a violation of any rights, yes it is rude..but what is more rude is to spew ignorance without knowing the facts, especially when you are a professor who is suppose to represent a higher education institution.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The speeches are not screened for content, a speaker pretty much has a free reign on what they can say at the podium with some general guidelines about not offending race or religion.

As I said, if the school has a problem with it they can punish her for it.

Booing is not a violation of any rights, yes it is rude..but what is more rude is to spew ignorance without knowing the facts, especially when you are a professor who is suppose to represent a higher education institution.

I never said booing was a violation of anyone's rights. As for it being ignorant-Says who? You. Why? Because you don't agree with it. At the end of the day you are arguing a subjective value. It's how she views it and that's not ignorance. That's opinion. That's her right.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

...it was a random response of unity against ignornance.

Where you watching the same video as I was? After the mention of the AZ Act, the audience pretty much successfully shouted down the booers. I only saw "unity" for about 20 sec.

I woud sugest watching it again at these time points from :45 secs to :59secs. At that time she made the first ignorant remark. And a unity of response follows.

Secondly if you want to go there, the film was taken from the side, right side to be exact. Did you notice the whole auditorium at the end?

Did you read my post where you quoted me? I clearly stated students/audience members.

One could go so far as to say, "Thank Dad, for ruining my graduation. Happy?"

That is one view point from someone who was not there, and another view point from some one who was not there would "Thanks MoM and DaD, we stood up to ignorance today after 4 years of brainwashing."

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
"This is AMURRRRRIKKKA!!"

This Bill is repulsive and the supporters of it have proven to be nationalist, brainwashed morons.

Much props and respect to the professor and to MANY others who oppose this disgrace of a Bill.

That's all. Have fun with this thread.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

As for it being ignorant-Says who? You. Why? Because you don't agree with it. At the end of the day you are arguing a subjective value. It's how she views it and that's not ignorance. That's opinion. That's her right.

What would you call individuals who do need read the text at hand but continue to rail against the text they are referring to?

I would call that ignorant or Opinions based on ignorance. Such as those of the POTUS and the Tools in his administration.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

That is one view point from someone who was not there, and another view point from some one who was not there would "Thanks MoM and DaD, we stood up to ignorance today after 4 years of brainwashing."

Nice huh? That really works. 4 hard years put in and yes I went to university, this is his time. Maybe he put himself through school. That means the parents didn't even help monetarily but that's OK, ruin HIS/HER day anyways. Sounds rather selfish to me. But then again, so is booing someone that's using their 1st Amendment rights.

I would go so far as to say, 4 years of brainwashing comes out with age. Unfortunately a lifetime of programming can not. As is evident here.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

What would you call individuals who do need read the text at hand but continue to rail against the text they are referring to?

I would call that ignorant or Opinions based on ignorance. Such as those of the POTUS and the Tools in his administration.

Hey if they read and and don't agree with it that's their right. Different strokes for different folks. Variety makes the world go round, all that jazz. Simply because they don't agree with you does not make them ignorant, sub human, slobbering morons.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The whole point here is this:

She had every right to include her opinion in her speech that was addressing a group of college graduates (not sure what the AZ law had to do with anything relative to the occassion...but oh well a soap box is a soap box)

She exercised her right as a free American to give her opinion. Her choice.

The crowd also exercised it's right to tell her what they thought of her opinion, and did so in a clear and overwhelmingly concise manner. Their choice.

There you have it, democracy in action, both equally protected under the right to free speech. What exactly is the problem?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
great another useless immigration post, why the hell do you people keep posting what is essentially on the news? this isn't a conspiracy

I also bet if the situation was reversed, you'd be "outraged" at the "indoctrination" happening at these "liberal colleges". If a group of students boo'd someone for speaking out for the bill, they wouldn't be these "intelligent, free thinking heroes" that you make them out to be, they'd be "obamadrones" or "illegal immigrant sympathizers" or whatever dumb label you have for whomever doesn't think like you.

edit: this isn't directed at you personally but rather you, everyone else who posts useless information, and the band wagon hoppers who star and flag this nonsense.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by piddles]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hey if they read and and don't agree with it that's their right. Different strokes for different folks. Variety makes the world go round, all that jazz. Simply because they don't agree with you does not make them ignorant, sub human, slobbering morons.

You failed to answer my question regarding people such as the POTUS and other tools in his administration who admitted to not reading the laws but still continue to claim racial profiling? Is that considered ignorance. Once you answer the obvious question, you would have answered as to why she was boo'd.

I am surprised you haven't pulled out any wikipedia number or made up some bogus numbers in your posts in this thread. Or are you working on some? /sarcasm

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join