It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd Booos Commencement Speaker Who Criticized Arizona Law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Are you going to compare what was stated in that thread to how Coulter was treated by students & faculty that did not let her speak. I don't agree with coulter but to compare outright ignorance of stated laws with the religious fights in the thread you posted is of no value.

Conservatives values have always allowed free thinking, not drown it out. The speaker here was a talking point propaganda tool who had not read the laws her self and was bood for ignoring the facts.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Are you going to compare what was stated in that thread to how Coulter was treated by students & faculty that did not let her speak. I don't agree with coulter but to compare outright ignorance of stated laws with the religious fights in the thread you posted is of no value.

Nope, got the wrong thread. I meant the Muslim STUDENTS(same thing here) that were thrown out for booing the Israeli ambassador. Seemed OK to many members here at the time. Now it's not? Hmm.

Conservatives values have always allowed free thinking, not drown it out. The speaker here was a talking point propaganda tool who had not read the laws her self and was bood for ignoring the facts.

Do you realize what an oxy moron that is. You support free speech as long as the message is what you want to hear. Sorry, that's not free speech.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

OK, no bones then. I see hypocrisy on this board. One day something is wrong because the topical person is Person X and then down the road it's OK because the topical person is Person Y.

I agree.. but I would NEVER infringe on someones right to speak. Doesn't mean I have to agree with their message. And it certainly doesn't mean I'm not going to voice my opinion. This professor is a tool, I despise her because I have had to sit with her kind lecturing unrelated political BS to classes while silencing any opposition to their views. The Professors I hold the most respect for are those that keep politics OUTSIDE of the college.. who teach their subject and don't venture into the Progressive wonderland of Political Utopia. She is shameful because she uses her position as a pedestal to insert her political beliefs on unsuspecting and naive minds, even at a commencement speech where these people should be celebrating their degrees, she throws completely unrelated political crap at them, expecting everyone to parrot her beliefs because she has spent to much time in her class, where she is master and no one speaks against her.

And if you want the truth RP, yes, I see the conservative doing this much more. Sorry, I'm not going to lie to save feelings.

That's fine, I don't want you to save feelings, say what you mean and mean what you say my friend.

I personally see Liberals and Progressives doing this more and more often.. but I believe it comes down to either side silencing those who oppose them.. In the case of the Israeli ambassador, it's highly unlikely he's conservative, Jews tend to be Liberal, while Muslims are actually far more often conservative. Then again, as I've stated, I spent to much time being lectured by domineering abusive Progressive professors.. soo .. lol

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You do realize booing is not infringing someones speech right? .. that booing is in fact a form of free speech?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I love how the first few words the person mentions in the speech about Civic duty and what not, like she knows what she talking about.

I just find it funny when people use words they don't know the meanings too.

Hmm...kind of makes the whole speech pointless.

I find it funny how people can get more riled up over fake political bull$hit then what really matters, like the food chain being effected by the oil spill.

But please lets continue to argue over a meaningless subject...

We are all human beings we all need to work together and stop fighting amongst ourselves. United we stand divided we fall.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Quickfix]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Do you realize what an oxy moron that is. You support free speech as long as the message is what you want to hear. Sorry, that's not free speech.

May I ask you if you believe those students that bood this propaganda tool to be conservatists just because they voiced their thought?

Free speech was allowed, if you would watch the video you might ascertain that.

I just find it ridiculous that a religous feud is being compared to denying ignorance. Really?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
the funny thing is that people still call the law racist, but i havent met a person yet who agrees, white black or hispanic. we see through this, obama i thought you were smart, smarter then this at least. the thing is healthcares bribe to the poor isnt going to work either. hispanics came here not to be bribed by their dictators (like in their home country), rather they came here to be wealthy middle class capitalists. no thank you obama.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

True, I would gather many are most likely Democrats or left of center.. I don't usually see many moderates, left of center, or working class Democrats supporting illegal immigration .. only Progressives, the far left fringe of Democratic party. I believe in most polls its 60%+ that are against illegal immigration.

And the whole "Republican/Democrat" divide is a bunch of crap anyways.. Bush wanted to give everyone Amnesty, as does Obama.. what the hells the difference? Both parties LOVE cheap labor, it helps their business pals. This country is seriously messed up .. simply because no one cares about anyone but themselves.

What is a country with no borders or sovereignty?

link   
its also hard to keep pushing the race card on republicans as well, right now they have a cuban republican senator running in florida, and indian governor in louisiana, an african american chairman and an asian american congressman just took hawaii, cant get more diverse then that,

link   
I would also wager to say that there are as many if not more Democrats out here who support the AZ law than there are those who oppose it.

This whole thing isn't about liberal agenda versus conservative agenda, it is about the well being and the survival of our country and it's LEGAL citizens.

Calling these kids conservatives just because they booed the propaganda this she-beast was blathering does not tell the entire truth. If 80% of Americans support the law, then by default I would estimate a large number of those folks are Democrat, Libertarian, Independants and everything in between.

You dont have to be politically conservative to see the dangers of unchecked illegal immigration, you just have to have two eyes, two ears and a functioning brain.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

hey maybe your opening my eyes too, for once we might have a bipartisan issue we can agree on right?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

I would also wager to say that there are as many if not more Democrats out here who support the AZ law than there are those who oppose it.

If someone takes you on your wager, sir you will win. Every month when polls are taken to see where the country is headed on the recent immigration laws by Arizona....every month approval for the law has risen.

Pew poll for May5-6 showed 73% approavl nationwide alone. That is Nation Wide, not Arizona but the entire USA. The support for this is coss party, cross race, & cross classes.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

In my mind anyone who would choose to toe a party line on ANY subject when it stands against their personal values and beliefs is a coward and a fool.

The partisan crap is created by the talking heads in the media and the bloodsuckers who are chasing your vote.

I believe in using common sense when determining stance on an issue, something that is in short supply in this current political age.

If the Democrats stood up tomorrow and proposed a platform that I felt would help my country and was something I could stand behind, I would gladly wear a donkey on my shirt and vote straight D's on election day.

Pretty sure that will never happen, but just saying IF

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
"FOR THE CHILDREN"
"FOR THE CHILDREN"
"FOR THE CHILDREN"

There, now I've said it too. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing these folks ramble on how it is the innocent children who are going to be hurt by this law since their education is now in jeopardy.

Another lib prof who hasn't read the law.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

You do realize booing is not infringing someones speech right? .. that booing is in fact a form of free speech?

Indeed and I agree. BUT why is it OK for these people(not sure they're students) to be allowed to continue to boo, (and one guy says, "Cut your hair....... bitch.) and the Muslim students are not. And the prevailing attitude here was "screw em." Like I said, I guess it all depends on who who's 1st Amendments rights we talk about here and damn it, yes, it's hypocrisy.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by intrepid]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I used to be a democrat and I now consider myself an Independent voter. I thought I was part of a party that welcomed an immigrant like me because I am free thinker and do not like to judge people based on their skin but the qualities that make them a person. All throught my schooling and college years I was tought to hate the GOP as they anti immigrant & do not like to see the success of those minority races.

I got a rude awakening at the polls last election when I was called a racist because I was joking around with a GOP candidate about voting for him, when actually I was not going too. For me to be called a racist was pretty big deal to me as many around me know me for my reach to help in volunteer programs. Over the years I started noticing how much the party I belonged to became a bastion of hatred & division.

Even more appaling was when I attended TPM rallies and then came home to watch certain media outlets & their blatant exaggerations.

I myself an immigrant who came here legally with my parents support tougher immigration laws. I would like for people to be chosen for citizenship based on their skills to provide, not their apathy to leech & produce.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

If we are playing your game, we might as well play it right.

Please cross reference every single person in this thread supporting the "booers" that was also against the "Muslim booers".

When you come up with this list and post the names (mine included if im guilty), I will in turn eat my hat.

If you cannot do this.. then you simply lacked argument, and are using a straw man tactic to refute the opinions of those in this thread on baseless accusations.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

C'mon, that's against ATS policy and you know it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I consider myself to be a Libertarian and I sway toward being more or less an Independant.

The problem with the two major parties is that the moderates usually make the most sense, yet are the ones who get drowned out and lost in the sea of mentally ill extremists.

You either have to be an ultra liberal, America hating, communist sympathizing, race card playing eco-terrorist diversi-tard or a bigoted, war mongering, flag waving, Jesus loving, evolution denying, bible thumping nazi-con. There is very little room for moderation in either camp, and they are equally idiotic and counter productive to our society.

Surely for the rest of the sensible folks out here there must be a better option. The two party system is a train wreck.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by Rockpuck

C'mon, that's against ATS policy and you know it.

Is enlightenment against ATS policy?

This thread has nothing to with religous feuds, but ignorance of those continue to avoid reading the actual Immigration Laws enacted and those present before.

California has laws on its books that are more broader than Arizona Laws, but we all know California is Dazed & Confused when it comes to enforcing anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join