It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOST - What did it all mean?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

For me, this is 'Matrix Revolutions' all over again.

Spot on...

People can think whatever they want but the writers chose not to clearer explain what the island was about... there are hundreds of unanswered questions... What is the Island? Where did Jacob and his smoke brother originate? Why was Penny at the church at the end? Why only some of the people who died on the island were at the church (no Echo)

For me... the writers have finished the story in this way not because, as the fans seem to believe, of some fantastic artistry and imagination... But simply because they did not know!

They have made this up as they go along and, like the matrix, they simply hit a wall with regards to finishing the story.

The problem all along is that it was not a case of the writers having a brilliant story that they wanted to share... it was a case of us (the viewers) needing a brilliant story and the writers trying to feed us by making one up... sadly they ran out of feed!

It kinda reminds me of a game we used to play in primary school where one kid would start the first line of a story and then pass it to another kid who would write the next line... this would continue until we had what looked like a story... It was always an interesting journey but inevitably had a flat finale as the kids struggled to think up an ending!

However... it’s just a show... it’s been interesting watching the writers come up with new ideas every week to keep us tuning in.

Different people will take different things from it... The more open minded and spiritual people will be satisfied that the show has ended well because they have faith in the writers and will use their imagination to fill in the gaps and claim that this is deliberate brilliance from the writers... The more scientific and factual people will be left demanding answers and wanting to know the exact science behind the Island... Some will fall in the middle...

Personally i am frustrated... i don’t want to have to log onto fan sites to try and find out what the hell happened only to end up having to except the fans opinion that most makes sense to me... I wanted definitive answers to all of the questions that have been planted in my head for the last 6 seasons!

I did say to my wife, way back in season 1, that this show would leave me frustrated by never truly answering all of the questions, and for me, this has proved correct.

The show has had some great actors and performances... some great characters and personal story’s, sub plot, action, romance etc... Overall its been interesting and entertaining, but also frustrating!

Just my opinion

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Muckster]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

They have made this up as they go along and, like the matrix, they simply hit a wall with regards to finishing the story.

The problem all along is that it was not a case of the writers having a brilliant story that they wanted to share... it was a case of us (the viewers) needing a brilliant story and the writers trying to feed us by making one up... sadly they ran out of feed!

I think that's all probably true.

Earlier, in interviews, the writers originally claimed they were going to have the island be purgatory, but then later said no, it wasn't.

In addition, they couldn't have the island be some kind of "not real" dream or something, as other series have done that to death.

So, they compromised....the island's events were "real", but the sideways universe was the true purgatory. So, in essence, they told the truth, but really stuck with the original plan, just in a roundabout way...

Overall, I'm a little disappointed, but truly, I'm not sure how they could have devised an ending that would work for all...

I think Jacob and MIB were representatives of their respective powers (light and dark, from whichever religion you want to represent)...and the castaways were simply pawns used to play a game between the two of them, much like the game washed ashore, so did the opportunity with the flight passengers.

The main story seems to be about one man's redemption (Jack's), but with other examples to reinforce this (the other characters)....

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
"You are everybody."

That's what did it for me, Charlie and his song. It was an issue early on in the episodes.

Everybody was there, yet, nobody was.

Everyone weaves a fabric in time, through existance, all interwoven. That is why you see people from all different time eras, flash forwards, sideways, whatever.

We all mean something to each other, at one point or another, and are all related, somehow.

The light, to me, means they all saw that, and could finally realize it.

Everyone is everybody.

They are you and me.

I thought the ending was brilliant!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
A test before you get to go to heaven, a chance to redeem yourself, chance to let things go, a good look at yourself in a mirror, a chance to prove you could be good, a look at Karma, fate, destiny, a good look at ying/yang, positive negative and good/evil.

It was all a big learning experience for us and the characters.

That was lost for me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join