It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reaping what you sow... Rep. Moran (MA) injured in car crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
www.americanthinker.com... _rep_in_m.html

State Rep. Mike Moran of Brighton was rear-ended by a suspected illegal immigrant this week. The suspect was wearing a Mexican costume at the time of the crash where he slammed into Moran at 60 mph. The suspect, 27-year-old Isaias Naranjo, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, leaving the scene of an accident and driving without a valid license. According to the report, when told of the serious charges he would be facing, he just laughed.

Other link:

My Fox Boston

Do you think that stories like this will help end sanctuary states/cities?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Although I am completely against illegal immigration, I think it's stories like these that actually hurt our cause.

The guy that rear-ended him was drunk.

This is more about drunk-driving than being illegal. The only part of this story that pertains to illegal aliens is what happens next.

Will he merely be released after calling ICE and their unwillingness to actually have him deported?

Will he simply sit in a US jail on taxpayer money until someone can figure out what red tape needs to be cut to actually do something with him?

Who knows what will really end up happening?

I have a feeling this will never be heard about again once people get past the initial attention-grabbing headline of: illegal immigrant.

Also, as a side note, what the heck is "Mexican costume" supposed to infer?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The point is that illegals do not interact with the criminal justice system in the same way citizens do. Illegals expect not be charged for drunk driving, the cops expect not to report it, etc.

Karma.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
He was drunk driving...put him in jail. And I have no problem with checking peoples legal status AFTER they have been arrested for something else...so if he is illegal and the check his status...fine...deport him.

I can't get over this though:

The suspect was wearing a Mexican costume at the time of the crash

*snip* is that?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The costume could have been one of those mariachi costumes. I'd post a link, but I'm not fluent with these things yet. Maybe you could just Google Mariachi.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Let me take a guess. Obama will get on national TV and apologize to the "poor" "undocumented" alien, and tell Rep. Moran he has to admit that it was all his fault, the nation's fault, and the American people's fault for not giving this poor undocumented worker a clear road on which to take out his rage at America for not giving him citizenship. Obama will then use this incident as another reason we must grant all the illegals full citizenship status, a new car, a sub-prime mortgage which the US citizens will co-sign for, free college for all his children, and an all-taxpayer-expense-paid 2 week trip for him and his family to Hawaii.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Oh no you don't.

That would cause this to turn into profiling.

Is that not your standard answer to all of this?

C'mon, you have been going on and on about that for weeks now.

Did you not read the article?

They are not allowed to check on his illegal status, I say let him go right now. He is illegal so he does not have to follow the law.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Although I am completely against illegal immigration, I think it's stories like these that actually hurt our cause.

The guy that rear-ended him was drunk.

This is more about drunk-driving than being illegal. The only part of this story that pertains to illegal aliens is what happens next.

Will he merely be released after calling ICE and their unwillingness to actually have him deported?

Will he simply sit in a US jail on taxpayer money until someone can figure out what red tape needs to be cut to actually do something with him?

I have a feeling this will never be heard about again once people get past the initial attention-grabbing headline of: illegal immigrant.

Also, as a side note, what the heck is "Mexican costume" supposed to infer?

Well said

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
By having an unguarded border it creates a double standard legal system even if not by any intent.

If you don't guard the border, the same criminal employers will just fire the freshly amnestied so they can bring/lure in illegals so they can continue to abuse workers.

More human trafficking.

Healthcare requires that all LEGAL residents & citizens buy insurance from the criminal insurers, but illegals clearly won't [can't?] be doing so,
nor will their dirtbag employers be supplying them with healthcare coverage.

Seal the border,

everything else is a lie.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Oh no you don't.

That would cause this to turn into profiling.

Is that not your standard answer to all of this?

C'mon, you have been going on and on about that for weeks now.

Did you not read the article?

They are not allowed to check on his illegal status, I say let him go right now. He is illegal so he does not have to follow the law.

Do you honestly not see the difference between checking the background of someone AFTER they are arrested as opposed to just walking up to a random person and demanding proof of citizenship???

There is no profiling in checking the background of an already arrested individual...unless they went out and arrested all the hispanics in the area on a charge of "suspicion of being illegal"...then that is profiling.

Please tell me you see the difference in the two.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ah, the illegal thought it was funny to be told he broke the laws.

As far as for Mr. Moran, though I don't agree with your states stance on Illegals..hope you get better soon so that you & cronny statesman can be embarrassed at the polls when you are voted out.

The accident is bound to reverberate at the Statehouse where lawmakers just narrowly rejected a bill to crackdown on illegal immigrants.

This could also become an issue in the governor's race because of what Patrick did three years ago.

The suspect, whose blood alcohol content was .25 at the time of the accident according to the police report, is being held on $50,000 cash bail.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by lpowell0627

Let me take a guess. Obama will get on national TV and apologize to the "poor" "undocumented" alien, and tell Rep. Moran he has to admit that it was all his fault, the nation's fault, and the American people's fault for not giving this poor undocumented worker a clear road on which to take out his rage at America for not giving him citizenship. Obama will then use this incident as another reason we must grant all the illegals full citizenship status, a new car, a sub-prime mortgage which the US citizens will co-sign for, free college for all his children, and an all-taxpayer-expense-paid 2 week trip for him and his family to Hawaii.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by ProfEmeritus]

You forgot to add a Cerveza Summit.

As seems to be the case with anything racial that stems out of Mass. I am guessing Corona, Dos Aquis, & Negra Modelo to be the choices offered, but with the latter beer the administration might cross of the word Negra as to not offend anyone.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Oh, so you have decided that Arizona is going to go around and do that.

I see, even though that is against the law passed.

I see, you need to continue with your drivel.

I see, what was it again, oh your hypocrisy.

This guy was blatantly profiled and should be let go. Heck, they should give him an apology.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

You forgot to add a Cerveza Summit.

True. That would give Joe Biden something to do, that he's good at, beside keeping SNL going with all the material he provides.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
When Moran was Mayor of Alexandria he was indicted for accepting a ten thousand dollar gift from a parking lot operator who got a contract on city property. There was a court case and investigation.. and then.. amazingly enough, there was a small fire at the courthouse!

And the file containing the data above was burned, lost in a 'fire'...

top topics

join