It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the US go to war to defend India from China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
In the general region, nearly half of all humans on the planet exist. China and India have long-standing disputes, and have gone to war before. If another such conflict arose, would the US leadership have the guts to take on China, regardless of the consequences, when we know that India could not fully defend itself without nuclear weapons? Plus, if they start a nuclear war, China has many times more warheads than India anyway!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Why would it be the US's business?

Wouldn't it be a UN issue?

Anyway.. Why would the US go jumping into that war?? Aren't China and India both Nuclear nations? Unless of course they wanted to get their Military industrial complex into overdrive and economy back up and running

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't see any reason they would. India and China are traditional foes. They have a long history of conflict and there is little advantage for the US to intervene in such a conflict.

Infact a fight between India and China may very well knock them both down a few notches on the global power scale and buy the US supremacy for a very long time.

So I think no.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The US would go to war with anyone as long as it paid well.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
India doesn't need the US. They have enough firepower to do enough damage to the Chinese so China doesn't even THINK about attacking India..

India have nuclear missiles that can reach Beijing.

Russia and China have an ``alliance``... but why do you think Russia and India have such a strong military partnership? Russia ain't stupid, they are keeping their options open.

If they would just trust the Chinese 100%, they would be fools. One of these days, China is gonna move north. Russia knows this. That's why they are arming India...so China doesn't do that.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Intimidation alone could be a major influence. As for Russia, they must fear that China and India would become too friendly. If China was free of the possibility of a Southern front, they could move directly north, forcing the European Russians to decide whether the Asian hinterlands are really worth the price.

The U.S. has a lot at stake with India, since they are the most populous "Democracy" on the planet. As both India and China become First World countries, their joint financial power is enormous. Again, nearly half of the world's population is under the control of these two nations. Europe and the U.S. could find themselves losing their top billing.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
Intimidation alone could be a major influence. As for Russia, they must fear that China and India would become too friendly.

I can't see that ever happening. Look into their history.

As both India and China become First World countries, their joint financial power is enormous.

They are a long way from joining the first world. Sure their figures look good on paper. But the reality is the vast majority of their people are very poor, their infrastructure is poor. Their societies are rather ignorant and superstitious.

There is a whole lot of window dressing without much substance.

We are seeing what could one day be great powers. But they are a way off yet and it isn't set in stone. A major conflict between them would certainly serve US interests, but not theirs. So it is unlikely to happen.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
No point even comparing India to China, India will implode pretty soon imo. China is where we need to be looking, the only thing similar between the two is population size. Everything else shows that China is stronger and more viable.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
As this point in time I don't think the US would or could go to war with China over India but I don't think they'd let them get off scot free either. Trade embargos would significantly hamper the Chinese economy.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
In my opinion no matter what happens India is in a great position, they just need to get the ecological side of the house in order and they will be fine. Although it needs to be noted that in Geopolitical terms Pakistan forms a pretty handy counterweight to Indian nuclear power. World War Three will be quite the cluster puck.

As for India imploding I doubt it. Envriomental issues aside, India is a suprisingly strong nation. Global corporation would not outsource to India if they though that it would fall apart. Dispite what some would have you belive here destruction and chaos is not that good for profits if your call center gets demolished.

All in all, I doubt that China or India would go to war, but if they did it would stalemate.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I hope it doesn't happen. We are spread as thin as a knats a$$ stretched
over a rain barrel now. We don't have the troops to conduct another war,
and besides, I believe that the American people won't allow another war
to happen, at least just now. There would be a tremendous war in our
own street if this happens.

But, what would be the purpose anyway? Would they have to bring all of
those outsourced jobs home to America? Would we get someone on the
phone who can actually speak clear English? We might end up with
someone answering the phone who knows that New England is not a
state, for a change. Just think of the outcome if we did have a war.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Unless it was a pre-arranged agreement with India, China & America then no it would not happen. You know agreed weapon usage, agreed casulties etc just to enhance the NWO.

Personally I think the worlds police should take several steps back, save money put the banks and monetery market back on a firm footing then as back in the 50's 60's and 70's look to lead the world..........but in a more positive manner and less warlike.

Wolfie

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Consider the transfer of technology to other enemies of India in the region. While India has a decent military, the Chinese are becoming THE regional superpower. When has an Asian force with this degree of power NOT gone to war with someone else in Asia?

new topics

top topics

join