It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we take a stand against BP and other gas stations?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Goradd

I for one am glad to see this thread created. The OP is throwing ideas out here. Flag and
!

I would love to hear what everyone has to say. I want to make a difference no matter how small it maybe right now.

I agree, it's not just BP to blame for this.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think that the only way to truly boycott the oil industry, including gas stations, is at the polls. We need politicians in place that wish to move us towards cleaner alternative energies. A hand full of politicians isn't going to do the trick, we need all of them on board, so this is something that will have to strike at the heart of all citizens or else big oil will always win out.

Boycotting does nothing. They will simply raise prices....and they know that you eventually will be back at the pump. Even if you walk, ride a bike, etc. Think about all the things you purchase...food, clothing, etc... How does that stuff get from the manufacturer to your home? OIL!!!!

We must change the way the world thinks before we can ever hope to change the way energy is produced.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i would really like to thank everyone so far for their opinions, i've learned a lot from this. First off, by me boycotting a gas station, it wasnt to hurt the cashier or anyone else, i realize it may not have a huge affect, but its just an idea. I think this thread will teach everyone who reads a new way to do something to help our enviornment. thanks again ATS!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Go to the regional HQ's of BP and find the VIP parking lot and fill their cars with oil.. up to the brim I say... but use used oil

I doubt they would see the irony in that though

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
We just need to start buying electric cars;
The Chevy Volt is coming out next year;
So keep a look out for that

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

I would humbly suggest that if you want to send a message to 'the Seven Sisters'...Exxon (Esso), Shell, BP, Gulf, Texaco, Mobil, Socal (Chevron)...then only buy your gas from Citgo. It doesn't take long for the message to make it upstairs.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Take a stand!

RIDE A BIKE!

I do.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

I would humbly suggest that if you want to send a message to 'the Seven Sisters'...Exxon (Esso), Shell, BP, Gulf, Texaco, Mobil, Socal (Chevron)...then only buy your gas from Citgo. It doesn't take long for the message to make it upstairs.
Yeah! woot! lets all support Hugo Chaves the dictator! Send our money to him to increase his amount of human rights violations!!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

If you are on Facebook or Myspace or one of the other top chatsites you could always start on that.... there's probably loads of peeps just you/us/i who want to boycott... i don't even drive but i'd suggest to boycott the gas stations... its the only way to get your/our point across...

I read today 600million gallons has now been spewing into the sea and there's still more to spew.... enough wildlife has perished already too...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

no driving with me either. everything i need is close enough. college is across the street as well!! thanks for stopping by!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Limegreen

Yeah! woot! lets all support Hugo Chaves the dictator! Send our money to him to increase his amount of human rights violations!!

Just between you and me...I'd be interested in cutting out the propaganda on both sides and weigh the high crimes and misdemeanors of the Bush years against Chavez's record. And that's without adding the comparators of our 'allies' in Latin America. I doubt Chavez can match anything in the School of the Americas' curriculum.

But it was asked...how can we make a statement to the industry? You have my modest proposal. From here on it, it's your call. Happy Trails.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I would suggest riding a bike every where you go but lets face it, in this day in age a car or some kind of motorized transport is needed. I would love to ride my bike everyday, but I wouldn't be able to as the winters are cold and wet. Also how would I take dates out on a bicycle
. So really the only way of beating the oil industry is to come up with a viable alternative energy source renewable and free. I heard back in the 80's a guy made a car that ran just on water. I also saw a cutting torch run on just water as well. The technology is out there. Good luck getting a hold of it though, the oil industry snaps up those patents whether the patent holder wants to sell or not.... Big oil is like big government or the IRS, just a bunch of thugs IMO.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What would boycotting do? nothing.....instead think of more efficient ways to get energy.....in reality signing petitions in most cases do not work....ideas of change are better

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I have been thinking about all this and i have a little idea that Mr Obama might like to take onboard>
Kick BP off the mission and bring in the 'ECO SCIENTISTS'. Bring in all the experts...if there are any? Red Buttons and all them???
Bring in the Army, Navy...just get BP out of there. Nuke it. Do something.
It can't be left to those clowns. Time is not on our side and i think every country should chip in somehow and help out!!!
The world has been messed up by those capitalist pigs and the stupid idiots let them do it! Now it's time to stick together or we aren't going to have a future on this once beautiful planet.

The eternal optimist.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

A while ago, (2000/2001?) there was a movement to use boycott to bring down petrol/gas prices.

The idea was to just boycott one or two of the 'giants' (I think BP was one of them), reducing their market share and forcing them to lower their prices just to compete.

Then, once the price had been reduced to acceptable levels (I forget the proposed $per barrel/cost at the pump), buyers were to switch and only buy from the originally boycotted company/s, thereby forcing the rest of the market to capitulate.

A sound idea in principle but it never really got off the ground.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just saw something very cool. It looks as if my local BP gas station is being boycotted. The BP is located right across the street from a Speedway gas station and the prices are both the same, yet the BP lot is completely empty, and the Speedway gas station has a 3 car line to every pump. Just thought i would let everyone know, is this happening in anyone elses area?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join