It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP - How much you wanna bet - they are going to file bankruptcy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
have you noticed the administrations response going to keep their boot on BP's Throat. well, they should have stop using it.. but they didn't, and I took a look at what is going on... and this is Eco Terrorism. they are doing this on purpose me thinks. now if they are doing this on purpose why do you suppose - they are going to choke BP a billionaire company to solve a trillionaires issue... so the problem is way over BP's ability - and that is right now - in a few weeks its only going to mushroom... and BP files bankruptcy - so where do we go when they annouce this:

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I doubt it. They had 262 billion in revenue last year this is nothing for them.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The US would bail them out. They are too big to fail

I'm sure we would love to take over the oil industry.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm not taking that bet cuz I stated
from my prior posts that BP's stock
was set to drop to record lows
so it could be bought out by
Oman Oil.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
BP and the government are part of the same entity.

Any real action against BP from Big government would be like someone sawing off their arm. Unluckily for us they are like a massive evil octopus, and grow new appendages when one gets severed.

We get fed lines like, "I'm sorry there is nothing we can do, and our hands are tied. THEY ARE TOO BIG TO FAIL!".

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Watch to see if all their assets are being 'sold off' to 'offshore entities', subsidiaries & other dodges so that when people sue them, they have already looted the supposed corporation & moved on

& victims are left suing an already gutted phantom.

Legalistic, semantic corporate snakes & shadow boxers.

A House of crooked cards, designed to collapse when anyone actually puts a little weight on it.

And the people letting them get away with it are your congress, whitehouse & in some cases state & local governments.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by slank

Yes, and whoever it is who ends up with what's left of BP will, I predict, be the part of the syndicate who is pulling the strings, and most likely behind the spill and the sad and tragic neglect to do anything real to stop it!

I hope this is the event that it takes to make people pissed enough to take action against the tyrants in control.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
another observation - if you look at the well head, you can see ....
and it doesnt look like artifical light neither.... so, what if the video is
less than 100' down ... light only reaches about 100 feet or so then it's dark as night. and a mile down is sure as hell dark as night.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Can you link me to that video? I've yet to see it. Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

you maybe on to something - remember Standard Oil Company was such a huge Monopoly - the Government had to break it up and it was worth 100 times what it was all stuck together. so, Rockefeller owner of America allowed America to break his company up and make him 100 richer and he is pissed.... so, me think there is more to foot than meets the eye.
and since the put me on the case 0-0 I will point to abnormal anomallies

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I've seen it all day on Bloomberg... and I just figured out what was wrong ... natural lighting 1 mile down.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Who cares if they go belly up? This is about our coastline, our environment, our people and the future generations who will still be dealing with the long term ramifications of this disaster.

It's a sad state of affairs we're in if all we want is green paper rectangles out of this catastrophe.

Money is replaceable. So is the scarcity system from whence it came, if we're brave enough to admit we've outgrown the social system handed down to us by our grandparents.

The water on our planet is a gift seen nowhere else in the known universe. From that standpoint alone what has transpired should be an affront to all humanity.

The powers that be, showing as much disrespect for the environment as they do in the name of profit and greed, must know of another habitable planet nearby because they sure are trucking this one up!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Here you go live web cam of oil spill

[edit on 24-5-2010 by svpwizard]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

More than meets the eye for sure, always follow the money!!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I'm not taking that bet cuz I stated
from my prior posts that BP's stock
was set to drop to record lows
so it could be bought out by
Oman Oil.

I guess an I told ya so is in order here

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I have been wondering myself if there is a plan by some in government to help "engineer" and use the BP disaster to do a hostile takeover that will be very lucrative to those doing it or some such thing, maybe even turncoats within BP helping??
with all the unbelievable negligence being witnessed and incompetence, there must be something big going down besides the obvious stuff...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

BP shares have fallen nearly 40%, wiping out nearly $70 billion
in shareholder value. Before the accident the company had a market
capitalization of nearly $183 billion. Now it's just below $115 billion.

money.cnn.com...

going ...... going .......

Investors are concerned the clean up costs, lawsuits, and added
restrictions from the spill, the worst in U.S. history, will sap BP's
earnings potential.

Plus, like most big oil projects, BP is self-insured for the operation,
so all of the costs of the cleanup and damages will fall on its shoulders.

No one knows how much the spill will eventually cost BP. Estimates have
ranged from $3 billion to $25 billion - many fall somewhere in the middle.
As of Tuesday BP said it has spent just shy of $1 billion on the accident.

they self-insured the operation which means
they have No help from an insurance company.

going .... going .....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

What is interesting to me is that there has been no reporting, at least that I have seen about the exposure to the insurance companys. The large property and business insurance firms heavily invested in the gulf are going to get hammered.

Insurance firms have essentially fixed income portfolios. Those portfolios, while not being hammered like equities, are down considerably. I think there is a large possibility of a major insurance company going under here. A "run" on the insurance company is a real possibility, which leads me to believe that there is a black-out on the reporting.

My guess is that the government establishes another TARP-like scheme to bailout the insurance companys, forcing them all to take it to mask which ones are really in trouble.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
They will be acquired before anything else.

It isn't like people are going to stop using oil anytime soon. Their stock price is getting hammered, but there is a point where BP is undervalued and wherever this equilibrium is most likely won't be sorted out very soon it seems like.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
My guess is that the government establishes another TARP-like
scheme to bailout the insurance companys, forcing them all to
take it to mask which ones are really in trouble.

Oh God I hope not !!!!
Haven't we bailed out enough already ???

Congress just dumped a Greece bail-out vote
last month 94-0

do you think they would do it for BP???
I seriously doubt it.

If BP is gonna be saved
it's gonna be by hostile take-over
of stock shares when it hits bottom
dollar K-Mart Blue Light Special prices
probably less than $20.00 a share.

They are losing working capital very fast.
If they start selling assets, you can bet
you'll be able to see the circling
buzzards from a LONG distance away.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join