It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-lawyer jailed 14 months, but not charged with a crime

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

No we don't really have a Justice System, we do however have a Justice Department, that may or may not enforce the laws on the books and may or may not follow laws when prosecuting and or detaining someone.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

Thanks for the great additional background, Los Angeles county does seem to be pursuing a vendetta against this man for his activism on behalf of the people.

You can fight city hall, and you can win, but they will never forget you did.

What's that they say about payback in this world?

Great post.

Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

What's that they say about payback in this world?

I would suffice to say that, V for Vendetta, is held dear by our Government.

I have to give the Man credit he is holding his oath to keep confindentiality.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
But then again if you have people that will not follow the laws of the land then the law would be a joke and we cannot allow that either.
So it seems this may be one of those sticky areas.
And as far as the court petitioning for all of this guys financial statements, if his lawyer has them and has been compelled to give up the ghost, then why should the gubbment spend extra tax dollars to acquire what should be easy to get. That is unless someone has something to hide. Personally I don’t understand why someone would try to hide their financial records if they have done nothing illegal. No doubt someone will say “IT’S NOT ANY OF THE GUBBMENTS BIZNISS”!!! According to a judge there seems to be a valid reason.
But either way I applaud the lawyer for sticking to his guns and trying to bring this into the light, I am not a fan of Liars lawyers.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

That's a reply worthy of a star. This man is in fact a hero. He's sure to have done well for himself fincially over the years, after all he practiced in Beverly Hills and won some very high profile cases.

He has a wife, he has kids, he has grand kids, and the easiest thing for him to do is to submit and go on home to them and enjoy the fruits of a long career and a family that loves and admires him.

But he hasn't, he has opted for 14 months of some of the hardest time there is, solitary in a county jail.

All to stick by his principles and professional ethics, not many people what had that much to loose would go that route.

This guy rocks.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Chances are the county is spending about 70.00 per day to incarcerate him. So not counting court costs and transportation the county has already spent about 30,000.00 to try to compel him to divulge the records.

The County wants to go after his clients assetts to pay attorney fees and court costs in a case against the county that was lost.

In essence Fine doesn't believe his client should have to pay these costs when he had doubts as to whether the judge involved made an honest ruling because of the high salary plus cash bonuses and benefits LA County Judges are paid. They make significantly more than any other County Judge in the nation.

Almost no other county in the nation pays bonuses to judges.

Fine contends this is akin to bribery and if the judge ruled in favor of the County there is no way to know if it was truly an honest ruling.

He doesn't believe his client should have to pay the County's lawyers and the court costs as a result.

This is an issue of an attorney questioning the ethics of the Judge and the Court.

While at the same time the attorney doing the most ethical thing he can at great cost to him and his family.

This is a very unusual case.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

This man is in fact a hero. He's sure to have done well for himself fincially over the years, after all he practiced in Beverly Hills and won some very high profile cases.
Yes he has, I was just reading about his astute career. Again, this is quite troubling.

Years ago I had this fear, that back then was the Ruskies, the cold war. Yet now its seems we have the problem that was feared before.

I never thought the land of the free, would become the land of sowers of tyranny.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying, I also happen to agree with your position.
I am only playing devils advocate. They (the law or msm or whomever it may be) will always have a counterpoint with your or my argument. What this Lawyer is doing while admirable it is kind of stupid as it pertains to the individual. But hey we don’t know, the guy is old and maybe he’s dying and this will be his last “Frak You” to the man.
All that I know is there is more that I don’t know, than I do know.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

But then again if you have people that will not follow the laws of the land then the law would be a joke and we cannot allow that either.

Constitutions serve as the Supreme Law of the Land in the United States, and in regards to Mr. Fine, of whom resides in the State of California, both federal and state Constitutions make clear that this man has Inalienable Rights that are not to be toyed with. If judges and other government officials can not follow those simple laws of the land then it is not the law that has become a joke, it is the government that has become the joke.

So it seems this may be one of those sticky areas.

Law is never a sticky area. Legislation can often times be sticky, but legislation is not law and only serves as evidence of law. Just as the infamous glove that did not fit from a different legal case in Los Angeles revealed, evidence is not proof, and when it comes to legislation, all to often there just is no proof that it stands as law.

And as far as the court petitioning for all of this guys financial statements, if his lawyer has them and has been compelled to give up the ghost, then why should the gubbment spend extra tax dollars to acquire what should be easy to get.

Precisely! Why is the government spending public funds to railroad a lawyer with total disregard for the rule of law, and due process?

That is unless someone has something to hide.

The right to privacy is explicitly declared a right in the California Constitution, and the fallacious argument that those who rely upon their right to privacy only have something to hide blatantly ignores the governments constant insistence on hiding public information in the name of security.

Personally I don’t understand why someone would try to hide their financial records if they have done nothing illegal.

Personally, I don't understand why you or anyone else believes another persons private and personal financial records are any of your business. The right to privacy is not illegal!

No doubt someone will say “IT’S NOT ANY OF THE GUBBMENTS BIZNISS”!!!

No doubt!

According to a judge there seems to be a valid reason.

Oh, well the judge said so. Well, there you have it then, the priestly Bishop who takes his orders from the Popes of higher courts, and clearly functions as an instrument of God has spoken, so it must be true.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

And with all of my tirade broken down and put under a microscope, this guy is still in jail.
You see you lost that argument, in fact so did I, we all lose. And that is the sad part.
If we were only as passionate in our real life as we were on the internet, hell maybe when I'm 70 I will make a real stand.
.... Fair Warning in 40 years if I get that far!!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
There is a hearing in the morning to have this man released. The plaintiffs are the homeowner's association whom Fine was representing at the hearing in which the judge ordered him in contempt of court. The case concerned a homeowners association and the County of Los Angeles along with some developers they were in bed with.

For those interested in the hearing, here is the petition to release Fine. Farr Hearing

What i am reading into this now, is that Fine was ordered to pay court costs and to divulge his own personal financial statements.

edit to add: I love this part of the petition, which was apparantly filed by Fine himself.

This tyranny of corruption has not broken Fine, nor will it break the citizenry.In 1776, the citizenry faced the same problem with a king who was paying the judges and ensuring their tenure.The citizenry sent him a message, the Declaration of Independence. Two hundred and thirty-five years later, another message will be sent to the judges and the politicians who have engendered the tyranny of corruption.They will be voted out of office.Within six years, all of the Superior Court judges can be replaced.Within twelve years, all of the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court justices can be replaced.Within four years, all of the politicians who voted for Senate Bill SBx2-11 can be replaced. The citizenry will no longer tolerate the corruption of our democratic system and the “Rule of Law” by those whose moral and ethical standards place their own personal greed over their sworn oath to uphold the Constitution.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by ogbert]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

Once again thanks for keeping us well informed on this issue, hopefully Mr. Fine will be back in his home and own bed tomorrow night.

I think the exceprt from his appeal is definately something for all of us to consider.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Because Proto has taken the time to present this case in this site, I am now aware of an injustice I otherwise would not have been aware of. I live in the city of which this travesty of justice is taking place, and upon reading this thread earlier today, I began doing the necessary research so that I may do my small part in fighting this injustice. If this judge can be put in jail, I assure I will do what I can on my part to have this criminal put in jail for his seeming willingness to usurp the government and disregard due process of law in order to satisfy his own whims. Under the rules of administrative procedures, and under law, no government official is immune from the law when they have acted outside of the scope of their jurisdiction. Such knowledge was not common a few years ago, but useful tools such as the internet, have made this knowledge more accessible, and we should all do our part, and not wait 30 years to make a stand, and make that stand yesterday, not now, but yesterday, or years ago, this is how urgent the situation is.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Here here, not only are you just the man to achieve such a thing, I wish you success in that endeavor.

We as human beings must not tolerate or make excuses for such abuses of power and violations of the public trust.

Freedom and liberty are too precious and sacred of things to be so abused for such dubious and questionable reason. Those who would should in fact suffer a similar fate that they have needlessly conspired to consign others too.

I hope at the very least there is a large crowd of supporters for this fine gentleman on the sidewalks of the Courthouse tomorrow, so that the Judge understands that the people won’t tolerate or condone such excesses of power.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

There is a hearing in the morning to have this man released.

Absolutely awesome news! I hope the hearing goes all in his favor, for he has defined himself a true patriot!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Star upon ya, and I really hope you are found to be correct.
Git em tiger.

In a best case Revolution scenario, the only deaths will be a few Pencils.
~G

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Thank you Proto, once again for an outstanding thread. I am also grateful that Ogbert is on the case and following Fine's predicament, as my research has been focused on the tyrant known as David Yaffe, that would be the so called "Superior" court judge who has committed this heinous crime. While I have immersed myself in various documents, and court records, in an attempt to discover what other criminal activities this usurper has engaged in, and usually actions such as the contempt of court charges brought against Fine reveal only the tip of the iceberg with criminals and their activity, I thought it would be worth briefly posting this that I discovered.

In 2008 David Yaffe became the managing judge of the writs and receivers department of the Stanley Mosk Courthouse. The most common writ is the Writ of Mandamus which is simply defined as:

writ of mandamus (an extraordinary writ commanding an official to perform a ministerial act that the law recognizes as an absolute duty and not a matter for the official's discretion; used only when all other judicial remedies fail)

How ironic is that?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Star upon ya, and I really hope you are found to be correct.
Git em tiger.

In a best case Revolution scenario, the only deaths will be a few Pencils.
~G

Thank you for your kind encouragement my friend, and yes indeed, those velvet revolutions are the best there are, as far as revolutions go.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

yeah, I'll hold my breath on him getting out. Thanks for the post. I had taken a personal interest in this case a few months back and it's good to see that momentum is building. The CNN article may have helped, even though the wording of most mainstream accounts is that the man is a disbarred nutcase filing frivolous lawsuits. People are starting to read beyond mainstream these days!

He is also saying in the pleadings that the Supreme Court of California was late in filing their own motion to dismiss and that his disbarment should be reversed. Hopefully, he regains his practice. This guy could become a cultural hero.

Apparantly the original judge waived his response on a previous writ. I am no lawyer, but I think that means that by default the judge does not despute the claims made by Fine that the judge should have recused himself and that the contempt order should be ruled as void.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

It's a troubling and interesting case, but the good news is that people are seeing beyond the Mainstream Media Spin more and more.

Both the government and media are on a slippery slope these days as they seek to villianize more and more Americans in ways that more and more Americans find troubling and threatening.

The problem with habitual liars is eventually they become so enamored with their ability to tell them, they loose sight of whether they are even remotely believable anymore.

Both the Government and the Media have gone past that point now and while vanity and hubris will take it a while to sink in, once trust is lost, it's very hard to regain, and very hard to rebound from.

I personally will be wishing for the man's release, and well, I do believe the power of positive thinking can help.

Thanks so much for having kept an eye on this story and sharing what you know on it.

I just heard about it today.

From CNN so it's great to have someone who really knows the details to the case.

Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join