It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP says doing all it can, everyone's frustrated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

BARATARIA BAY, La. – The executive in charge of fighting a Gulf of Mexico oil spill acknowledged Monday everyone is frustrated at BP's failure to plug the ocean gusher more than a month into a disaster that is spreading damage in Louisiana's wetlands, including miring pelican colonies.

Doug Suttles, chief operating officer at BP PLC, went on all three U.S. network morning talks shows with the same message: BP knows frustration is growing that it hasn't been able to halt the spill of millions of gallons of oil from a well that blew out after a rig explosion April 20 off the Lousiana coast.

"We are doing everything we can, everything I know," Suttles said on the NBC "Today" show.

The Obama administration questioned BP's competence Sunday, when Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar told reporters he was "not completely" confident that BP knows what it's doing.

I'm sure most of the world agrees that BP doesn't know what they are doing either..

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
BP has a record of environmental Disasters, disregard from safety laws and dumping hazardous materials that endanger wild life and human life

And they still drilling in the US southern states and Alaska.

Their deeds has been kept quiet with just minimal media coverage due to the fact of their status as the 4th biggest oil company in the world

So anybody really think they give a crap about the mess they created? no in our wilder dreams, they just going to throw money around and people will bend their knees for them

[edit on 24-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I love this part of the article...

""I have no question that BP is throwing everything at the problem to try to resolve it because this is an existential crisis for one of the world's largest companies. So they are throwing everything that they can at the problem," Salazar said. "Do I have confidence that they know exactly what they are doing? No, not completely."

well neither do I.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm frustrated too..

so fu.. scratch that..

to hell with bp..

[edit on 24-5-2010 by broahes]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What a shame they didn't do all they could to prevent this disaster.

Whatever faith (not much) I had in BP in being able to kill this well, I have even less in the government being able to handle it.

What a freaking mess! Just makes me sick!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

I hear ya..

And they think They are frustrated, what about the rest of the world ?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Maybe some of you should read this article too.

I don't see many people responding to this insanity..

wake up people!!

top topics

join