It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal battles brew over Fort Hood suspect's history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Legal battles brew over Fort Hood suspect's history

www.kentucky.com

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan is paralyzed from the chest down. He waits in a small Texas county jail and has not been seen publicly in the six months since he was shot and charged with killing 13 people and wounding nearly three dozen others at the nearby Fort Hood Army post.
He is about to surface again. Early next month military attorneys will meet for a preliminary hearing on whether the 40-year-old Muslim who became an Army psychiatrist should be court-martialed and perhaps sentenced to die
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I can see the need for the defense attorney to argue for his client, but I am not sure that the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee should be poking their nose in here and possibly complicate the case in Hasan's court martial.

Can they not pursue their goals to see if there was a failure within the military to recognize Hasan as a threat, after the court martial?

Or should all the documents be released?

www.kentucky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Can they not pursue their goals to see if there was a failure within the military to recognize Hasan as a threat, after the court martial?

I highly doubt they want to look into it too much.

Any information they dig up could break their incredibly flimsy cover story for this guy, and his links to the Times Square bomber and the underpants bomber and Yemen.

new topics

join