It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA from millions of newborn babies is secretly stored on NHS database

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

DNA from millions of newborn babies is secretly stored on NHS database

www.dailymail.co.uk< br />

And, although the DNA of each child is stored anonymously, The UK Newborn Screening Programme Center, which oversees the use of samples, say they could be linked to hospital admissions and the child could be identified that way.

The samples can also be accessed by private medical companies and have been used for genetic research and mass screening for diseases such as HIV in babies’ mothers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's all happening right under our nose.
Millions of samples! I don't think that the samples remain anonymous, it's more likely that the police has already tracked everyone of them and keeps them in their database as well. You know, just in case, like always.
It's also scaring that commercial enterprises can access it as well and if the information gets to the insurance companies, chances are big that they start denying people because of their genetic defects.

www.dailymail.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Whoa!! My babies coming in two months. I'm going to do some serious researching on this. You better believe I'm going to have some questions for the hospital when she's born. This is straight freaky! Thanks for bringing this to my knowledge!! S+F!!

[edit on 5/24/2010 by FoJAk]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoJAk
Whoa!! My babies coming in two months. I'm going to do some serious researching on this. You better believe I'm going to have some questions for the hospital when she's born. This is straight freaky! Thanks for bringing this to my knowledge!! S+F!!

[edit on 5/24/2010 by FoJAk]

When I told the nurses NO CIRCUMCISION they had a fit and leaned on me heavily...but I said hell no... keep my son whole.

and it is not my call, it is his...If he wants to cut the skin off his DELETED when he is 18 he is free to do so...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by seataka]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Lol, anonymous DNA. That's a laugh. One of the things that can lead directly back to you because it's unique is never going to be anonymous.
Welcome to the future of discriminatory DNA profiling.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've thought for a long time that DNA from the Guthrie Test done on newborns was probably stored on some database.

When my kids were born a doctor done the heel prick and dotted the blood onto circles on a card which already had the babies details written on it. That was a long time ago before I questioned things but even then I remember thinking it looked a lot like they were 'fingerprinting' my baby.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Is this related, was going to make a thread on this but it fits with your info.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This story kind of reminds me of the X-Files episode where there are uncountable samples stored in a deep, underground vault complex.

Baby steps, a little at a time... In time, all humans will be on some kind of biometric file.

Dumb-arse people, too scared to wake up to the truth.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Dumb-arse people, too scared to wake up to the truth.

That's an ugly truth my friend.
Ever since I first came to this forum I started telling people about everything that's going on, and everyone's like "You're right, that explains everything!" and then they go back to watch american gladiator / idol and brushing their teeth with fluoridated toothpaste, and eating garbage food unfortunately.
They listen to me and believe me but it just doesn't STRIKE them because they're still inside the box.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by invetro

Actually, with modern techniques they can only prove it's your DNA to a 1 in 2 Billion chance. There was a rape case some years ago in NZ where one guy protested his innocence but was convicted on DNA evidence.

Turns out it was another chap responsible who was later caught and they shared the same DNA profile, despite being unrelated or even from the same ethnic group. The first guy was white and the actual rapist was a Pacific islander.

A side issue, I know, but worthy of remembering.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kr0ss

Exactly.

People just want to have there cake and eat it, do not even care for tomorrows people.

People should all do what i did, and never want to bring someone into this world.

Like above i am sure like you lot, this has been going on for alot longer than we know. Dna research has been going on for decades, so who knows.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Ok since it's a conspiracy site - what about that this is more about survival of the species rather than future crime etc.. ?

Perhaps there is a vault underneath the seed bank in Norway that has a whole bunch of baby dna stored for regrowing the human race if things go a bit Pete Tong?

And what better dna to store than fine British dna - what ho guvna?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Do you think they are giving the DNA samples to the Greys/Reptilians?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

been that way a while, see

www.abovetopsecret.com...

unfortunately, not much feedback or attention last time.

Originally posted by badBERTHA

Perhaps there is a vault underneath the seed bank in Norway that has a whole bunch of baby dna stored for regrowing the human race if things go a bit Pete Tong?

let me put it this way: you need pristine, as in error free samples to clone, and i'm not sure that premature aging and other complications have been resolved yet, but any sample with a decent signal to noise ratio to identify.

guess what this will be used for? what can it be realistically used for?

[edit on 2010.5.25 by Long Lance]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

been that way a while, see

www.abovetopsecret.com...

unfortunately, not much feedback or attention last time.

This time neither, though this is a very disturbing development.
But I guess that little can be done to prevent this.

Big brother is all over, why do we still let them continue?
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet

Do you think they are giving the DNA samples to the Greys/Reptilians?

I was thinking or even using them to make space military if we had 1. I did a simular thread about the US doing the same thing since 2007 I believe.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Damn, really? I retract my previous statement then. I was led to assume that DNA testing is an infallible measure of someone's identity. A thumbs up for you, sir.

I take it we are in the dark about the true reason for the storage of these samples then? It would be ideal for gene research would it not?

top topics

join