It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10% Chance of M-Class Solar Flare in Next 24 Hours

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

All I know about that is when the golden part is over of you, you can clearly see them. I have never seen the Northern Lights when the light blue portion has been over me.

Here:

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

The link shows the scale of intensity, with red being the highest on the scale. What I do know is that when it is blue overhead, I have never seen the Northern Lights.

I hope it gets nice and bright tonight and tomorrow. Also, I hope the light of the full moon does not interfere with viewing the Northern Lights.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Interesting...

If this is true it would coincide with a dream a long time ago about The World at war and on ships fighting each other, under a sky of "color and energy" (what looked to be the northern lights). Whats so interesting about this dream is that the only thing I saw was myself and others fighting another boat in the waters... we then stopped as the sky went crazy with electric colors and we were all in awe.

BUT I'm betting that wont happen :-p

I did have the dream btw, but none of it ever happens like the dreams, its all symbolic and psychological... So i bet the threat is there... possibly...? Maybe?? Here is to hoping not!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
SPACE WEATHER
NOAA Forecasts

Updated at: 2011 Jan 03 2200 UTC
FLARE 0-24 hr 24-48 hr
CLASS M 10 % 10 %
CLASS X 01 % 01 %

Looks like there is another 10% change in the next 24 hours.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

and 1% of an x class

Thats better then my chances of winning the loto!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Oh dear God, I knew this would happen during the 1st Solar maximum where the majority of the population have the Internet. This might all be new and exciting to some people but it's

a) All part of the normal 11 year cycle
b) Not even as active as last time around 2000 !!!

Please don't keep crying everytime the Sun burps and starting a thread about it, otherwise when it starts getting more active in the next year or two ATS will turn into an endless list of threads about each single sunspot, flare and CME....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

I wasn't crying, was anyone else crying? Hmmm. can't hear any crying, just talking.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Don't worry, M-class flares are not a major threat for us

X-class is getting more seriously though...

Scientists classify solar flares according to their x-ray brightness in the wavelength range 1 to 8 Angstroms. There are 3 categories: X-class flares are big; they are major events that can trigger planet-wide radio blackouts and long-lasting radiation storms. M-class flares are medium-sized; they can cause brief radio blackouts that affect Earth's polar regions. Minor radiation storms sometimes follow an M-class flare. Compared to X- and M-class events, C-class flares are small with few noticeable consequences here on Earth.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join