It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
TOKYO, May 24 (Itar-Tass) - The South Korean government has introduced a ban on the travel of its citizens to North Korea, except the minimal number of business trips to the joint industrial complex Kaesong and to the resort zone on Mount Kumgangsan. This decision has been made within the framework of sanctions introduced in connection with the sinking of the Cheonan corvette, South Korean Unification Minister Hyun In-taek said at a press conference in Seoul on Monday.
The joint resort complex on Mount Kumgangsan had earlier attracted large number of South Koreans. However, the trips were s
“From now on, the Republic of Korea will not tolerate any provocative act by the North and will maintain a principle of proactive deterrence,” the president said in a nationally televised address made at the War Memorial of Korea in central Seoul. “If our territorial waters, airspace or territory are militarily violated, we will immediately exercise our right of self-defence.”