It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum space monster leaps from a gravity well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Quantum space monster leaps from a gravity well

www.newscientist.com

Calculations by Vanzella and Lima suggest gravity can trigger a powerful reaction in the fluctuating quantum fields of forces in apparently empty space, and that this reaction may be enough to influence the evolution of large objects like stars.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Who could resist posting a story with such a provocative headline.

It seems that the daunting gap between quantum physics and astrophysics may soon be bridged as scientists discover that a sufficiently powerful gravitational field, such as that of a neutron star, could create forces that allow the world of quantum mechanics to have relationship with the larger universal forces (gravity) allowing the quantum forces to have an influencing effect on the development or the destruction of star systems.

There is some controversy however as it appears that this theory would violate the conservation of energy principle which often suggests a bogus theory.

Remain Vigilant.

www.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I hope this discovery forces a better understanding of the quantum mechanics and gravity relationship. Especially toward developing a quantum anti-gravity.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
YOu are right, a good title, S and F.
I can't say where I hope this will go. It will more the likely stay in the theoretical arena as it is not something that can be proven through experiment. But still a good theory.

top topics

join