It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia slams NATO on Afghan drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Russia slams NATO on Afghan drugs

www.presstv.com

Russian officials have again censured NATO`s failure to stamp out Afghanistan's huge opium trade, voicing Moscow's frustration over the alliance's negligence.

Citing lack of cohesion within NATO against the backdrop of dwindling support for combating drug trafficking in Afghanistan, Russia's envoy to NATO Dmitry Rogozin said Russia "is losing 30,000 lives a year to the Afghan drug trade, and a million people are addicts," AP reported.

"This is an undeclared war against our country," he emphasized. "We are obviously very dissatisfied with the lack of attention from NATO and the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm sure that Russia knows what most ATSers know, and that is the fact that certain elements of the US government actually profits from the drug trade. It is painfully obvious that the US is at least complicit in the opium trade there, just as they were in Vietnam. What about Sibel Edmonds, the former FBI analyst with a security clearence, who basically tells the story of the CIA owning the Asian heroin trade? Some soldiers deployed to Afghanistan are actually tasked with guarding the opium fields and the excuse given, is that these farmers would otherwise join the Taliban. Is Russia only being polite by not directly calling the US government out on this heroin problem in Afghanistan or is this all to do about nothing?

--airspoon

Sibel Edmonds: www.justacitizen.com...

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
That is interesting.

Especially since the Taliban had eradicated opium essentially in one growing season. Source

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Check that source...it's pre 9/11 even

OP, I'm surprised Russia hasn't made an inside move to destroy the crops. Perhaps they have or are planning it. There was a recent story (can't find it), talking about some of the crops dying from a fungus(??) or somesuch.

All Americans, like it or not- The USA is the biggest drug dealer in the world.

related stuff-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The Russians are calling out NATO due to the fact that the British (MI6) are involved as well as the CIA.

If you recall, The British and Queen Victoria were the original purveyors of narcotics providing opium to the Chinese in lieu of paying a trade deficit in silver to the Chinese as a result of the tea trade.

The British grew the opium in India and imported it to China via the Dutch East India Company.

This of course lead to the Opium Wars and the Treaty of Nanking.
Also why Great Britain had maintained possession of Hong Kong until relatively recently.

If one researches the history of the American intelligence community, beginning with the OSS at Yale University, it leads directly back to the British.

This is why the Russians are pointing to NATO and not only the US for the Opium problem.

They are well aware that though the US are involved, that the US are merely the strongarm henchmen for the British Crown's wealth.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Interesting insight into British involvement with the narcotics industry, however it looks to me like the Russians aren't rally calling NATO out for anything other than "failing" to stop opium cultivation in Afghanistan. Why not call NATO, America or the UK out on actually running the show?

--airspoon

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Of course man. The hood already knew it with the Iran Contra when the CIA sold coc aine to Freeway Ricky Ross..and factions of the US gov let the drug trade flourish.

They threw the book at Ricky but the CIA's main man was..let go scott free. There is a saying..how do i know the government is lying? Simple..their lips are moving!

The Afghan drug lords are getting crazy payed now. Remember it used to be in Vietnam that a bunch of heroin was produced in. The only reason why its as big as it is now is because Uncle Sam is getting payed. The bastards..its all good thou..everyone gets their comeupins..

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Yeah, I can't believe how many times that the government, or factions thereof, have been caught red-handed and yet the American people are still "stupefied" as to their involvement. I just can't imagine how ignorant most folks are and I attribute it to either modern day television or the drugs that TPTB pumps into us, whether by prescription or through fluoridation. People weren't this docile and dumb 50 - 100 years ago.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join