It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Djou - We Have Sent a Message to Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Article

Republican Charles Djou was elected to fill a vacant House seat in the overwhelmingly Democratic Hawaii district where President Obama was born and raised, handing the GOP a symbolic victory in its bid to retake control of Congress.

But Djou's tenure may be short-lived. He will face voters in November's general election, and Democrats said they were confident they would recapture the seat then, when the party would have just one nominee running.

"This is a momentous day," Djou told supporters. "We have sent a message to the United States Congress. We have sent a message to the national Democrats. We have sent a message to the machine. The congressional seat is not owned by one political party. This congressional seat is owned by the people."

I just saw this on the news and decided to post it on here. Charles Djou won, and from what Ive seen, he seems to be on the people's side. On the news, he said he supports the Tea Party and financial reform in the goverment, and saying our goverment is out of control. Ive been looking for the clip on the internet, but havent been able to find it yet. It was really inspiring.

Heres a clip from youtube, although its not the one I was looking for, it still works. Djou dosent start speaking until 1:30 about, and its a pretty short clip to.

Im not from Hawaii, but I still thought this is pretty interesting,

[edit on 24-5-2010 by buni11687]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

join