It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hmmm not so sure man

Sea water crude oil

This shows that magnetic fields can seperate crude oil from sea water , and if pressure can flow through a magnetic field then certainly there must be a method to split the two and release pressure!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'M TIRED OF IT!!!!!!!!! We HAVE TO STOP saying words like "Can this be stopped" or "Are we(mankind) able to fix it?" . STOP talking like this. Its not a question of if we can fix it. We can not afford that question. We have to fix it or we are done. So no more of that line of questioning please. This is literally for our lives people. We WILL fix it. We just have to pull all our power as a civilization that we know we have and get it done. This is absolutely NOT going to end us. By saying defeatist statements you individuals sound like you gave up, and that has to stop! We WILL get this straight, I promise. As soon as DC gets mobilized and they get their heads out of their asses we will be fine.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Interfacer]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Takamuri
I just don't understand everyone complaining that too little action is being taken. BP definitely wishes this whole mess would go away so they can go about rebuilding their brand name. The government is deploying thousands of nation guardsman to help clean up the spill. The Army corp of engineers has been consulting with BP's engineers through the entire process. Obama has formed a team of engineers, from military to NASA, to help assist with the process to stop this. Who knows how many other thousands of people are assisting on this matter.
[edit on 24-5-2010 by Takamuri]

* BP wishing... is not action.
* Deploying guardsmen? Where are they?
* Army Corps of Engineers... consulting. Consulting...? That's obviously helped with the levies and everything from Katrina.
* Obama has formed a team of engineers to help assist with the process.... that started a month ago... and mainly they are doing their best to keep the process out of mainstream news.

Oh... and where's that oh so special FEMA?

We're going to believe that guys armed with boxcutters can take out the world trade center and a good part of the Pentagon - but the combined might of the United States and BP can't fix a whole in the ground?

Admittedly - it is not the average hole in the ground, but then BP said they were prepared for many times worse. The only logical explanation is that this hole in the ground and oil spewing out of it IS ** the desired outcome **. If they wanted it closed - it would have been closed 3 weeks ago tops.

In the past - they ate cake.

Today - let them eat oil.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I've been watching it almost non stop since it went live. To my knowledge the light color is the methane gas, which caused the pipe to blow in the first place. Also, so much methane coming out lets you know how much pressure is waiting to be released. I've tried to get all my friends, family, neighbors, etc. to watch but nobody cares. My wife and my son are observant though, and I guess that's all that matters.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Interfacer

It certainly doesn't seem like the end of the world to me, boss. Bad? Sure, maybe. Life threatening to humanity? Doubtful. So the 'can we fix it with this' ideas, given that the people responsible for actually fixing the problem probably aren't reading this, are largely intellectual pursuit and entertainment.

So sit back, relax, and be entertained.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I certainly wouldn't be suprised if this happened. In fact, based on some of the very well put together scientific data I have read, I would be suprised if it didn't eventually. With the volume of oil/methane being released it has to eventually displace enough mass to have a collapse somewhere. I just hope it doesn't cause a tsunami.

Now, as for whether it has happened yet....there is yet any evidence of any sort that it has, indeed, occurred. The video hasn't changed and I would think that if nothing else, it would be a large enough event to show up on seismos in the gulf. At least the P wave, I think. I don't have those links on hand, perhaps someone else does? I will check the maps that I do have, but as for now, I say there is no proof....YET.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

You do know that is a controlled experiement right? This hasnt been done with millions of gallons of oil and trillions upon trillions of galons of water.

THis experiement does nothing to help with this mess.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I made this post
You want to sound troubled too, because i was thinking last night that theres a massive problem. And im not talking about damaged due to oil. Im talking about the massive earthquake which i think may have a possiblity due to the sea water replacing the oil in the reservoir which is leaking. Because if im talking sense then the oil that has leaked was replaced by sea water. What negative effects will happen if this is right? Earthquake? Land sinking into the ground?
I may be wrong, who knows? Anyone?

I thought this was possible but............

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The livecam link at BP's website is most probably a 'loop'. That means they get to control what the public see. Meanwhile there is probably another camera which they get to see which has the real situation. Remember this is a corporation that is spinning this and will be minimising their liabilities.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

In another post I actually mentioned this, but it is mostly because of the speed at which the pressure, oil and gas is being released that could cause earthquakes around the area.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It looks to me from the video feed that the leak is coming from the broken casing. I took two semesters of Petroleum technology before deciding to switch majors and my dad worked offshore for shell and i've spent quite a bit of time with oilfield guys down here. That being said, I don't think we're looking at a blowout from the hole but a leak from a broken off casing. That being the case, why not use some of the existing technology such as a mechanical expander, to seal off the casing. Think of a plug for your boat with a valve in the center. You insert the plug with the valve open, expand the walls with hydraulic pressure until it is seated and then slowly close the valve. at that point you can attach whatever you want to the valve and reflow the well to relieve pressure if necessary.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Water is already replacing the oil that is leaving the pool. That is what happens to every oil well as it is nearing the end of it's life, you start getting salt water from the well. Also, there isn't just and empty cave when it is depleted. The oil is saturated in a sand underground.

There could be some settling but i don't think there is much risk of any catastrophic seismic movements. This event is HUGE to us but in perspective with the surrounding environment, it's a drop in the bucket.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
BTW, I left it open with my comment but it is obvious that BP hasn't done anything yet because they want to save the well, because once it is sealed you can't get in.
[ElectricUniverse]

I don't know about that.. You could seal the thing with a hollowed out upside down mountain made of Diamond.. if they wanted to get back in.. they would.

Of course they won't use anything as hard as diamond, but they could cap the thing with this cement, then dome over the whole area, then re-drill back in and set up their oil rig/drill just like they would have to do if the found a new spot to drill.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So from what I'm seeing on the video, is the dark colored, segmented, smaller tube that is sitting on top of the yellow casing a dispersant delivery tube jetting the light colored fluid into the plume?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

It doesn't seem possible to have an underwater explosion. To my knowledge, neither the escaping gas or oil will burn without the addition of atmospheric oxygen. Please correct my speculation if it is wrong.

An explosion is a rapid expansion of something that is either a solid or liquid into a gas. The oxygen makes for the fire to be possible but the fire is not the actual explosion. So you can have explosions underwater also.

Actually, waterbubbles from boiling water start as explosions underwater.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

You made which post, jazz10- the original one? FDL? I sure wish you hadn't said that about earthquakes- which makes me think of the EQs in Oklahoma/ N Texas that really don't seem to relate to faults, but drilling. Plus the shelf thing.

There is one post now confirming something, but no way of telling who posted it, really.
AHTS Master joined in April, but it does appear; from previous posts, to be someone who works on offshore rigs.

"At about 1400 hrs yesterday I saw what looked like a spike in the pressure coming out . It was so bad that oil got on the ROV camera. The camera was pointed away from the flow for a couple of hours and with the oil still on the lens . At 1900 hrs the lens was clean and the picture looked like it did before pressure spike. Like it was prerecorded.

I agree with you that we need some miracle but I still can't stop blaming Mr. Vidrine for this problem."

I don't know if it has been addressed, specifically, but there have been several mentions of sand & debris coming out with the oil & gas corroding the pipes- at least eventually. Also, wouldn't it be safe to assume that since this well has a history of big kicks that those will keep on- therefore delays risk that one, or a series of these will knock the pipe loose?

I wish BP would stop making excuses/ stalling & govt would lay off the "stern words" & act (at least by ultimatum) They need to shut down all of BP's operations in the US- ESP in the Gulf & ON the National Seashore.

ps Mr Vidrine is, I believe, the company man on the Deep Water Horizon.

source for the quoted post is the same.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Ugh! You're right! (boiling water in the microwave). I was thinking in terms of the original post saying & several people commenting that they had seen sparks/ flashes around the pipe, so had actual ignition in my mind. THAT isn't possible, right?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
If you drive a car, use electricity or partake in the use of oil in any way shape or form then you ARE EQUALLY RESPONSIBLE!!!!

Hindsight is always 20/20....if you whining babies are for the preservation of our ecosystem(s) so adamently, where the hell were you when they initially decided to drill at a mile below the surface of the Gulf?

Whining Babbies?
Um, we're not the ones out there drilling without the proper permits and ignoring the scientists who warned about this very scenario driling in deep waters. We use oil, if there was a viable alternative, we're certainly not the ones buying up the patents and supressing them from the public, and we sure as hell aren't the ones who drilled this hole haphazardly. No, we're not equally responsible, we're victims of criminal negligence.
This leak will continue until the well is capped, or the entire field is drained, given the size of this field, yeah it has the potential to wipe out an ocean or two, and devastate the economy, so if it's ok with you, we're going to be pretty well pissed off about it, and yeah, scared.
Telling people to pack up and leave this site and calling them whining babies is really classy.

Here's some real simple concepts, oil kills things, things we depend on for food and livelihoods, alot of oil kills alot of things. This is a catastrophic amount of oil which will kill a catastrophic amount of things, and so far they aren't able to stop the leak, if they can't stop it, then the entire field drains and we end up with a dead ass Gulf and a dead East Coast. It's not some doom and gloom prophesy here, it's happening, it's already the worse case scenario and they are more worried about mitigating their liability and washing their hands then they are the millions of people who's lives just got completely trampled. Some of these 'whining babies' are fisherman and property owners so have a little freaking compassion.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I find it interesting if you watch 2 or more live feeds side by side they are not identical. That suggests to me there is something funny going on.

I watched the PB video from the 10. I don't buy half of what this guy it saying. This guys speech is so thick with company line and preserving the companies status quo it's pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join