It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I have to agree with Irish's concerns here. How is it that unless you actively pursue updates regarding this issue, you will never hear anything. It should be almost impossible to avoid hearing an update when the 6th attempt to get this thing under controld fails.

I live in Tampa FL and would estimate that roughly 2/3rds of those around me have no idea that the top kill failed, or that there are no other truly vialble options to get this thing under contrlol before the "relief well" is completed sometime in August... I can't wait to see the new tophat and BOP in action, I have so much faith in their success I can't stand it.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
The lack of concern by the MSM is ridiculous.
Hours and hours spent on yet another corrupt politician ... 30 seconds on this disaster.

You've got a very good point, why isn't the media covering this? Is the True outlook so horrible that they don't dare let the public know? It is interesting the almost total lack of coverage. I'll take a hit for this.
But I just wonder how the press would handle this if a certain president were still in office? Not defending him but how differently the coverage would've been. Anybody want to take odds that this would've been headline news from the very beginning?

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Chance321]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Lots of action on the BP cam right now.

www.bp.com...

I can't imagine how difficult it is to operate those ROV's from topside.. I wouldn't want that job.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I've been watching this most of the morning and it's fascinating to actually see something happening finally.

No idea what they're doing but it's better than watching oil spewing out into the ocean.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
WHOA they just dropped something on the ocean floor!

The video says 'deploy mud mats'.. and just saw them drop something... what are they doing? Does anybody know?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Well I have no idea what they'd done now, but it appears to be aflame down there...

Didn't read the thread from the last time I was here, if it's been mentioned I apologise..

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Okey, what's that white stuff flashing at the end of the pipe? Wish they'd swing over to the right a little to get a better look.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Wow, they're doing some serious cutting on something down there. Anybody know what that is their cutting into?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
No idea what they're currently doing but that's the closest/clearest image of the oil spewing out that I've seen so far..

Not sure if this has been asked before but why is the oil brown and not black?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Don't know if you've been observing but some of those ROV operator did'nt go trough your LA school,it is actually rather annoying to such a lack of experience from at least a couple of those operators,the numbers of mistakes i've observed is incompatible with the serious of the situation .

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The rest of the pipe on the BOP is bent to over 90 degrees they want to cut everything on top of the Blow Out Preventer to be able to lower a cap over the whole head of the BOP,this cap should have a heating device to keep the expanding methane gaz from freezing the slur and pump the whole thing up until finding a way to either collect oil or stop it definetely...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Been watching this gigantic claw looking thing down there right now. Looks like they are getting ready to use it on something. Must be really big since it takes a while to open and shut the claw.
Must going to cut something
Just a heads up.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yeah, I tried to post a pic from a screenshot but haven't figured that out yet. I love the shots where you can see the larger scope of the operation with the multiple rovs. I'd love a shot of topside as well. Must be crowded there too.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Usually the cam shows the date/time and all the other info on the screen but all day today there has been activity and changing camera angles with NO info on the screen as to date/time etc... Not once has there been a still shot of just the plume....so I'm wondering if this is an edit of all their activity put together into a loop.....? Can't be live can it?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by damn_ummmm
so I'm wondering if this is an edit of all their activity put together into a loop.....? Can't be live can it?

I don't know. It's an awful lot of work going on in pretty quick order if it is live. My hat's off to the logistics operator if it is.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This is soo painful to watch. I'm hoping some other people saw that huge claw thing they had earlier. Why can't they use that, but instead of it having sharp blades replace them with something dull and flat so that it crimps the end of the pipe closed.

Even if it doesn't work, which I really think it would. All they would have to do is cut the bolts on that flange and there would be a nice flat surface to mount to lower riser package to.

It's makes me sick to watch, because I think they are throwing away there only chance to seal this leak.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think crimping the pipe closed would work because you are not fighting any of the pressure. You would be coming at it from around the pipe just like that machine that is cutting it now. How do they stop an artery from bleeding during an operation they put a clamp on it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm watching it live. Let me guess they are going to cut the riser right above the BOP first. Then they will use the big yellow claw to then cut the riser into a managable section that can be easily removed only there won't be any oil flowing through it so we won't be able to see how the flow might be reduced by the use of the yellow claw.

I thought these guys were scientific. Why not cut a piece of the riser right above where it is flowing out that other leak we have been seeing the one that is horizontal. There would be nothing to loose and I know it would reduce the flow. It seems that would be the logical scientific thing to do. That way we could see how the yellow claw effects the flow. I know that claw could easily be modified to smash together rather than cut.

If it could be modified to clamp the end of the riser and stay there, thus reducing the flow. I think a top kill could be tried again with the increased back pressure it might just work.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
BP is showing the main leak at the BOP now on their live feed....
www.cnn.com...

As for crimping the pipe to decrease flow, I'm guessing this pipe coming off the BOP is around 2 feet in diameter or maybe more. This would most likely make that effort useless because the pipe would likely break or crack due to the stresses of being very cold and from trying to clamp it shut with a huge claw.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by meckie

If the thing is strong enough to cut then it is surely strong enough to clamp on. If something can be clamped on, the why not clamp another pipe, just a bit larger? Direct the oil to the ships like they planned in the first place?

If it can be clamped, why not clamp an open valve, then weld, then close valve?

If it can be cut, it can be clamped. If it can be clamped, it can be connected or closed.

What is the major malfunction with these keystone engineers?

Please, please, please give me half their budget, half their equipment, and half their staff, and I will have it closed up by the weekend!!

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join